On-board purchase returns

Eddie4Paws

Has anyone ever returned an item purchased on a previous cruise? I bought some Elemis spa products on my last cruise in February, and haven't used them. They are still in the original box and I have my receipt. I was thinking maybe I could return them on my cruise in November. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? My sister had purchased some "inch of gold" jewelry 2 years ago, and it changed color. (What a surprise!) On her next cruise, she brought the bracelet with her, and they would not replace it. They gave her an address to mail the bracelet and have it exchanged.

I would highly doubt they'd take that back, even if you wanted to return it while still onboard the original cruise...unless an item is defective, and especially 8 months later? If they were not willing to take back the "inch of gold" product which turned color, I can't imagine they would be willing to entertain a "buyer's remorse" return. You can certainly try, though. Good luck.

I'm very surprised they wouldn't replace the inch of gold piece. They are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. I bought my daughter an inch of gold bracelet and it was too small for her (she's very petite, but I didn't get her wrist size right). Anyway I brought it with me the next cruise and not only did they add the extra inch I needed, they didn't charge me. I think whoever took care of you didn't know what they were talking about. I would bring it to them again on your next cruise. I'm almost certain there is a sign somewhere that says they are guaranteed.

I had my hair done at the spa for formal night last cruise and the stylist put a bit of gel under my eyes, told me they were puffy!:eek: It felt really good so I puchased a jar of it. As the night progressed my eyes began to itch, apparently my skin did not like it and the next day I returned it, unopened, with recpt and they took it back without a fuss.

I had my hair done at the spa for formal night last cruise and the stylist put a bit of gel under my eyes, told me they were puffy!:eek: It felt really good so I puchased a jar of it. As the night progressed my eyes began to itch, apparently my skin did not like it and the next day I returned it, unopened, with recpt and they took it back without a fuss.

Just curious, what type of gel did the stylist put under your eyes? I've never heard of that trick. I have heard of hemmorhoid cream, lol, but not hair gel. (If that's what was used.)

Has anyone ever returned an item purchased on a previous cruise? I bought some Elemis spa products on my last cruise in February, and haven't used them. They are still in the original box and I have my receipt. I was thinking maybe I could return them on my cruise in November. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? My sister had purchased some "inch of gold" jewelry 2 years ago, and it changed color. (What a surprise!) On her next cruise, she brought the bracelet with her, and they would not replace it. They gave her an address to mail the bracelet and have it exchanged.

hi i have returned a dog lease that i purchased on another cruise & they gave me a new 1 tell your sister to take it with her the next time & don't say u brought it on your last trip they exchanged mine also tell her to put it in coke it works i do it at lease once a month that's what they told me she must have got the wrong sales people

hi i have returned a dog lease that i purchased on another cruise & they gave me a new 1 tell your sister to take it with her the next time & don't say u brought it on your last trip they exchanged mine also tell her to put it in coke it works i do it at lease once a month that's what they told me she must have got the wrong sales people

You must be a huge James Joyce fan!

Just curious, what type of gel did the stylist put under your eyes? I've never heard of that trick. I have heard of hemmorhoid cream, lol, but not hair gel. (If that's what was used.)

It was an Elemis product:rolleyes: go figure.

Prep H is widely used in Hollywood by makeup artists for bags under the eye as well as a sagging jawline. Now PLEASE! do not run out an buy some until you read what I tell you!:

The original formula is THE ONLY one to buy, not the "sensitive" "moisturizing" etc type as they leave a shiney sheen to the skin!:eek: It will look like you've been shrink wrapped!:eek:

Milk of Magnesia is great to prep the skin for a make up job that needs to last all day. Put some on a cotton ball and "wash" your face with it, do not rinse!. When its dry appy makeup as you normally would.

Prep H is widely used in Hollywood by makeup artists for bags under the eye as well as a sagging jawline. Now PLEASE! do not run out an buy some until you read what I tell you!:

The original formula is THE ONLY one to buy, not the "sensitive" "moisturizing" etc type as they leave a shiney sheen to the skin!:eek: It will look like you've been shrink wrapped!:eek:

Milk of Magnesia is great to prep the skin for a make up job that needs to last all day. Put some on a cotton ball and "wash" your face with it, do not rinse!. When its dry appy makeup as you normally would.

Never heard of M of M as a foundation base. Interesting. I'll have to try it. The worse than can happen is that my make-up will run. Get it? Run... ha ha ha !

Like I always say you learn an awfully lot of stuff in this site and not just cruising stuff either.;) By the way I did know about the Prep H under the eye.

Marilyn

Super! I have a Halloween make-up question. My 9 yr old wants to be a mime. What is the safest way to give her a white face? Thanks for your help.

-Renee'

Renee'

With kids I always do a test patch a day or so before the actual makeup will be on for a long period of time. Clean her "T" zone: forehead, nose and chin with a mild astringent like seabreeze or witchhazel and let her run around the house with the whiteface just on the forehead. After a few hours remove the makeup with a cream remover and check for irritation. The commercial whiteface sold at stores is fine unless the child has allergies.

Application: CLEANSE THE FACE WITH MILD ASTRINGENT VERY IMPORTANT!

apply the white foundation evenly.

"Set" the foundation with powder.

Application: Using a cotton ball apply a translucent (super light or white) loose powder, load the powder on the cotton ball and press it gently to the areas the have the foundation. Using more powder as needed.

You'll need to tell her to hold her breath as you do this so she does not inhale the loose powder as you are applying it.

Most party stores that sell costumes have a makeup section that has face design books that come with the makeup as well as step by step instruction for application.

Happy Halloween!:D

We bought two Swararovski crystal pieces on a March 2006 Princess cruise (gifts for my mother-in-law). Found out when we got home that she already had one of the pieces. We were able to return it (still in original box, with bill) on our March 2007 cruise with no problem at all. Different ships, even!

We bought two Swararovski crystal pieces on a March 2006 Princess cruise (gifts for my mother-in-law). Found out when we got home that she already had one of the pieces. We were able to return it (still in original box, with bill) on our March 2007 cruise with no problem at all. Different ships, even!

Bought two on 2006 Princess cruise as gifts for mother-in-law. Discovered she already had one once home. Got our money back on 2007 Princess cruise with no problem at all. Still had original packaging and receipt.

Archived