in room bar set up question--Voyager

MomC

Can you tell me if each cabin (regardless of its category) gets an initial bar set up compliments of the cruise line? That was the case on PG when it first came out and we sailed on it, but when I read "what's included" on their web site, it sounds like it is only for butler suites.

Could someone who has recently cruised with Regent, please clarify their policy? We are booked on the Baltic and Scandanavia cruise next summer, and I have been touting the bonuses of this cruise line to my husband. This would be a big one in his eyes--not that we drink that much, but it seems like our bar bills on cruises are usually a $100 or so.

thanks,

Mom C

Mom C, Regent is now all-inclusive. So there is no additional charge for any alcoholic beverage with the exception of "premium" wines. High-end liquor, e.g. Chevas Regal, is included. I don't know where the cutoff point on "high-end" is but it's pretty high. I would guess that Johnnie Walker Black is included but Johnnie Walker Blue NOT included. We will be sailing Voyager for sixteen days beginning 11/3. We like to mix gin and tonic in our cabin and will ask for a good gin. And we like to sip a good cognac while writing postcards. So we'll ask for that. None of this, of course, is "free." We pay for it with our cruise fare. The initial bar setup you refer to was in place before Regent went all-inclusive. You got two "free" bottles of booze and after that you were charges extra for all alcoholic beverages you consumed. That policy is now history. Patrick

Archived