What amount do people REALLY tip?

fenreed

Ok...penche is the dictionary.com spelling...so I was unsure of the definition based on your spelling...and I'll bet the gal was HOT!!!
from memory it is penchee, she was like a bessemer converter, I will now have to go and take up a supine position in a dark room and get my nurse to dab my brow with chilled Absolute, whilst singing "Thanks for the Mammories". If my much younger wife reads this she will chop off the bits that still function. regards

from memory it is penchee, she was like a bessemer converter, I will now have to go and take up a supine position in a dark room and get my nurse to dab my brow with chilled Absolute, whilst singing "Thanks for the Mammories". If my much younger wife reads this she will chop off the bits that still function. regards

If mammary serves me correctly, perhaps it is a British spelling of the word pronounced "pahn-shey". I would eschew the dabbing of your brow with Absolut and begin ingesting it straight away before your much younger wife begins to read over your shoulder!!!

If you pay your final bill what refund do you get if you cancel? to the latter yes. regards

When I took my first cruise with the Princess line, my travel agent advised when she sent in final payment that if I had to cancel after that point Princess would refund the airfare as well as my pre and post cruise packages and, had I contracted for any, spa packages. In fact, due to an airline connection problem, I had to be rerouted and wasn't able to arrive in the port city until the departure day of the cruise. Therefore I was unable to use the pre-cruise package. I received a full refund for the unused pre-cruise package.

As to your second sentence...I'm sure you have a logical reason, but, I don't understand why you are asking a question on the forum if you know the answer?

If mammary serves me correctly, perhaps it is a British spelling of the word pronounced "pahn-shey". I would eschew the dabbing of your brow with Absolut and begin ingesting it straight away before your much younger wife begins to read over your shoulder!!!

And tell your much younger wife that she is as hot as a 'Bessemer Converter'...elstwise you may lose her if she reads your posts..."It's cheaper to keep her"...been there done that...lmao...

When I took my first cruise with the Princess line, my travel agent advised when she sent in final payment that if I had to cancel after that point Princess would refund the airfare as well as my pre and post cruise packages and, had I contracted for any, spa packages. In fact, due to an airline connection problem, I had to be rerouted and wasn't able to arrive in the port city until the departure day of the cruise. Therefore I was unable to use the pre-cruise package. I received a full refund for the unused pre-cruise package.

As to your second sentence...I'm sure you have a logical reason, but, I don't understand why you are asking a question on the forum if you know the answer?

Logic doesn't apply to message boards...only personal thoughts and opinions, of which there are many.

I let the cruise line book my flight to the port city...to arrive 2 hours before the cruise departed...I had second thoughts about that and changed my arrival to the port city to the day before embarkation. Now I can sleep at night!!!

Logic doesn't apply to message boards...only personal thoughts and opinions, of which there are many.

I let the cruise line book my flight to the port city...to arrive 2 hours before the cruise departed...I had second thoughts about that and changed my arrival to the port city to the day before embarkation. Now I can sleep at night!!!

We had a two day pre-cruise package scheduled. Due to massive flooding in the airline's hub city (closed airport) we had to be rerouted. We had to fly on another airline to another hub, make connections to yet another hub, spend the night and then on to our port city. Can't say enough good things about our travel agent and her Princess contact. This is the first time it looked as though we might actually have to fly to the second port of call to pick up the cruise. Needless to say we were sweating bullets until we stepped on board the ship.

I always buy travel insurance. But, somehow, the idea of collecting on a policy rather than taking a vacation doesn't pack the same punch.

We had a two day pre-cruise package scheduled. Due to massive flooding in the airline's hub city (closed airport) we had to be rerouted. We had to fly on another airline to another hub, make connections to yet another hub, spend the night and then on to our port city. Can't say enough good things about our travel agent and her Princess contact. This is the first time it looked as though we might actually have to fly to the second port of call to pick up the cruise. Needless to say we were sweating bullets until we stepped on board the ship.

I always buy travel insurance. But, somehow, the idea of collecting on a policy rather than taking a vacation doesn't pack the same punch.

Hmmm...The travel insurance I bought was moving my flight up to the day before boarding the ship and getting a hotel room in Miami, rather than arriving the same day. Since I am taking my two daughters, neither of which has a passport...flying to Nassau would then be extremely expensive considering the cost of two passports and the airfare from Miami to Nassau. It's a gamble no doubt.

My last cruise from Miami to Key West to Cozumel, on Labor Day past was also a gamble because of Hurricane Felix...thankfully it worked out just fine...I hope for the best this time as well...

Personally I think don't think this job is unskilled, it takes a great deal of "people skills" to deal with a sometimes cantankerous public, not to mention a sense of timing and reading the situation of each particular table. Then there is the physical aspect of managing the delivery of the items, communicating with the kitchen and so on. Probably why wait staff at the better restaurants make the money they do (a lot BTW), they are good at it. :)
I think the phrase Unskilled meant no advanced education is needed, not that being a wait person doesn't take special skills. LOL

Nita

Once again "Dubya" you seem not to know what is going on in your own country never mind the rest of the world, (how is "scooter" since your intervention) we had a long conversation with the waitress in Outback, she had plenty of time on her hands as on a Tuesday night it was dead, she was working to fund herself through college and was looking to do a year at school in the UK, the picture she painted was far from yours.

Give our love to your brother, it must be a cause of great stress for him to preside over a state that has the third poorest city in America that Tancredo stated was third world. We feel sorry for the citizens of Miami as I come from a City called Liverpool (get Rummy to find it on a map for you) that was treated with contempt by Thatcher who was a great friend of your party, as you may remember we got rid of her, and Liverpool is about to become the European Capital of Culture and is thriving.

Please remember under your stewardship the international bank rate is one £ = $ 2.048, and by the by how do the 15 million illegals impact on wages of legal workers in America I can only guess that with the rate of unemployment in your country that they are used by some told hold down the wages of others or you would deal with this problem. regards

I find your statements insulting to our President and this is not a political board but a place to discuss cruising issues. If you feel tipping the customary amount is something you can not accept, that is fine, but please do not come here and insult us.

Nita

I find your statements insulting to our President and this is not a political board but a place to discuss cruising issues. If you feel tipping the customary amount is something you can not accept, that is fine, but please do not come here and insult us.

Nita

I think that you have to have big shoulders in any forum and be able to bare insult...even if not directed towards you personally. I don't appreciate foreigners criticizing anything about us or our country...Lord knows there are plenty of them here taking advantage of the good nature of our country. But having said that...it seems that you must be like a duck...and let the water run off your back...but a direct insult is uncalled for...no matter what the circumstance or intention.

Nita

is the op the real George W. Bush? if he is I apologise to that great statesman, love and kisses to you Nita from Gordon Brown, No 10 Downing Street, London

Hmmm...The travel insurance I bought was moving my flight up to the day before boarding the ship and getting a hotel room in Miami, rather than arriving the same day. Since I am taking my two daughters, neither of which has a passport...flying to Nassau would then be extremely expensive considering the cost of two passports and the airfare from Miami to Nassau. It's a gamble no doubt.

My last cruise from Miami to Key West to Cozumel, on Labor Day past was also a gamble because of Hurricane Felix...thankfully it worked out just fine...I hope for the best this time as well...

Best of luck with your arrangements. I know you and your daughters will have a great time.

I like to tease regards

And tell your much younger wife that she is as hot as a 'Bessemer Converter'...elstwise you may lose her if she reads your posts..."It's cheaper to keep her"...been there done that...lmao...

Thank you for your kind advice my wife is much better she is like a blast furnace that is ready for tapping, my kind regards to you, now how much do I tip and who? I will have to desist now as England will be playing South Africa in the world rugby finals and I must prepare for defeat

Better get used to the British "wit." As long as the pound sterling is a big winner against the "almighty" dollar, they will be here in droves! I don't see the dollar improving for 457 plus days.

Look mate you are you calling a twit:mad:

Oh sorry:o these dam glasses;)

Love to come to see you but we have to fit in all these cruises:)

:)Happy Cruising

:cool:

Dai

Thank you for your kind advice my wife is much better she is like a blast furnace that is ready for tapping, my kind regards to you, now how much do I tip and who? I will have to desist now as England will be playing South Africa in the world rugby finals and I must prepare for defeat

Prepare for defeat???? What kind of Englishman are you? :D. It may be a bit of a longshot but I think can win this if they get a couple of breaks.

Most importantly...tap...or tip your wife...you have to live with her...NOT the servants on any cruise ship you may cruise on. I regret that you must prepare for defeat...you seem inclined to accept that fate. My kindest regards to you as well...and as part of my heritage is from England...I would be inclined to say..."GO ENGLAND". Have a G'day mate. Fair thee well.

I think that you have to have big shoulders in any forum and be able to bare insult...even if not directed towards you personally. I don't appreciate foreigners criticizing anything about us or our country...Lord knows there are plenty of them here taking advantage of the good nature of our country. But having said that...it seems that you must be like a duck...and let the water run off your back...but a direct insult is uncalled for...no matter what the circumstance or intention.
You are right, there are certain things that just blow my mind I guess. I usually don't take personal attacks to seriously and I get my share (someimes the piss me off) but when our country and leaders are being attacked it does bother me. Again you are right...

Nita

Once again "Dubya" you seem not to know what is going on in your own country never mind the rest of the world, (how is "scooter" since your intervention) we had a long conversation with the waitress in Outback, she had plenty of time on her hands as on a Tuesday night it was dead, she was working to fund herself through college and was looking to do a year at school in the UK, the picture she painted was far from yours. [/Quote]

And I'm certain she convinced you to leave a generous tip. I think that Mr. P.T Barnum had words for you once.

Please remember under your stewardship the international bank rate is one £ = $ 2.048, and by the by how do the 15 million illegals impact on wages of legal workers in America I can only guess that with the rate of unemployment in your country that they are used by some told hold down the wages of others or you would deal with this problem. regards

Do you mean the unemployment rate which is lower than the U.K's?

Prepare for defeat???? What kind of Englishman are you? :D. It may be a bit of a longshot but I think can win this if they get a couple of breaks.
I placed a bet of £50 that England would win at 25 to 1 some month ago, so I lost $2500 last night.

I played Rugby as a prop at county level till dislocations ended the fun.

I love the game not the team, it was a poor game and the better side won, congratulation to South Africa.

I am proud that the sport I love in a country I know helped to end aparthied, so again to my friend in S/A congratulations

Most importantly...tap...or tip your wife...you have to live with her...NOT the servants on any cruise ship you may cruise on. I regret that you must prepare for defeat...you seem inclined to accept that fate. My kindest regards to you as well...and as part of my heritage is from England...I would be inclined to say..."GO ENGLAND". Have a G'day mate. Fair thee well.
Thank you mate, I am in truth "sick as a Parrot" but if asked to draw some Nationalistic pride from the series, we did beat the Aussies, and the French in Paris the hosts of the finals.regards

Archived