Wine Shop at Darling Harbour?

gooch47

[quote name=arxcards;

Cheryl' date=' is that you? Very rational (and very true).

Cheers

Geoff[/quote]

Geoffrey, you havent called me Cheryl since we were kids:D and you are agreeing with me, praise the lord!!!

Chez

xx

It seemed more a money maker to me! They let you buy bottles of wine onboard P&O and take them back to your room so whats the difference other than where you buy them. Remember that a cheap $6.50 bottle ashore will cost you $18.50 on board. We pay adult fairs we should be able to be treated like adults. I have no problem with tightend security that is not the issue.

It seemed more a money maker to me! They let you buy bottles of wine onboard P&O and take them back to your room so whats the difference other than where you buy them. Remember that a cheap $6.50 bottle ashore will cost you $18.50 on board. We pay adult fairs we should be able to be treated like adults. I have no problem with tightend security that is not the issue.

I totally agree with you & most of us have said the exact same thing all along. It is DEFINATELY to make more money.

Karen

Yes but you see..... if they let you take alcohol on board that was purchased elsewhere then 'big brother' wouldn't be able to 'observe' how much alcohol you have consumed - they would lose their control over you. :mad:

Yes but you see..... if they let you take alcohol on board that was purchased elsewhere then 'big brother' wouldn't be able to 'observe' how much alcohol you have consumed - they would lose their control over you. :mad:

Thats exactly right Liz, there would be no control re the consumption, least at the bar they can refuse service or be held responsible!!

Chez

xx

I think it is just to show that they are taking some precautions against overdrinking and subsequent bad behaviour.

they do let you bring soft drinks on and they sell them on board also (not quite the same markup though i know!!)

I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't still have the taste of shampoo in the bottle.....yuk!!:rolleyes:

Karen

I read another post months ago where they used a hot water bottle. Can imagine how good that would taste!

Cheers

Geoff

We took Maison onto our cruise at Easter time for my Mum's birthday as she is allergic to alcohol and we wanted to share a glass of bubbles with her! I was reminded about 6 times through check in that I could not take on alcohol but they had no problem when they realised that it was non alcoholic. I carried on the six bottles in one of the wine carry bags from Woolworths, a smaller separated version of the green bags. Was very convenient.

Then Cornelius (Head Waiter) kindly arranged for the bottles to be chilled for Mum's birthday dinner and served at the tables (we had five tables!) for no extra cost.

I plan to do this for our January cruise as well.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

It never occurred to me about under-age consumption. I can see where that would be a concern.

But I kind of doubt there will be too many under-age passengers on our cruise. Not many young people can get a month off from work or school.

Got to agree with you Chez.

Mind you, I'm a bit peeved they don't sell Breezers on board. I'm mostly a wine drinker but love a breezer now & then. I also wish they sold ginger beer as that is all DH drinks.

Karen

They had breezers on some of the islands we visited, maybe they are also on board. I can't recall, we just drank wine or scotch.

Archived