Well Here's Another One Need Help With!

hndmn4wf

Can't decide on these 2 cruises so please post your opinion because I'm in the dark with never being to any of these places. Which one should I take the wife and I on? :confused:

I have cabin 1688 port side for the 7 night Mexican and cabin 8168 port sidefor the Car/Panama. Are these good locations for either sailings? They are corner afts.

Thanks once again, :)

1. The 7 night Mexican Riviera

12-Apr Los Angeles, California 5:00 PM

13-Apr Cruising Cruising

14-Apr Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 10:30 AM 6:00 PMTendered

15-Apr Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:30 PMDocked

16-Apr Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 AM 8:00 PMDocked

17-Apr Cruising Cruising

18-Apr Cruising Cruising

19-Apr Los Angeles, California 7:00 AM

10 night Carribean and Panama Canal

13-Mar Miami, Florida 5:00 PM

14-Mar Cruising Cruising

15-Mar Labadee, Haiti 7:00 AM 4:00 PMTendered

16-Mar Cruising Cruising

17-Mar Cartagena, Colombia 7:00 AM 1:00 PMDocked

18-Mar Panama Canal (Cruising Canal) 7:00 AM 3:00 PMTendered

18-Mar Cristobal Pier, Panama 3:00 PM 7:00 PMDocked

19-Mar Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 7:00 AM 7:00 PMDocked

20-Mar Cruising Cruising

21-Mar George Town, Grand Cayman 7:00 AM 6:00 PMTendered

22-Mar Cruising Cruising

23-Mar Miami, Florida 7:00 AM

Roundtrip to Miami in ten days is a partial transit Panama Canal cruise and they are GREAT!

I would choose the ten day and enjoy a transit. We've done that cruise round trip from FLL about 4 or 5 times and would do it again without hesitation. We find it so interesting.

Enjoy.

We did a ten-day Panama Canal cruise on Brilliance of the Seas a couple of years ago and loved it so much that we are doing an eleven-day cruise to Panama on that same ship in January. The cruises I refer to are partial transits of the Panama Canal. That was plenty good enough.

As for port side cabins, I don't think the side of the ship matters all that much, because the ship pulls up to the dock forward sometimes and backward sometimes or just anchors and uses tender boats.

You never really know which side of the ship is going to give you the most advantageous view at any given moment of a cruise. Unless you plan to spend a great deal of time on your balcony, the side of the ship you are on will not be a major determinant of how much you will enjoy your cruise.

I'm guessing the 7 day Mexican Riviera is on the Mariner of the Seas and the 10 night Panama Canal is on either the Jewel or the Brilliance of the Seas.

My choice would be the 10 night Panama Canal. That was my absolute favorite cruise with interesting stops and uncrowded ports. The Panama Canal is amazing even if you are only doing a partial transit. Plus you get 3 more days on the ship. :D

Also, the Radiance class (Jewel and Brilliance are members of this class) are my absolute favorites. Tons of glass, tons of activities but a more intimate ship. I loved the adults only solarium, the Seaview Cafe, the thermal suite in the spa, the outdoor seating in the Windjammer, and all sorts of other stuff.

As to the difference in cabins, both are aft balconies. You will have a better view of the wake on the Radiance class without the superstructure of the Voyager class. But from what I understand the cabin itself and the balcony will be bigger on the Mariner.

Yes, The Mexican Riviera is on the Mariner OTS and the Car/Panama is on the Jewel OTS.

Is there anything wrong with 8168 on the Jewels, b/c everytime I check into booking a cruise all aft cabins are gone but that one. :confused:

I know that 1688 on the Mariner is prime but I don't want to book a cruise based on cabins, although I would still like an aft cabin.:rolleyes:

Any help again would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, :)

Is there anything wrong with 8168 on the Jewels, b/c everytime I check into booking a cruise all aft cabins are gone but that one. :confused:

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about any of the aft cabins on the Radiance class ships. The view is completely unobstructed. Plus 8168 has the advantage of having guestrooms above and below it and not public spaces so shouldn't have any noise issues.

The balcony is larger than those in the same category on the side. If one is available, grab it!!

Archived