Leaving on Sovereign 10/12 - Last minute questions!!

It looks like we may run into a good amount or rain on our 3 day cruise. Does the ship still dock in Nassau if there are storms so we can at least go over to Atlantis to look around or something if our beach excursion gets canceled due to weather? Or does the ship bypass Nassau all together if it stormy?

I realize CoCo Cay will probably be missed if there is bad weather, which I go into cruise knowing.

Only other question is what kind of music plays in the "disco late night club"? Good variety of 80s, 90s and today dance music? Or just current top 40? Hopefully a good variety for those of us that love our 80s songs.

I will post a detailed review of our cruise the week I get back!

Our 4-day Sov. cruise was mostly overcast with showers, too. Bummer. Yes, you will still stop in Nassau even if it's raining!

As far as bands go, it really depends who they have booked, as to what each band plays! Most play a decent selection of dance music, so you should be fine, in that regard. (Our dance band was of Latino extraction, and sang disco and country--with an accent! Most unusual!)

It looks like we may run into a good amount or rain on our 3 day cruise. Does the ship still dock in Nassau if there are storms so we can at least go over to Atlantis to look around or something if our beach excursion gets canceled due to weather? Or does the ship bypass Nassau all together if it stormy?

I realize CoCo Cay will probably be missed if there is bad weather, which I go into cruise knowing.

Only other question is what kind of music plays in the "disco late night club"? Good variety of 80s, 90s and today dance music? Or just current top 40? Hopefully a good variety for those of us that love our 80s songs.

I will post a detailed review of our cruise the week I get back!

Yes the ship will dock in Nassau if it is raining. Yes you can still go to Atlantis. The Club you are talking about is Voltage I think. It playys a little of everything, and he takes requests.

They should dock in Nassau even if it is raining. We've been there in the rain before. The only way they wouldn't dock was if it is a tropical storm with high winds and things like that. Coco cay is iffy. If no other ships are coming into port you may spend two days in Nassau. That has happened to us also.

Archived