Whats the worst thing you ever forgot to take?

DH forgot to pack his underwear a few cruises back. Luckily we left out of Miami and were staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Quick trip to Wal-Mart solved that problem. I guess it's just another argument for getting to the port at least a day ahead of time!

Our last cruise I forgot my son's formal pants. He had his jacket and shirt and tie and not a single pair of long pants. It would have been okay except we were with my inlaws and SIL and they would have made a huge stink about it.

(he is only 11) We thought about leaving him in the room and ordering room service but, He wanted to eat the Lobster, so my husband went to the formal wear rental place and they didnt have kid's sizes.

We ended up buying a pair of black exercise pants for woman. They said the cruiseline name on them, but the suit covered it. HE was so worried everyone would know, but they were so dark nobody noticed!

Oh, I also forgot his black dress socks so he had to wear some of dad's and they were above his kness! LOL

Now, my son has stated he will pack for himself!:)

I forgot the charger to my digital camera. UGH! I was so upset. My DH spotted the same camera for sale in their display in the photo dept. He told the man in charge of the department what happened and he charged our battery for us overnight. I was so grateful and tipped him but he kept insisting I didn't have too. (But I did :) )

Fortunately, I've never forgotten anything important. I think I forgot my chapstick once, and had the darnedest time finding a replacement (for $3.50) in the onboard shops. They were hidden behind a liquor display...

I wanted to tell a story of something I witnessed, though. I was out in the hall and I saw a young woman approach a room service waitress asking if she knew of a convenient drug store in the port, as she had forgotten her deodorant and the onboard stores were closed since we were docked. The waitress offered to give the woman her deodorant (I assume it was an extra deodorant and not her only one that she was using). She said she would go back to her cabin right then and there to get it, and she refused to take money for it. I thought that was a wonderful example of how amazing the Carnival crew can be!

One time my DH forgot all his pants! Even though he had carefully ironed them all. It was hard for a 6'4" guy to find pants in Progresso, Mexico!

The formal shop onboard did not have any pants long enough for him either.

Yikes! So, what did he do? He could buy shorts of course...

On our last cruise, my boyfriend forgot to pack any dress socks. So on formal night, I was cracking up.. very sharp, black Kenneth Cole suit and shoes... with WHITE ATHLETIC SOCKS!:eek: Thank goodness you could only see them when he was sitting. Funny pics!

imagination.jpg.603cc42dd00f2e2838ac02d0a2dd81aa.jpg

I haven't forgotten anything disasterous on a cruise, but that isn't to say that nothing has been forgotten on a trip.

I think the worst was when my son went to a combined training event and forgot the girth for his saddle. On a similar trip, I forgot all my clothes which were hanging on a doorknob to be transferred to the camper, and I forgot them all.

My husband forgot his sunglasses on a trip to Barbados. The last trip I was on, I packed plenty of long pants but almost no tops. The last cruise I only had one pullover sweater which I wore to dinner every night because the dining room was frigid.

My mom was going to be late for her plane (we pulled her out of the garden and she still had her shoes and stockings in her hand) but we still had to go back for her camera which she had forgotten.

Our last cruise I forgot my son's formal pants. He had his jacket and shirt and tie and not a single pair of long pants. It would have been okay except we were with my inlaws and SIL and they would have made a huge stink about it.

(he is only 11) We thought about leaving him in the room and ordering room service but, He wanted to eat the Lobster, so my husband went to the formal wear rental place and they didnt have kid's sizes.

We ended up buying a pair of black exercise pants for woman. They said the cruiseline name on them, but the suit covered it. HE was so worried everyone would know, but they were so dark nobody noticed!

Oh, I also forgot his black dress socks so he had to wear some of dad's and they were above his kness! LOL

Somehow I think that you are not going to tell him that you shared that little story with the folks on CC. :p

ROFL!!!!! I literally have tears coming to my eyes from laughing so hard!! That is the kind of stuff that memories are made of, and certainly a memory that none of you will EVER forget!!!! Your son learned very quickly how to pack for himself, and i'm sure he will never forget anything ever again!! Thanks for the laugh!!!:D

On our last cruise, my boyfriend forgot to pack any dress socks. So on formal night, I was cracking up.. very sharp, black Kenneth Cole suit and shoes... with WHITE ATHLETIC SOCKS!:eek: Thank goodness you could only see them when he was sitting. Funny pics!

Don't tease us-do you have a picture of this to share with us?:D :p

My magnifying mirror. Without it, my face looks like a white blob. Where, oh where, do I put my eye makeup?

Fortunately, I flew to Miami a day early, so I walked around in the morning before going to the ship until I found a drugstore. I paid $15 for a crappy little mirror I could have gotten for $4.99 at home. But at least I didn't have to go around the ship wearing mascara on my forehead and lipstick on my ears!

Our cruise DOCs for our last cruise.. was sitting at the airport going OK everything is good and then I checked my carry on where the DOC's should be and NO they were not.. decided against getting my father to run to my house and get them..as I knew from reading here you did not need them..:p The security guy in FLL while waiting in line just laughed at us.. saying how do you forget those;)

We picked up the dry cleaning and all the kids pants - both for their suits and the khaki's were not with the bunch and found out when we went to dress for dinner on the first night of the cruise. (Another reason someone may wear shorts in dining room!) We snagged some cheap (ugly) pants in the first port for formal night. I threw them away when we got home. That took up most of the port day.

DH learned when you pick up dry cleaning you check!!

I forgot my strapless bra to wear with my formal. For a fairly normal woman this might not have been a crisis but for me ( a size 38 G) it is critical. We looked all around St Thomas but when you are that size you don't find a bra just anywhere. Another reason that I am now a 38 B!!!

ROTFL!!!! I can sooo sympathize about not being able to find your size!!! Went from a 36H to a 36D a few years ago and was the best thing I ever did;) .

We didn't acutally forget anything last time but were on our way out the door to the airport when I realized DH's dress shirts were still hanging on a hook on our bedroom door. That was a quick re-packing drill!

We didn't acutally forget anything last time but were on our way out the door to the airport when I realized DH's dress shirts were still hanging on a hook on our bedroom door. That was a quick re-packing drill!

I have learned that hanging clothes on the back of the bedroom door when packing is dangerous business.....

I forgot my strapless bra to wear with my formal. For a fairly normal woman this might not have been a crisis but for me ( a size 38 G) it is critical. We looked all around St Thomas but when you are that size you don't find a bra just anywhere. Another reason that I am now a 38 B!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't sympathize with you on THAT, but I CAN imagine!!:eek: ;)Your bra story KIND OF reminds me of what happened to me on my first cruise. It was me and my mom, and we were getting ready for the formal nite. We made sure we had plenty of time, we had our clothes laid out, etc. I started getting ready, and I could not find ANY of my bras, especially the black one I HAD to wear with my formal clothes! Our "calm" evening turned into a nightmare! We looked everywhere (we were in a cat 12 on Ecstasy). I knew I had packed them, i had seen them earlier. FINALLY, I went into the closet, and the room steward, who i found out later was a woman, had hung them on a hanger and they were behind all the rest of the clothes that were hanging up!!!:eek: :eek:

FINALLY, I went into the closet, and the room steward, who i found out later was a woman, had hung them on a hanger and they were behind all the rest of the clothes that were hanging up!!!:eek: :eek:

ICK!!!!!! I would be freaked if the room Stewart touched my bra.

on our cruise on Liberty I realized the importance of packing wet ones or other disposible wipes. none of the restrooms we visited in Costa Rica or Panama had TP. Luckily, there was a lady in Costa Rica that had a big box and she gave us some....next day in Panama we made sure to leave the ship prepared! LOL

We haven't actually forgot to bring anything, but have forgot where we put things.

We arrived at the airport to check out luggage and wouldn't you know it 55lbs. So while everyone is waiting to check their bags, we start the re-shuffle of trying to get the suitcase to the 50lbs mark so we don't have to pay the extra money. Toiletry bad with all the lotions, shampoos, perfumes, and what not go into the carry on along with a pair of shoes. Whoops can't bring liquids in the carry ons any more. Now, we didn't even think about that until we are taking off our shoes before going through the scanner. I tell my wife, "I'm going to put it through anyway and if they take it and throw it away we'll get more when we arrive".

Bag goes through the scanner and they didn't even catch it. On the other hand, the screener calls for a bag check on my wife's purse. They pull out a thing of carmex and hand lotion and procede to lecture her about how that stuff has to be in a zip lock bag and sent through seperatly. I proceed to rib my wife at the same time as the TSA guy both of us knowing that I had a the bag of big no no's and this moron caught the wrong bag.

It was good for a laugh and made us all feel a lot less safe at the same time.

Last Thanksgiving we cruised out of Miami on Valor. We had spent weeks finding formals for my (then 15 yo) DD. One was a very pricey Jessica McLintock. We were driving the 6 hour trip the day of the cruise, planning to leave at 6am. I was doing the 2 loads of necessaries the night before and my dryer died. It would NOT get hot and would not dry. It took 5+ hours per load. At 7am I was still trying to finish the laundry so I could finish packing. We did not get out the door until after 9am, which is cutting it close as traffic is BAD in South FL.

Half way there, my DD realizes she left her formals on her bed. About 30 min after that, I realize I left my hormone patches (surgical menopause) at home. My DH concurred that we needed to find a refill lest one of us not make it back from the cruise alive. Thank goodness my Rx was with a national chain and I have a BlackBerry. I managed to find a pharmacy in Miami and order the refill and pick it up en route to the ship. We then spent our day in Nassau hunting for a new dress for DD, and our day in St Thomas doing the same for the next formal night.

We tend to take things in stride, and it all worked out and we had a great time. Two days ago I booked another cruise on the same ship for December of this year. After all, DD still has those unworn dresses.... :D

I'm sorry, but I can't sympathize with you on THAT, but I CAN imagine!!:eek: ;)Your bra story KIND OF reminds me of what happened to me on my first cruise. It was me and my mom, and we were getting ready for the formal nite. We made sure we had plenty of time, we had our clothes laid out, etc. I started getting ready, and I could not find ANY of my bras, especially the black one I HAD to wear with my formal clothes! Our "calm" evening turned into a nightmare! We looked everywhere (we were in a cat 12 on Ecstasy). I knew I had packed them, i had seen them earlier. FINALLY, I went into the closet, and the room steward, who i found out later was a woman, had hung them on a hanger and they were behind all the rest of the clothes that were hanging up!!!:eek: :eek:

And why pray tell would anyone hang up a bra? Who would really do that, except for your Room Steward? I do not want anyone going through my things, why would she. That seems like an invasion of privacy to me.

Archived