special sale for veterans and their families

honeydog714

I am not a veteran so it doesn't apply to me but figured I would pass it on, I just got an email from my TA that Carnival is going to give special rates next month to veterans and their families of up to three cabins. Figured someone may be able to use it :) Blake

I am not a veteran so it doesn't apply to me but figured I would pass it on, I just got an email from my TA that Carnival is going to give special rates next month to veterans and their families of up to three cabins. Figured someone may be able to use it :) Blake

Is this for new bookings only, or can they be for already booked?

I would think it has to be new bookings the email said it was going to be in November in honor of veterans day on 3-12 day sailings, rates were starting really low- under 200.00 and my TA was offering a gift.

OK, thanks what a great way to say thank you.

I think in most cases they pretty much will give the new rates even to previously booked cruises. Pretty much have to --- or one could simply cancel the cruise they have booked and rebook it. I would ck with TA or PVP before I assume otherwise. Additionally in some cases they will offer OBCs for the difference - if there is one.

GR

I think in most cases they pretty much will give the new rates even to previously booked cruises. Pretty much have to --- or one could simply cancel the cruise they have booked and rebook it. I would ck with TA or PVP before I assume otherwise. Additionally in some cases they will offer OBCs for the difference - if there is one.

GR

Im sure most would do that with most deals if you could. In the fine print of all the promotions, it states you cant cancel and rebook the same cruise. They would have a record of all your booking transactions.

my pvp told me today that it will be next month

Yes...but the entire month? Just a day or two within the month?

When it is going on I want to be sure and contact our PVP and see if there is a drop in the military rates on either of the cruises we currently have booked on military rate.

Hey....if they give an extra discount in honor of Veteran's Day, and we could get that in the form of an OBC, that would be great!!!!

I'm on the Glory next year and have a 9A booked with the Military rate......I have two other cabins booked. I called my Carnival guy last night (he's a GREAT cvs so I stick with him), anyway first thing off in the conversation he wished me a GREAT cruise this weekend. We then talked about the F n F rate.......he said it would be for the whole month of Nov. He said he would call me on the 1st to see about the changes to the F and F rate for my other 2 cabins.

I've used it before, after I booked the cabins. The first time I tried to get a promotion added, I was told (new bookings only)....so I called back to ask for a supervisor. That's when this CVS asked what the problem was to see if he could do anything about it. I told/asked him......."as a past guest, why should I be penalized for booking a cruise far in advance? When I booked I was told that there were no promotions running and that I could get them if any became available. Some Joe can call up and get better deals just because I wanted to book early to lock in specific cabins?"

Within a minute, he had the rates changed. He's been booking cabins and adjusting rates for me ever since. He knows what I want out of my cruise, and works to get it for me.

It is for active, retired, vet, just need to send them a copy of your DD214

or Military ID.

Good deal - As I said, I have my cabin booked with the military rate. We've booked military for all our Carnival cruises. I just know in the past they only offered the F&F to active. Hope they expand it again this time around.

In looking at the press release posted to this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=647212 it will only work for Active and Retired - not vets. Also it states new bookings - but we all know that the squeezy wheel gets the grease - so if you have booked extra cabins then "insist" that you not be penalized for booking early and that the discount be honor for those who plan ahead.

In looking at the press release posted to this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=647212 it will only work for Active and Retired - not vets. Also it states new bookings - but we all know that the squeezy wheel gets the grease - so if you have booked extra cabins then "insist" that you not be penalized for booking early and that the discount be honor for those who plan ahead.

I tell them that when I book........"I'm booking when there are no specials running and expect to recieve them if they become available........I won't be penalized for being a past guest who plans ahead to get specific cabins"

Archived