Coral - Emerald deck aft

GloriaF

Is that space on the aft of Emerald deck accessible? We booked a balcony cabin at the end of the hall on the port side. The deck plans show a deck with doors leading to it and I would like to know if we can go there for aft views. All help appreciated! :)

Here are a couple of pictures. One is balcony cabin E-736, as taken from the aft balcony. The other is the Emerald aft balcony, as taken from E-736. The balcony curves around and you can see to the back. People on the aft balcony can also see around to your balcony. There's a door at the end of the hall to get to it. There are aft balconies on a few other decks. I don't remember exactly which ones (it's been over 4 years since our Coral cruise).

FYI - had we known about the aft balconies on the Coral, we would have booked an inside room. We could have saved $600/pp and still had a great view of the canal!

651077522_CoralE-736.jpg.ca2d87272f4a1ec8373391e7112f00ee.jpg

1645793717_CoralE-aftbalcony.jpg.dd21d1e073c674716bc2b50fd77f7c1f.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone

I have been reading all the postings and I am even more excited than usual as I look forward to this trip.

This trip is really special for me as my friend and I are travelling with my daughter and son-in-law. He has joined cruise critic as Rochele, a Brit and his Canadian wife. We will be celebrating my daughters birthday and their 18th wedding anniversary. Nice excuse for a cruise don't you think?

Don't worry about "the kids" dragging along the "Old Gal" on these special occasions. I really am a 'busy gal' and they have trouble keeping up with me.

As a Canuck I thank you all for the Thanks Giving Greetings and wish all our American friends a Happy Thanks Giving.

Busygal

• 5 years later...
here are a couple of pictures. One is balcony cabin e-736, as taken from the aft balcony. The other is the emerald aft balcony, as taken from e-736. The balcony curves around and you can see to the back. People on the aft balcony can also see around to your balcony. There's a door at the end of the hall to get to it. There are aft balconies on a few other decks. I don't remember exactly which ones (it's been over 4 years since our coral cruise).

Fyi - had we known about the aft balconies on the coral, we would have booked an inside room. We could have saved $600/pp and still had a great view of the canal!

thank you so much for the pictures....we just booked this room for alaska this summer!

Hi , we have been on the Coral twice recently , both times Emerald aft, and once thru the Panama Canal , great place to view the transit, and once Alaska Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier viewing both really nice place , not busy and good viewing . Have a great time on your cruise.

Cori

The aft decks on Baja and Caribe decks are wider than the one on Emerald with more deck loungers. On Colo Cruiser's photo you can see some employees out on Emerald deck. Go up 2 and 3 decks and you'll see the larger decks on Baja and Caribe. They are great places to relax, they were never crowded. Here's a picture I took on Baja deck aft:

8649517226_0be78b3515_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Edited by Jasperdo

The aft decks on Baja and Caribe decks are wider than the one on Emerald with more deck loungers. On Colo Cruiser's photo you can see some employees out on Emerald deck. Go up 2 and 3 decks and you'll see the larger decks on Baja and Caribe. They are great places to relax, they were never crowded. Here's a picture I took on Baja deck aft:

8649517226_0be78b3515_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

I booked an inside aft cabin....so this is where you will find me having my coffee in the morning. NICE!!