Serenade back-to-back cruise (two questions)

petesweet

1. We are looking at a b2b on Serenade (13-night Alaska and then 15-night Hawaii). We also are booking in the same cabin. I should have asked the rep. this question when we booked. I know we don't have to pack and remove our suitcases, but do we have to remove OURSELVES between cruises?

2. Are there laundry facilities on the Serenade?

First time doing this b2b, but I couldn't resist it since we already had the Hawaii portion booked and now see a coupon for the Alaska portion. We hate the flights to cruise ports, so this will fulfill two dreams for me with one flight arrangement.

1. We are looking at a b2b on Serenade (13-night Alaska and then 15-night Hawaii). We also are booking in the same cabin. I should have asked the rep. this question when we booked. I know we don't have to pack and remove our suitcases, but do we have to remove OURSELVES between cruises?

2. Are there laundry facilities on the Serenade?

First time doing this b2b, but I couldn't resist it since we already had the Hawaii portion booked and now see a coupon for the Alaska portion. We hate the flights to cruise ports, so this will fulfill two dreams for me with one flight arrangement.

During the first cruise you will receive a paper telling you the procedure, you will have to present yourselves somewhere that turnaround day and I have seen reports it is off the ship and others on the ship.

There are no laundry facilities on any RCCL ship but there is a laundry service. You are really going to need to completely different kinds of clothes. We just did Alaska and it was layers, layers, layers as the key.

It sounds like a fantastic experience on one of my favorite ships.

Thanks. Glad to know you like that ship. I researched it, and it sounded nice. We had discussed a b2b, but I had no idea it would cover two of my dreams as well as knock out one of my most unfavorite flight schedules!

I had considered the two types of clothing. Seems that I won't have to do much laundry except for underwear. I can pack winter stuff and summer stuff in two separate suitcases. Best of both worlds.

Going to have to change my countdown clocks!

Thanks. Glad to know you like that ship. I researched it, and it sounded nice. We had discussed a b2b, but I had no idea it would cover two of my dreams as well as knock out one of my most unfavorite flight schedules!

I had considered the two types of clothing. Seems that I won't have to do much laundry except for underwear. I can pack winter stuff and summer stuff in two separate suitcases. Best of both worlds.

Going to have to change my countdown clocks!

I can't tell you how unbelievably jealous I am, if you want to see some pictures click on the link in my signature.

I just did the same thing on the Radiance, a 14 Alaska, and then a 15 day Hawaii, we had the same cabin, and I too packed for the two different cruises. We did not have to present ourselves on the turn around day, we were in Los Angelos, and we received our new Seapass cards in our cabin the night before and a slip saying we were doing the b2b if we wanted to leave the ship, in LA.

It was a great cruise and experience, I am sure you will have a great time, any other questions please ask.

As far as laundry, we just sent some jeans and heavy things to the laundry, and the socks and underwear just washed some out in the sink.

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=Ballantyne+Pier++%4049.287067,-123.088759&geocode=&q=category:+Laundries+Self+Service&f=l&dq=ballantyne+pier&ie=UTF8&hl=en&cd=2&ei=eQ8VR4jrOI6QiwGpwYzYCg&ll=49.280068,-123.08876&spn=0.023237,0.079823&z=14&om=1

we were staying at the Pan Pacific and I cabbed it to a laundromat on Davie (there are a couple near each other...) there is a google map with ballantyne and some laundries...i was bored!!! i guess a cab would be about 10 bucks each way....so it might be cheaper to send it out....(i paid 7 from the Pan Pacific, and walked back...it was a really nice day, and i didn't have much stuff...had it in a little rolling backpack....!)

have fun..there were quite a few people on our cruise that did the b2b (we were only a 7 day alaska, then it was i guess a 14 night hawaii....)

Great information. Thanks, all.

If anyone has Vancouver hotel recommendation (inexpensive), would welcome that. Also transport information to port.

Take a cab if flying into Vancouver airport. It was around $35Cdn including tip so was much cheaper than RC bus transfer since there were four of us going to ballantyne pier.

There are lots of hotels near the airport that have free shuttle service so just do a web search.

We stayed at the Radisson Presidential Hotel at the Vancouver. It was a beautiful hotel with a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then we took a taxi to the port for $40. I got the hotel for 75$ on Priceline.

Archived