Leave it at Home !!!!

VaBeachCruisers897

just got back from sixth cruise- we keep lowering the bar - now decided that all you need for a seven day cruise is (1) clean underwear for each day of cruise (2) one good pair of walking shoes for shore tours (3) two "non-formal" dinner dress sets- alternate every other night (4) one formal dinner dress set. Carnival provides soap and shampoo in your cabin shower and complimentary razors- so your toothbrush is pretty much it (for guys- Ladies have different standards :D )

Trust me on this - most guys need only shorts (swimwear) tee shirt and sandals - the ship is pretty much casual all day when you are at sea; most all ports are tourist casual for whatever you choose to do.

BTW - the self service debark is great- you get to leave the ship very early and all that is required is that you can carry your bags ashore - minimum bags are key to this so guys YOU HAVE TO WORK ON YOUR "BETTER-HALF" if you want room for the booze you want to bring back.

Hope every reading this is having a great day - and may your cruises be awesome- don't forget to say "THANK YOU" to your cabin steward and dinner waiters- they really work hard to make your day enjoyable. :)

v/r Roger K (the luckiest man on earth to be half of RLKELK)

Sometimes these boards provide way too much information. I really don't want to hear that fellow cruisers are wearing the same underwear day after day!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Be thankful that you don't frequent the same tuba/euphonium board that I do.;) :D

http://forums.chisham.com/

That's why the low brass gets stuck in the back of the bus.

As a Trombone girl I feel your pain ;)

Please forgive the quick jump off the current topic.

I've established a discussion board like this that I've dedicated to band musicians, whether they be in marching band, concert band, community band or are just enthusiasts for band music. While I have many professional musicians on my board, there's also plenty of boogerheads like me to balance things out. My board's name is "Strike Up the Band!" and the URL is http://waynesworld.17.forumer.com/. Registration is free and I make nothing off the board. I set it up just for us musicians to have a common spots to visit. Check it out! Even if you're not playing any more, you might still enjoy visiting with other folks that do.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program................

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a pack rat by nature and I accept that and try not to place any undeserving hardship on others because of it.:D If anyone reading this plans on going on the same cruise as me in Jan. '09, pack light, I'll have it if you don't. I have a small bag dedicated for 'stuff' that goes under the bed when we get into the cabin and rarely comes out until we leave.:p

Some of us are sicker than others. Keep cruising!

Barry

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
the kids

Haha!

Seriously though...

Leaving Friday with one pair of athletic shoes for ports and one pair of sandals for dinner...very proud of myself. No over the door thingy, no power strip, one vehicle for the 6 of us instead of 2 (gas prices are a killer), and no blow dryer, shampoo or conditioner. Third cruise, getting better at packing!

Okay, so I was in the camp of "what the heck would you need duct tape for?" UNTIL this cruise!!

My balcony door wouldn't stay open to hear the ocean- I even had a bungy with me but couldn't find anything to hook it to. duct tape would've worked.

The seam on my husband's garment bag started coming apart on our trip TO the boat, so I knew it would be a problem on the way home. We ended up having 1 bag that was overweight (and had to pay for it!!) because we couldn't pack enough in the garment bag. If I had had DUCT TAPE that would've fixed it.

The other thing we needed was a multi-tool. My husband's fin needed a screw tightened on the back strap, but we couldn't fix it until we went to the dive shop.

This is the first cruise where we used an over the door shoe thing- I loved it! Mine has mesh pockets, so it was handy even when things were wet. I put an air freshener in one of the pockets and it kept the bathroom smelling wonderful. Plus, my husband FINALLY stopped asking me where things were!!!

**DO** consider shoes for going to the pool area. Your cheap comfy pair of flip flops won't take up much room in your bag.

Also if you're on Carnival anyways, DO bring conditioner if you use it.

On the DON'T side, I took multiple pairs of jeans where I should have only taken one.

Should be a no-brainer, but DON'T take shoes that are not broken in! I got a blister from hell by the time I first got to my room! Lucky I had one pair of flip flops and one pair of dress shoes that weren't hitting my blister, but I had lots of shoes with me that I couldn't wear! :mad:

When we took our first cruise in '94 - I was told to bring duct tape. Reason: What happens if your suitcase rips on the plane? Knowing how baggage handlers (not all, but some) are sooooo careful with your luggage or not.... You either have to go out and buy another suitcase while on vacation or you can duct tape it.

Personally I've never had to use it, but what little room it takes up - I always take it.

Leaving the kids, blow dryer, extra shoes, and those "I'll bring them in case I need them" clothes!

Enjoy any upcoming cruise you may have booked - we leave in 5 days!

Archived