mini convertible rental on Moorea

Jim B

Having just returned I can tell you book when the ship docks. We took a wave runner tour in the AM and by the time we returned the buggies were all gone. You can rent a car for about $110.00 for 4 hours + gas. These buggies are also available on Bora Bora. We didn't know that at the time. I think the charge was something like $80.00 for 4 hours. These buggies don't go too fast but then again, you can't travel too fast on the road. Also, the buggies didn't have reverse. Someone we know had to get out the push it back. We did hire a taxi that took us all around the island of Moorea for 2 hours. We didn't think the cost was too bad, $40.00 for the 2 hours.

Thank you for the info.

When we were in Moorea in 2003 two couples we were with rented some sort

of little open air 4 seater kind of jeep looking car they found right across the street from where the tender lets you off.

Of course they can't remember anything about it.

Jim, I know exactly what you are speaking about. They are called the mini mokes. They are a dune buggy open air type of car. We rented one with friends when we were in Moorea on our last trip years ago. At that time, it was just a walk up outside the Bali Hai. I must say that our one was in no way a slow car. Thank goodness our friend was a cardiologist, as he made my heart race with his speed. It was an absolutely wonderful way to see the island. I have been hunting for a website, but to no avail. I will pass it on to you if I find one.:)

Ruth

Archived