I miss it!!!

lovetocruise08

Checking in here daily helps me get through to the next cruise. Check out your roll call or if there isn't one started, then start one yourself! That is a great way to connect with fellow CCers that might be on your ship.

I also do a lot of research, both at the library and on the Internet to find out as much as I can about where we are headed. Folks here are always ready to lend a hand with suggestions and hints.

You come to the right place!!!!

Charlie

I just went on my second cruise and I feel like I'm addicted! I miss it so much and I am already counting down the days til my next one. Is there anything out there or any advise ya'll have to help me survive the time til my next one??!?!?

Think about how you feel today and take comfort in knowing that it will get worse. :eek:

When you say cruise decorations, what do you mean exactly? We have light houses, ships, and nautical 'stuff' all over the place. Or did you mean from a particular line? We also have things that we've brought back from various cruises that always trigger a memory or two.

One of my favorite books is a coffee table book called "Five Days to Honolulu" - sailing aboard the Lurlaine.(I think that's the name of the ship). We picked it up at a nautical store in SF and it is a wonderful way to recapture the days when cruising was for a select few. I even used it as a basis for a murder/mystery musical that was in turn produced by a local group.

One year we even did a recreation of the last meal served aboard the Titanic. We have a friend who's a culinary educator and we got a bunch of his kids together and with the help of the cookbook ""Last Meal Aboard the Titanic" we replicated the event as best we could. Even did a cut of the Captain so folk could have their photo taken with him. Hey, when you're between cruises, you have to get creative!

Charlie

We had one of those just before our last cruise, but anytime is fun! You might check to see if you can find any old cruise cook books - we have them from Princess, Carnival and The Titanic one - and then try a recipe of two out of them. Or do a cruise theme potluck and have folks bring dishes patterend after their favorites on board. You can easily cut out some little horses and have horse races, play bingo or have cruise triva games. You need any help or ideas, let me know - I'm a theme party plannin' fool.

Charlie

Whats kinds of crazy fun things has everyone done to remind them of the cruise and get them through til the next one?

I'm thinking bout having a cruise party!! :)

We looked up Yellow Bird recipes, my personal favs onboard, we made those and Bahama Mamas,, and served them in our Labadee cups,and Swoozie glasses. DH bought Red Stripe, CARIB, Corona too. I cooked exclusively from the two RCCL cookbooks bought while on the Mariner.

We played Buffett and Ken Chesney, and Beach Boys music . We enlarged MANY cruise pictures , and hung them (thanks Walmart).

Oh and we rented a HOT TUB ...In February, in Ontario, in Canada. IN THE SNOW !!

Suddenly it seemed warmer here and our April cruise didn't seen so far away.:p

Whats kinds of crazy fun things has everyone done to remind them of the cruise and get them through til the next one?

I'm thinking bout having a cruise party!! :)

We had a "bon voyage" party. Hung the bon voyage decorations all around our pool deck, played Caribbean music, wore our flowered "island" shirts and sipped our drinks out of Carnival souvenir glasses

Archived