Election the day after our Cruise!!

sailawaysally

:mad: I don't want to face polling booths the day after we get back from our Dawn cruise. Does anyone know if we could do a postal vote before we go just in case we are held-up somehow(I wish). I just want to enjoy the day after we are winding down from our cruise and beautiful memories not dealing with voting etc. It's bad enough having to go back to work!!:(

It's worth giving it a try. I don't know what the criteria is, and they can't really argue if you say you're going to be away. How do they know?? Though I love Election Days. This one will be interesting to say the least. I'm in John Howard's Electorate.:rolleyes: Can't wait for it to be over.

Hi, what you can do is pickup a Postal Enrollment form from your Post Office and you simply vote on the paper form and post it before you go away on your holiday.

I did that at last election, not because I was going to be away, but because I had an event on that day and would have struggled to find time to go and vote in person.

I can't remember if they asked on the form why you would not be able to vote on the day, but I'm sure if the form does ask you, you can write that you may be away.

It's worth giving it a try. I don't know what the criteria is, and they can't really argue if you say you're going to be away. How do they know?? Though I love Election Days. This one will be interesting to say the least. I'm in John Howard's Electorate.:rolleyes: Can't wait for it to be over.

So Maxine will be your new member then. Mind you, you will miss little Johnny walking the streets in his electorate in his elegant way

2532398290101343478wnMvAR_ph.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

So Maxine will be your new member then. Mind you, you will miss little Johnny walking the streets in his electorate in his elegant way

2532398290101343478wnMvAR_ph.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

Last night on the news that had him in his electorate of Bennelong in 'Moorebank'.:rolleyes: Shame I live in Meadowbank.;)

Greetings one and all,

Voting before the election is possible in 2 ways. Firstly, the postal vote. Secondly, contact your local electral roll office and find out where about early voting booths are available.

That's what we'll be doing. The last thing we wanna do after our cruise is go and vote.

Regards,

Shuboxx1978.

Archived