Whats the worst thing you ever forgot to take?

I forgot hairspray. Now, I know most of you are thinking "big deal" right. Well, I have short hair that tends to friz and curl with humidity, so without hairspray I was really having a"badhair day" day and night. The salon on the ship didn't sell any so I finally found some on our 2nd port in St. Thomas. Yep, when most people got back on the ship, they were bragging about their big purchases (ex; jewelry, liquor, cigars) I was just as happy with my purchase of hair spay!!

It wasn't a cruise, but our last big vacation to a couples only resort I forgot to bring my husband. We were travelling with 4 other couples and after a 1 1/2 hour drive to the airport DH realizes that he left his passport at home....so I left DH at airport and went on to Jamaica without him:D It really made for a funny time at Sandals because when we would go to the restaurant for dinner they would ask how many in our party and we'd say "7". They would say "you mean 8" and we would all laugh and say "no, only 7". He did make it a day later and now it is a standing joke with all of our friends everytime we travel..."Hey Dave, did you remember your passport?"

I forgot my watch, on my last cruise, which was a real pain. I have got used to using the time on my cellphone, but of course, I didn't carry this around on the cruise.

Ditto on the error. . . Twice!. . . I did it on my cruise this past February, and again for my May sailing. I was so frustrated at myself.

Solution: I put a watch in the outer pocket of my luggage and it remains there always, even when luggage is stored between trips.

Other than that, I've been very fortunate to have never forgotten anything major.

I have never forgotten anything on a cruise. (Knock on wood!) But last night, we did an "escape from work" on our 30' sailboat after work, and I realized (it was 11pm and many rum-based beverages later) we had forgotten to pack toothbrushes in the boat bag! Nothing makes for an a more unfun experience than having to put Crest on your finger and attempt to "ghetto-brush" your teeth! (Luckily, there was some Listerine to rinse with!) Heck, I even remembered a hair brush. The first thing I did when I got home today was scrub my teeth with a toothbrush!

I forgot the extension cord I needed to plug in my CPAP pump.

Not a problem to borrow one at the pursers desk and have a $25 deposit put on the Sail and Sign card.

I really was angry with myself when I had been standing in the line to the pursers desk on the last night to return the thing. Stood there for almost an hour and a half. Vowed never again (both to forgetting the cord and also Carnival but have calmed down finally).

David

LOL, I have to know who your room stew was on your ecstasy sailing. I was on the 9/9/2007 in a cat 12 (u70)...

Jenny

I'm sorry, but I can't sympathize with you on THAT, but I CAN imagine!!:eek: ;)Your bra story KIND OF reminds me of what happened to me on my first cruise. It was me and my mom, and we were getting ready for the formal nite. We made sure we had plenty of time, we had our clothes laid out, etc. I started getting ready, and I could not find ANY of my bras, especially the black one I HAD to wear with my formal clothes! Our "calm" evening turned into a nightmare! We looked everywhere (we were in a cat 12 on Ecstasy). I knew I had packed them, i had seen them earlier. FINALLY, I went into the closet, and the room steward, who i found out later was a woman, had hung them on a hanger and they were behind all the rest of the clothes that were hanging up!!!:eek: :eek:

And why pray tell would anyone hang up a bra? Who would really do that, except for your Room Steward? I do not want anyone going through my things, why would she. That seems like an invasion of privacy to me.

That was the weird part-my bras were still in my suitcase, which WAS open on the bed! I thought it was kind of weird her taking them out of my suitcase, but I wish she had at least put them in a drawer!! :eek: She was very sweet and don't think she meant any harm, it just drove me nuts looking for them. I've never hung a bra up before!!:D

LOL, I have to know who your room stew was on your ecstasy sailing. I was on the 9/9/2007 in a cat 12 (u70)...

Jenny

I had to go to Carnival's website and look at the deckplans to remember! My mom and I were in U73! I don't even remember the steward's name, just that it was an Asian woman! Of course, it has been a year so who know's if she is even there anymore! We never even SAW her until the last day of the cruise!! LOL!!:D She did do a great job keeping the room clean and everything, so once I found my bras, i put them in a drawer and made sure nothing was left out that she would try to hang up!;)

Why would you mind if she "touched" your bras? The steward touches your sheets, bedspread, pillows, towels, robe , shower curtain, glasses, etc.

I hang my bras all the time, mainly from the washer to dry as I don't put some of the more delicate ones in the dryer.

Why would you mind if she "touched" your bras? The steward touches your sheets, bedspread, pillows, towels, robe , shower curtain, glasses, etc.

I hang my bras all the time, mainly from the washer to dry as I don't put some of the more delicate ones in the dryer.

Taking my Mom on a surprise 75th birthday cruise...now this alone was a task. I had to have several family members that lived closer to her, pack and "fib" to get her to the airport and onto a plane...she really did not like all the secrets. We meet at the BWI airport adn flew together to MIA. Great flights. Great hotel prior in South Beach. Go to ship via hotel shuttle and a bag was lost!!!! A large Coach tote that I had planned to carry on. Had my passport, meds and some other items in it. Seems someone else "took" it off the shuttle with them at an earlier stop. This was not noticed until we were about to turn over our bags to the porter out in from of the port of MIA. Of course, the shuttle was gone. I really paniced. Spoke withthe cruise line rep (actually 4 different ones). I called my DD at work. She drove 40 min to my home, tore the computer room apart, found a BC, faxed it to a # the cruise line gave me. She called me to say it was completed. I spoke again with the cruise line rep. My Mom and I talked about "what if i could not get on ship". I wanted her to enjoy the cruise and I would meet up at the next port. She said no way, thought something like that sounded like an excursion and did not want to miss a flight on a "little plane". Thank goodness, 2 hours after missing the bag, I was allowed to board. I have wondered if this was because I was a Diamond + past Guest or if this would be done for anyone else. My family says loyality does have its rewards! We had a fantastic cruise and my Mom enjoyed telling anyone that would listen how her daughter, NOT her at 75 forgot something! FYI: some people are just still good. My bag was waiting at the hotel when we returned (2 day stay fter the cruise). Someone found it and sent it back from where ever they were. It even had a sweet note inside saying how sorry they were. All around a happy ending.

On our first cruise I forgot to pack DH's socks. This is not good on an Alaskan cruise! Luckily, the ship's store did have some, but of course they were waaaaayy over priced.

On that cruise I also left the charger for my camera in the hotel room in Anchorage. Luckily, my SIL was working in Alaska for the summer and was able to go by the hotel and get my charger and mail it home to me. Unfortunately, the charger wasn't as easy to get a replacement for as DH's socks were. My charge lasted through most of the cruise and then I bought a disposible camera.

All that sure taught me the value of a packing list and double & triple checking the hotel room before you check out!

No, I was just wondering if it was the same stew, ANA, she was great! In fat I felt like I saw here every moment of the day! Ther were brief moments when she would tellus that she was gonna take a break, butnot until after we left fr port..We told her not to worry. We are not THAT messy and we could live without our beds being made ever 5 hours, but she insisted.

I honestly thought it would be different having a female stew on a cruise....turns out, she rocked. Her hubby worked there too. Just fell in love with her. She was soo funny, but in a completely different way.

Best tip i ever had..I asked her to take a pi of us and she said "say pepsi", I was like "huh", she said it gives you the best smile....turns out she was absolutely right!

Remember, and I know you are all trying it right now...PEPSI!!!!!

I had to go to Carnival's website and look at the deckplans to remember! My mom and I were in U73! I don't even remember the steward's name, just that it was an Asian woman! Of course, it has been a year so who know's if she is even there anymore! We never even SAW her until the last day of the cruise!! LOL!!:D She did do a great job keeping the room clean and everything, so once I found my bras, i put them in a drawer and made sure nothing was left out that she would try to hang up!;)

Just FYI, this happens OFTEN, I happpen to work for an airline and most dont look at that bag until they get home, then OOPs, "that isnt mine".....Yes there are some thugs out there but I just don't see it happen on an airline......I think it has more to do with folks losing their common sense and takin the wrong bag...sucks though.if it were my shoes, i would have cried, and hard!111

glad you found it in the end...it is usually the consumers fault...

Taking my Mom on a surprise 75th birthday cruise...now this alone was a task. I had to have several family members that lived closer to her, pack and "fib" to get her to the airport and onto a plane...she really did not like all the secrets. We meet at the BWI airport adn flew together to MIA. Great flights. Great hotel prior in South Beach. Go to ship via hotel shuttle and a bag was lost!!!! A large Coach tote that I had planned to carry on. Had my passport, meds and some other items in it. Seems someone else "took" it off the shuttle with them at an earlier stop. This was not noticed until we were about to turn over our bags to the porter out in from of the port of MIA. Of course, the shuttle was gone. I really paniced. Spoke withthe cruise line rep (actually 4 different ones). I called my DD at work. She drove 40 min to my home, tore the computer room apart, found a BC, faxed it to a # the cruise line gave me. She called me to say it was completed. I spoke again with the cruise line rep. My Mom and I talked about "what if i could not get on ship". I wanted her to enjoy the cruise and I would meet up at the next port. She said no way, thought something like that sounded like an excursion and did not want to miss a flight on a "little plane". Thank goodness, 2 hours after missing the bag, I was allowed to board. I have wondered if this was because I was a Diamond + past Guest or if this would be done for anyone else. My family says loyality does have its rewards! We had a fantastic cruise and my Mom enjoyed telling anyone that would listen how her daughter, NOT her at 75 forgot something! FYI: some people are just still good. My bag was waiting at the hotel when we returned (2 day stay fter the cruise). Someone found it and sent it back from where ever they were. It even had a sweet note inside saying how sorry they were. All around a happy ending.

On our cruise to Alaska, I forgot to pack my husband's underwear. Luckily (?) the shop on the ship had some, but they were a size too SMALL. I ended up paying $36.00 for 6 pair of tidy whities.

Commando was not an option ;)

Forgot the purses that matched the shoes! It was a cruise to nowhere and I packed too many pairs of shoes anyway. The real problem was in not knowing whether I left them home or lost them on the way to the ship. The positive effect was sheer liberation. I gave all the bulky stuff to DH to carry. I tucked in my sail card and was good to go.:D

• 3 weeks later...

When my DD got married in June I forgot ALL of my tops and shirts. Had to borrow one from my DD first day of the cruise (I wanted to change after her wedding), and then buy some at our first port. Thank goodness it was the next day. So all week I wore t-shirts that I bought in Key West.:( BUT I did remember the dress I for the wedding!

Being 43, my "cycle";) is not regular anymore, and it decided to come late at night, after all the shops had closed onboard!! We docked at Cozumel the next morning, and i made sure I was one of the first people off the ship, i found a drug store, bought some WAY overpriced tampons, and the rest of the cruise was uneventful, thank GOD!!:eek: :)

Did this on my first cruise. Had to get some in the Carnival shop. :o

On my Little Girls Cruise, I forgot to pack my daughters' dresses for formal night. they were adorable. They matched each other and I was planning on getting their pictures taken together.

I remembered when we were about halfway to Galveston -- about a 45-minute drive. I didn't think we had enough time to go back home and get them. I was just beginning to date my current husband at the time. The girls thought I should call him and ask him to bring them down to us -- a 90-minute drive!! He probably would have done it, but I couldn't ask. That's just too much to ask of someone you've only known a few months!

The funny thing is, when I told them we couldn't ask him to drive all that way to bring us something, they said "hey, don't we have an extra bed on the ship? He can just come with us!" How inappropriate would that have been?? :eek: Mom taking her new boyfriend of a few months on a cruise with her daughters!

If you were my mother forgetting the matching dresses with my sister I'd be thanking God a whole lot!

My mother used to dress my younger sister (3 years younger) and in the exact same clothes! I hated it:mad: :mad: :mad: !!!

Our last cruise I forgot my son's formal pants. He had his jacket and shirt and tie and not a single pair of long pants. It would have been okay except we were with my inlaws and SIL and they would have made a huge stink about it.

(he is only 11) We thought about leaving him in the room and ordering room service but, He wanted to eat the Lobster, so my husband went to the formal wear rental place and they didnt have kid's sizes.

We ended up buying a pair of black exercise pants for woman. They said the cruiseline name on them, but the suit covered it. HE was so worried everyone would know, but they were so dark nobody noticed!

Oh, I also forgot his black dress socks so he had to wear some of dad's and they were above his kness! LOL

Now, my son has stated he will pack for himself!:)

ha ha ha :p ! Now that is funny!

ROTFL!!!! I can sooo sympathize about not being able to find your size!!! Went from a 36H to a 36D a few years ago and was the best thing I ever did;) .

We didn't acutally forget anything last time but were on our way out the door to the airport when I realized DH's dress shirts were still hanging on a hook on our bedroom door. That was a quick re-packing drill!

:mad: And here I am trying to go from a 32 B to a 36C

Archived