Well Here's Another One Need Help With!

hndmn4wf

Can't decide on these 2 cruises so please post your opinion because I'm in the dark with never being to any of these places. Which one should I take the wife and I on? :confused:

I have cabin 1688 port side for the 7 night Mexican and cabin 8168 port sidefor the Car/Panama. Are these good locations for either sailings? They are corner afts.

The Mexican Riviera is on the Mariner OTS and the Car/Panama is on the Jewel OTS.

Is there anything wrong with 8168 on the Jewels, b/c everytime I check into booking a cruise all aft cabins are gone but that one. :confused:

I know that 1688 on the Mariner is prime but I don't want to book a cruise based on cabins, although I would still like an aft cabin.:rolleyes:

Thanks once again, :)

1. The 7 night Mexican Riviera

12-Apr Los Angeles, California 5:00 PM

13-Apr Cruising Cruising

14-Apr Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 10:30 AM 6:00 PMTendered

15-Apr Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:30 PMDocked

16-Apr Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 AM 8:00 PMDocked

17-Apr Cruising Cruising

18-Apr Cruising Cruising

19-Apr Los Angeles, California 7:00 AM

10 night Carribean and Panama Canal

13-Mar Miami, Florida 5:00 PM

14-Mar Cruising Cruising

15-Mar Labadee, Haiti 7:00 AM 4:00 PMTendered

16-Mar Cruising Cruising

17-Mar Cartagena, Colombia 7:00 AM 1:00 PMDocked

18-Mar Panama Canal (Cruising Canal) 7:00 AM 3:00 PMTendered

18-Mar Cristobal Pier, Panama 3:00 PM 7:00 PMDocked

19-Mar Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 7:00 AM 7:00 PMDocked

20-Mar Cruising Cruising

21-Mar George Town, Grand Cayman 7:00 AM 6:00 PMTendered

22-Mar Cruising Cruising

23-Mar Miami, Florida 7:00 AM

I would do the Jewel one this year and the other one next year. I would book the second on on board if possible for OBC.

Reasons. The Panama Canal is one of the wonders on the modern world. If for some reason you can not go on another cruise for a few years at least you got to see this. They could pull out of this cruise at anytime. I would actual try to do the full transit if you can (i know some people of time issues for this) but this is a good second.

The Mexican Riveria will be there anytime you want to go (maybe not on this ship but then you want the ship and not the destination).

One other reason for going on the 10 vs 7 day, longer cruising time = more fun.

I did the 11 day Panama on Jewels sister Brilliance and it was FANTASTIC. Our ports were different but the experience of going through the canal is wonderful. If you choose this one and you are game, do the white water rafting in Costa Rica. One of the best/organized tours ever!!! And 8168, is supposed to be really nice though I have no first hand knowledge. Click on the link in my signature for the Brilliance for pictures.

Since I have absolutely NO INTENTION of giving Mexico one red cent of my American dollars, I'd have to vote for the 10-day panama! It's a great trip (very hot and humid, tho!) and you won't be supporting the Mexican government's treasury!

I'd do the Panama Canal trip, too. I love the Jewel (you can see some pictures of her in the link in my signature) and would pick a 10 day cruise over 7 any day!

OP, what did you decide to do among Alaska, Hawaii and the Med cruises you were looking at? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well it looks like the Panama Canal wins, Hands Up! :) I don't think the one I'm going on is a full transit though but I hope it's still good!

The Alaska and Hawaii or in the running now for the other cruise.

Having the $225.00 balcony off coupon towards Alaska helps a little more though. I'm strongly thinking of Alaska expecially when I've read all the reviews, seen the pics from this past Alaska cruise that others just came back from on the Radience! Boy was the scenery beautiful in the pics I seen, even if it did rain some and little chilly!:eek:

Thanks everyone for all your imput, you don't know how helpful it's been.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, or hug whatever works b/c you did good!;)

Archived