Comfort Suites-North Bergen-Good/Bad???

ChefPeg

Hi,

DH and I are sailing out of Bayonne in April. We are looking for a safe, clean and comfortable hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise without breaking the bank, lol.

Currently we have reservations at the Comfort Suites in North Bergen. They offer a shuttle to NYC for 10.00pp RT. They very reasonably priced.

I was wondering if this is a good hotel. Should I keep looking for a better place to stay? We are driving so we won't need to stay near the airport.

Thanks for any information and/or suggestions.

Peggy

Hi,

DH and I are sailing out of Bayonne in April. We are looking for a safe, clean and comfortable hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise without breaking the bank, lol.

Currently we have reservations at the Comfort Suites in North Bergen. They offer a shuttle to NYC for 10.00pp RT. They very reasonably priced.

I was wondering if this is a good hotel. Should I keep looking for a better place to stay? We are driving so we won't need to stay near the airport.

Thanks for any information and/or suggestions.

Peggy

It's right on 1 & 9, which makes it noisy. There is truck parking and my drivers stay there. Not a bad hotel according to my drivers. But there is NOTHING around for food without a car. Traffic is pretty heavy in this area-there are numerous jug handles on 1 & 9 and walking most anyplace is not really an option.

I would question the $10.00 shuttle into NYC. The toll through the tunnel alone is $6.00, not counting wear, tear, gas and drivers wage. Just too cheap for NJ all the way into Manhattan. Are you sure they didn't mean a shuttle to either the bus or the ferry to NYC??? The Sheraton Meadowlands, which is not very far away (off 495/95) has $10.00 shuttle, but it is to the bus or ferry stop.

If I had my choice, I would bid Priceline-Meadowlands/Rutherford area, 3* for less than $100.00. You most likely will get either the Sheraton Meadowlands or Renaissance. I frequently bid this area, 3* and 99% of the time get the Sheraton for under $100.00.

I would question the $10.00 shuttle into NYC. The toll through the tunnel alone is $6.00, not counting wear, tear, gas and drivers wage. Just too cheap for NJ all the way into Manhattan. Are you sure they didn't mean a shuttle to either the bus or the ferry to NYC??? The Sheraton Meadowlands, which is not very far away (off 495/95) has $10.00 shuttle, but it is to the bus or ferry stop.

Me too. Are you sure it isn't to a public transportation stop? I'd call the hotel. If it is for in and out of Manhattan, that is a fantastic deal and I'd jump all over it.

Thanks for all the comments but I'm not really concerned about the shuttle to NYC.

Does anyone know about the accomodations? The area? That's what I am inquiring about.

I will have my car with me so the ride to and from NYC is not a problem. DH has driven in NYC before so that is not an issue. I only mentioned it because it was an added amenity.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for all the comments but I'm not really concerned about the shuttle to NYC.

Does anyone know about the accomodations? The area? That's what I am inquiring about.

I will have my car with me so the ride to and from NYC is not a problem. DH has driven in NYC before so that is not an issue. I only mentioned it because it was an added amenity.

Thanks again!!

if you look at trip advisor, some travelers have posted candid photos.....might give you an idea.:p

if you look at trip advisor, some travelers have posted candid photos.....might give you an idea.:p

Thanks, I did look on trip advisor and orbitz for reviews. I thought I would ask everyone on Cruise Critic since the information here is pretty good and there are some really nice people who are very helpful and I know I can trust them.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!!

I posted about the area. 1 & 9/Tonnelle Ave is a main truck thorofare North and South through New Jersey. There is truck traffic on the road all night. It will be noisy and getting onto and off of 1 & 9 to leave the motel will NOT be the easiest thing to do. There are also quite a few groups that stay there, as it is one of the few places where there is parking large enough for semis and buses. And please do not be taken in by the distances to different places. It may be only 2 miles to Manhattan, but it is a 1/2 hour drive in a car. 2 miles is across the river in a boat.

My employees don't complain about anything there except no place to eat. But the property is not particularly upscale. More lower middle of the road, Comfort Inn/Econo Lodge type property. It is in a very industrial area.

You most likely will NOT want drive your car into NYC. Parking is over $50.00 per day.

Please take a look at the Sheraton Meadowlands. I stay there frequently and as I posted previously, it is usually available on Priceline for under $100.00. And it has a large parking lot, the bus stop to NYC is very close and there is a hotel shuttle to the train station. There is NOTHING wrong with Comfort Suites, but I just feel you may be happier at the Sheraton or Renaissance (3* on Priceline, Meadowlands/Rutherford area..

Archived