Balcony or Junior Suite on Enchantment?

I need help!!! I have a balcony booked on the Enchantment. I am surprising my husband for his 40th birthday so I can't ask his opinion. My dilemma is that I see a Junior Suite just opened....but it is toward the back of the ship. Our cabin now is right in the middle. And, our cabin is one of the newly added cabins. The cost difference is only $200. My question is should I trade a new room in a great location for a bigger one that isn't new and not in the middle....what should I do? Are the junior suites that much better than a balcony cabin? I really appreciate any opinions! :)

Wel....you get 2 cruise credits toward your C&A status..and you get a full bathtub instead of just a shower...and a walk in closet, and more space.

we've done 3 in JS and 1 in a balcony...we have an aft JS on enchantment in January.....i would probably do the JS..but it will spoil you!

We had room 8630 2 weeks ago. When I booked the cost was only $100.00 more pp so it was a no brainer. I am a tub person but I took showers in the afternoon and I think I would be fine with just a shower. We didn't have a walk in closet. You opened a door there was the closet with rods and 3 big drawers. ( Is this considered a walk in ? ) There was a LOT of storage places. I didn't use half of them. If you cruise a lot and the 2 cruise credits mean a lot to you that is a plus. I don't think we will become regular cruisers. We enjoyed it but didn't fall in love with it.

Good luck on your decision. :)

We had room 8630 2 weeks ago. When I booked the cost was only $100.00 more pp so it was a no brainer. I am a tub person but I took showers in the afternoon and I think I would be fine with just a shower. We didn't have a walk in closet. You opened a door there was the closet with rods and 3 big drawers. ( Is this considered a walk in ? ) There was a LOT of storage places. I didn't use half of them. If you cruise a lot and the 2 cruise credits mean a lot to you that is a plus. I don't think we will become regular cruisers. We enjoyed it but didn't fall in love with it.

Good luck on your decision. :)

I'd take a JS any where over a Bal. More room, bigger shower,bigger balcony....just better Do it!

Just a clarification. Do you get two cruise credits with a junior suite? I thought you had to have a grand suite for two cruise credits. This is one time when I actually hope I am wrong.

Start celebrating! You are wrong! Getting 2 cruise credits for a JS is one of the only "suite benefits" that you do get! So, for me I'd upgrade just for that reason. HAppy B-Day to your SO.

I need help!!! I have a balcony booked on the Enchantment. I am surprising my husband for his 40th birthday so I can't ask his opinion. My dilemma is that I see a Junior Suite just opened....but it is toward the back of the ship. Our cabin now is right in the middle. And, our cabin is one of the newly added cabins. The cost difference is only $200. My question is should I trade a new room in a great location for a bigger one that isn't new and not in the middle....what should I do? Are the junior suites that much better than a balcony cabin? I really appreciate any opinions! :)

We were in JS 8670 Aft (our first JS & first Aft cabin) this past January, would do it again in a heartbeat! Walk, don't run to book the JS:D !

I would take the JS because of the bathtub vs. the shower. The showers are small and so am I, but I still had a very hard time because of the confined space. In addition, in a suite you get...

2 cruise credits

Larger balcony by 33%

Suites debark the ship sooner...

The sweet thing to do, is take the suite!

BILL

I am surprising my DH with an aft JS on the Enchantment for our 15 year anniversary. He thinks we are getting an inside cabin on the 3rd deck...

As time went by, the JS price dropped to only $10 higher than the balcony, saving me $140.

If you can afford it, I rec you book the JS and keep an eye on the price daily. There is no guarantee of it happening, but a price drop could bring the cost down.

Okay...I did it! I booked the last junior suite. Thanks a million to all of you for your advice! I knew you would lead me to the right decision! My husband will be really surprised. We love the balconies, but this will be our first suite! What a great treat for his 40th!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to post. I am sure I made the right choice now. Cheers! :)

Copied from Murphy: Getting 2 cruise credits for a JS is one of the only "suite benefits" that you do get!

What other perks might you get?

I've only cruised once w/HAL and am thinking of booking a JS during the WOW sale for a family of 4.

Trying to learn everything I can about RCL before Wednesday.

Thanks!!!:D

Wel....you get 2 cruise credits toward your C&A status..and you get a full bathtub instead of just a shower...and a walk in closet, and more space.

we've done 3 in JS and 1 in a balcony...we have an aft JS on enchantment in January.....i would probably do the JS..but it will spoil you!

We had a JR suite on the "Enchantment of the seas" in October 2006 and it did not have a walk-in closet. Does the new JR suites on "Enchantment" have walk-in closets?

Archived