HAL Golf

tankerman

They've taken the virtual golf and the golf pro off the Vista ships several years ago. You might check online for golf courses in the ports where you are going and make your own arrangments online before you leave if you wish to play. My husband has done this in most of the Caribbean ports and it has worked great.

Sorry to hear that too Tankerman. We're taking a 7 day in December to see what the world is like without playing golf for 7 days. Should be a real revelation. In view of what I've read here though, I will take one club with me just to practice my swing;) .

I have been told the concierge in the Neptune will handle tee times and transportation for golf. Anybody had that experience? Of course that applies if you are in cabins that have access to the Neptune Lounge.

That was what I was going to be counting on next Spring!!

We are always in S suites and DH did have the concierge try to make a tee time at one course, but she was not able to. The course was booked solid. That is not to say it isn't done, but by the time the concierge is trying to accomodate you it is late and the good courses are booked. These courses are very popular with the land resorts who book their many customers daily, while it is not done that often by the cruiselines. The best courses all have websites and you can book online months in advance, get your tee time and you are all set. DH cruises often with other golfers we know and this is the only way these other guys will plan on golf also and they are in S suites and don't use the concierge because it is unreliable in getting tee times.

Archived