Whats the worst thing you ever forgot to take?

Mine was a brush, they didn't have any for sale on the ship not even the salon, did buy one of those pocket combs about 4 inches long, real chore to blow dry hair and style hair thats down to the middle of your back.:mad: I finally bought a brush for about 15 dollars had to got way out of our way to find one in port.

Bathing suits for my youngest daughter! Had to buy one at our first port stop- Key West, and paid WAY too much! Since the first day was a sea day, she wanted to swim, so she wore a spare of her older sister's, and we pinned it to fit with safety pins. Don't know how I forgot it- I had it on my list.

My husband forgot his PASSPORT once! (Pre-Sept. 11, 2001)

We were having an ice storm in Maine (ahhh...not-so-fond memories) and were very lucky that our flight did take off (safely)! Prior to leaving home, my husband had removed the zippered middle section of his luggage (no thought process here...) which contained his passport. Fortunately we arrived in Florida a couple days prior to the cruise.

But Maine was totally iced over with almost everything shut down. We called our kids...they couldn't find the passport (as hubby didn't at that time remember what he had done with it). So I directed them to his birth certificate. On those miserable roads, our son drove to the post office and send the BC by overnight mail. But upon receipt, we realized he had sent the wrong document (can't remember if it was the marriage license?) So we sent him on another mission, actually located the BC and sent it by overnight mail direct to Carnival (per their phone instructions).

So we arrive at the pier and no birth certificate. They took us into an office and talked with us, then decided to let us board. My husband had to sign a document regarding getting off in port (can't remember what the restriction was...and didn't care). We were "celebrating" in our cabin when someone delivered the envelope to the room...UNOPENED!

NOW I PERSONALLY CARRY ALL DOCUMENTS...shhhhh....

A few years back on Carnival Pride, I was unpacking and noticed I had left my make up case at home. Luckily I was traveling with my daughter and 2 nieces. Between the three of them, I managed to look some what made up for dinner:eek: . Unfortunalty for me I am in my forties and they were 14, 15 & 16 at the time so my color choices and theirs really differ. But I made due

I forgot the memory card for my camera! The camera had internal memory but that was not a large space, so I bought a new card in Bermuda. $25 for a 256 MG card - not horrible considering they wanted $79 for the same thing on the ship. After the cruise, I misplaced the card! (After I got the pictures off of it, thankfully!)

I also forgot my hairbrush. There were none at the gift shop or salon, I had to make do with plastic comb, I remember at the time, asking at the purser's desk for a hairbrush, I just couldn't imagine that I was the only one to ever forget to bring it. I think that's a staple they should carry, bet they would sell alot of them. Couldn't wait for the first port, thank goodness there was a drug store close by. Every single cruise I forget something, no matter how many lists I make, usually it's something I can do without or get, like toothpaste, just had to use the little samples they give you. My husband usually starts with "so what did we forget this time" when we're in the embarkation line. Oh well, we never let it bother us, just happy to be cruisin!

The worst thing I have ever forgotton was enough medicine for my Epilepsy. I only took half of what was needed through one week cruise and I can't beleive how stupid or forgetful I was. I had to go to a pharmacy in another country and get more RX's. :eek: That was'nt fun, pretty scary getting RX's from another place where it's hard to tell what they would give. I'll never forget the correct amount again on a cruise.:o

On my Little Girls Cruise, I forgot to pack my daughters' dresses for formal night. they were adorable. They matched each other and I was planning on getting their pictures taken together.

I remembered when we were about halfway to Galveston -- about a 45-minute drive. I didn't think we had enough time to go back home and get them. I was just beginning to date my current husband at the time. The girls thought I should call him and ask him to bring them down to us -- a 90-minute drive!! He probably would have done it, but I couldn't ask. That's just too much to ask of someone you've only known a few months!

The funny thing is, when I told them we couldn't ask him to drive all that way to bring us something, they said "hey, don't we have an extra bed on the ship? He can just come with us!" How inappropriate would that have been?? :eek: Mom taking her new boyfriend of a few months on a cruise with her daughters!

The worst thing I have ever forgotton was enough medicine for my Epilepsy. I only took half of what was needed through one week cruise and I can't beleive how stupid or forgetful I was. I had to go to a pharmacy in another country and get more RX's. :eek: That was'nt fun, pretty scary getting RX's from another place where it's hard to tell what they would give. I'll never forget the correct amount again on a cruise.:o

Birth Certificates:rolleyes:

When we were at the pier with the porter he asked if we had everything like ID's, med's, and birth certificates or passports. I looked at my wife and she had that O CRAP look on her face. Well the porter told us to go in and act like we had them and to tell the people at the ticket counter they are in out suitcaes. Well it worked.

My watch :eek: And as you know, everything is timed on a ship.

I forgot my watch on my last cruise. I really was kinda lost without it. About halfway through the cruise they had those el-cheapo $10 watches on sale in the gift shop so I bought one and felt fully dressed the rest of the cruise. lol

On our first cruise I forgot my husbands dress pants. Luckily I figured out while we were still in Orlando, so we made a quick trip to the mall.:)

I am always somewhat obsessed with bringing the important things like docs, ID, $ and my makeup.... :p

Oh I just remembered, on one cruise my husband had rental cars lined up on 2 islands. This was the cruise he suddenly decided, "I'm free so lets leave a day early!" (Our stop off place was Grandma's in Florida.) So as I am rushing around trying to get ready to go, I handed him my travel bag and said, "Check to make sure everything is there." Well, long story short, he said everything was there and barely even checked. Then he was actually miffed at me because the rental car info wasn't in there. :confused:

He was able to make long-distance calls from Grandma's house to get our info for the trip. But... Now no matter how rushed I am, I always do the double checking.:p;)

I forgot my watch on my last cruise. I really was kinda lost without it. About halfway through the cruise they had those el-cheapo $10 watches on sale in the gift shop so I bought one and felt fully dressed the rest of the cruise. lol

On our first cruise I forgot my husbands dress pants. Luckily I figured out while we were still in Orlando, so we made a quick trip to the mall.:)

I am always somewhat obsessed with bringing the important things like docs, ID, $ and my makeup.... :p

Oh I just remembered, on one cruise my husband had rental cars lined up on 2 islands. This was the cruise he suddenly decided, "I'm free so lets leave a day early!" (Our stop off place was Grandma's in Florida.) So as I am rushing around trying to get ready to go, I handed him my travel bag and said, "Check to make sure everything is there." Well, long story short, he said everything was there and barely even checked. Then he was actually miffed at me because the rental car info wasn't in there. :confused:

He was able to make long-distance calls from Grandma's house to get our info for the trip. But... Now no matter how rushed I am, I always do the double checking.:p;)

I FORGOT MY SUIT NOW IM A PRETTY BIG GUY I CANT GET SUITS FROM ANYWHERE IT JUST SO HAPPEND THAT WE WERE IN NEW ORLEANS A DAY EARLY AND THE BIG AND TALL SHOP WAS OPEN HALF A DAY.

Hair conditioner. Not a problem because I borrowed my daugher in laws.

The so called shampoo/conditioner sucks on the ship:(

I can't believe carinivals salons don't carry hair brushes for purchase:confused:

Note to self put extra hair brush in luggage now:D

On one cruise I forgot to leave my candles at home:eek: .

My DH and I like the "mood lighting" and the nice tropical scenting of the candles.

Security came to our cabin on day two to take our candles. When we were debarking I asked one of the social hosts where I could pick them up. He and the other social hosts were apparently looking forward to meeting the couple with the scented mood light candles:o

Now we know...no candles allowed!!

Payd:)

Someone traveling with us forgot......................the blue folder(cruise docs). We had traveled 100 miles to the airport. They had filled out and printed the Funpass so Carnival said ok, come on down.

This is just last month, we enjoyed our Triumph cruise!!

I have to LOL at the pants. :eek:

I once forgot an extension cord. No big deal really, but I NEED my sound machine near me to sleep...we schlepped all over San Juan to find one. :(

You all have inspired me to start packing for my cruise next week!! :D

Being 43, my "cycle";) is not regular anymore, and it decided to come late at night, after all the shops had closed onboard!! We docked at Cozumel the next morning, and i made sure I was one of the first people off the ship, i found a drug store, bought some WAY overpriced tampons, and the rest of the cruise was uneventful, thank GOD!!:eek: :)

Shari, how do I follow that?:eek:

I forgot my perfume...no big deal, I went to the shops as soon as they opened every day and sampled a new one, then the last day of the cruise, I bought my favorite one!;)

I'm thinking about leaving my jewelery next time...LOL:cool: I just don't think the DH would be as eager to replace it for a week.:(

On my last cruise I forgot to bring over the counter medication. Did not even think about it until boyfriend's eyes started watering, then he couldn't stop sneezing. He had to pay $10 for a four dose box of sudafed in the ship's shop for relief!

Archived