So what are your must have electric devices?

flagger

I have the power strip all packed. What are your must have electric/electronic devices you take with you on a cruise?

For us:

Digital camera recharger

Hair dryer

X-Box

Portable DVD player & spare battery and recharger

Water/milk immersion coil

Travel Iron

Mine center mainly around the camera gear:

1. Chargers for both cameras (yes, same basic type of camera, same manufacturer, but different chargers :confused: )

2. AC Adapters for both cameras (read above)

3. Charger for AA batteries used in flashes, etc...

4. AC Adapter/Charger for laptop.

Most of this stuff comes along in checked bags, but there's still enough cables and wires in my carry-ons to almost guarantee extra looks at the x-ray machine :(

Don't the cabins already have hair dryers and electrical outlets for camera rechargers?

Which brings up the question -------------------------------------------

"Do I have to bring my own towels on a cruise?"

I hadn't really thought about it until Flagger started this thread. We've got chargers for cameras, toothbrushes, cell phones and a razor. Wife takes a curling iron and blow dryer. Then there's the multiple battery powered stuff like iPods, CD players, travel alarms, etc., and extra batteries for those. And don't forget the power strip and/or extension cord to plug all this stuff in. No wonder TSA wants to look in our bags! :o

At least we can LOCK those bags now so that no one other than TSA (supposedly) can poke around our belongings. That just drove me crazy to know that anyone had access to my unlocked bags. I've had a couple of weird things disappear out of them too.

As I understand it, you need to take a power strip or an extension cord because of where and how the electrical outlet is located in your cabin. It is on the wall just above the desk, but low enough down that there is no room for those bulky adaptors on most chargers. They just won't fit. So if you use an extension cord or power strip it solves that problem.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Archived