Grand Central to JFK

emdia43

Is there an easy way to get from Grand Central to JFK by train? Looks like it entails some changes.

Would it be easier to get a direct bus service or shuttle?

You take the train to Jamaica station and charge for the Airtran. There is no

direct connection. There are buses you and you can check at http://www.panynj.gov for Kennedy airport ground transportation. A cab cost $45.00 plus tolls and tip...without luggage its not that bad.

You take the train to Jamaica station and charge for the Airtran. There is no

direct connection. There are buses you and you can check at www.panynj.gov for Kennedy airport ground transportation. A cab cost $45.00 plus tolls and tip...without luggage its not that bad.

I realized this was poorly written so I am rewriting. Yes there are buses I am not sure exactly where they leave from. Please check the website above which has more information.

Personally if there is more than one of you take a cab if you have luggage. The trains are doable only with light luggage. The buses are easier with luggage although you may want to take a cab from Grand Central to where ever the bus leaves from...and by the time you do that and pay for the bus it will only be a few dollars more for a cab. The subway to the airtram may be the fastest way during rush hour.

The only trains that service Jamaica (which the Air Train originates from) are the LIRR and the subway.

The money for a cab is nothing compared to the agita in trying to get to JFK by train from Grand Central.

Is there an easy way to get from Grand Central to JFK by train? Looks like it entails some changes.

Would it be easier to get a direct bus service or shuttle?

The most direct way of getting between Grand Central Terminal and J.F. Kennedy Airport is New York Airport Service. http://www.nyairportservice.com

Otherwise, you would have to take multiple subways and either a local bus or AirTrain. Among the routes possible are taking the no. 7 train from Grand Central to 74th Street, change there for the E train to Sutphin Blvd., change there for AirTrain to JFK.

The money for a cab is nothing compared to the agita in trying to get to JFK by train from Grand Central.

I respectfully disagree!

Have you ever sat in a car on the Van Wyck when traffic was hardly moving???

If you choose subway/AirTrain here's how...

#7 train from Grand Central to 74th Street/Broadway (free transfer to...)

E train from 74th Street/Broadway to Sutphin Blvd.

Pick up the Air Train there to JFK.

If it's a bad traffic day, this will definitely be your quickest and cheapest option.

I have never taken the train to the plane out to JFK. It is not direct. I wouldn't mind doing it if I had only a carry on piece of luggage but I would imagine it's a pain in the butt with cruise luggage. A BIG HEAVY pain in the butt. :eek:

Archived