Sydney Airport-Hotel Transportation

bbqbears

Kellie,

I would appreciate the name and contact info for your driver in Sydney. We arrive at 6:20 am after nearly 24 hours of travelling. I will be too tired to think about anything except how to get to the hotel quickly with enough luggage for a 31-day cruise for two people!

Thanks,

Hi Linda,

No problem. I will find his email address and pass it onto you.

I can understand just wanting to get to your hotel after the long flight. Been there, done that many a time. I had a look at some limo sites for Sydney but could only find one that has rates on it HERE

Its $65 base rate from the airport to the City. $10 extra for International and if you want someone to come into the terminal with a sign to wait for you its another $20. So that takes it to $95 and they're the ones that are telling you their rates. Its probably a maximum (in heavy traffic) of $40 to the city in a taxi.

Your choice, but you might need that extra money for the expensive restauarants around the port;)

Kellie,

I would appreciate the name and contact info for your driver in Sydney. We arrive at 6:20 am after nearly 24 hours of travelling. I will be too tired to think about anything except how to get to the hotel quickly with enough luggage for a 31-day cruise for two people!

Thanks,

Hi Linda,

Sorry to take so long - I only had Michael's mobile number. His email address is elitecorporatecars@bigpond.com

Hope this helps - it is a very professional reliable service.

Regards

Kellie

Quick update on our recent experience....the dispatcher put us in a van taxi without telling us that the rate was higher. Then on the way to the hotel, we had a blow-out which was not recognized by the driver until we told him we heard a flapping noise and smelled rubber burning! Bottom line - taxi ride cost almost 60 dollars; we were stranded on the roadside in the taxi until another taxi came, transferred luggage and took us the rest of the way to the hotel. First driver seemed unconcerned and did not use his cell phone to summon assistance but rather called a friend who was a driver to come to help (the taxi that stopped was NOT the friend). Arrived safely, tired and glad to be at the hotel. This time....hiring a private driver might have been the way to go...but there was no way to anticipate the unfortunate incident.

Linda, I should add that from memory, the fare from the airport to the Park Hyatt was about $65. Check with Michael when you email him. We have used his service for years (and also have an excellent driver in Melbourne if anyone is interested) and have never had a bad experience. We saw "Billy Elliot" in Sydney a few weeks ago and organised the driver to take us to the theatre and he was there outside the front door to pick us up at 10.30pm. There were hundreds of people looking for a cab on that Saturday night. It was a good decision.

Thats terrible Sheila! The driver obviously decided because you were tourists he could rip you off. There is NO extra charge for using a mini-van. I don't suppose you got his number because he should be reported.

Not a good start to your holiday. :(

Kellie, Thanks again. I e-mailed Michael and am waiting for a reply. :)

Sheila, I am so sorry that your vacation got off to a rocky start. I'm sure it'll be wonderful from here on. Please keep us posted. Are you doing a "live" thread?

Linda

Kellie, Thanks again. I e-mailed Michael and am waiting for a reply. :)

Sheila, I am so sorry that your vacation got off to a rocky start. I'm sure it'll be wonderful from here on. Please keep us posted. Are you doing a "live" thread?

Linda

Hi Linda,

If you do not hear back from Michael please let me know and I will give him a ring.

Kellie;)

The only problem could be that he may have a gas tank in his boot (trunk in America) and that means that the 4 cases plus the carry ons may not fit Many taxis and limos run on LPG instead of petrol.

We only ever take 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons, always use a limousine to take us to the airport and often one of the cases have to be placed on the front seat.

Jennie

Thanks Kellie. He replied promptly. How large is the car he drives? Will it hold two people, four suitcases and two carry ons? He quoted us $88, so I hope it's a large limo :)

Linda

Hi Linda,

I would just let him know how much luggage you will have. The cars that we have been in have always had heaps of room and we travel with two-three very large cases plus carry ons and whatever else we are taking with us!

I believe they do have larger cars to use if necessary. Believe me, it will be money well spent!

Have a wonderful holiday.

Kellie;)

I just returned from a cruise...Sidney to New Zealand...and used Sidney Airporter to get us to the hotel. They are very nice and reasonable. They will send you a quote and directions on how to contact them at the airport. website is http://www.kst.comau and email is airporter@kst.com.au

You will love the Sidney Harbour Marriott...very close to everything...staff is so nice. One bad thing is that the food all around Sidney is very expensive especially at the hotel. We bought fruit and water at a stand one block from the hotel for our first two mornings then found a little place thru the post office (next to hotel) that was priced much better than all the other places. You can make instant coffee in the room. In Sidney you pay for one cup, only...no refills! Enjoy

If you are looking for cheaper restaurants go to the Rocks area which is near Circular Quay. There are lots of small cafes where you can get a good meal for two for around $50-$80AUD.

We spent 5 days at the Shangri-La in August last year and ate at a different restaurant each night for around that figure.

With regards to breakfast, we always try to get a package that includes a buffet breakfast in our tariff.

Sydney is expensive, more so than Melbourne, but you can get a inexpensive decent meal if you look around.

Jennie

Archived