special sale for veterans and their families

honeydog714

Carnival has recognized vets for years. We just got off the Miracle CTN and got the military rate even though we booked last minute. Carnival only had inside rates left so we booked inside. They upgraded us to a balcony! Carnival is the best!!!!! Now trying to get my dad his DD-214. He served in the Merchant Marines during WW II and is entitled to the honorable discharge but every time we mail the paperwork we get it back saying that mailbox is no longer active. We recently contacted the Assembly in Albany-hoping for some good info. If any CC'er has information, please share. Dad's just turned 80 and celebrated his 60th Anniversary with Mom-we all cruised. I would like them to be able to enjoy the honor he earned-as well as get the Carnival discount. :D

Not true!

We have always booked the F&F and DH is a Vet.

We've never had the need in the past to use the F&F. My DH is a retired Navy man and we've only sailed with other military so never had to use it. Figure if we ever needed 2 cabins I could use my vet status. The trip in September we already have 3 cabins booked - possibly a 4th - so it would be nice if we could use it for vet. The article didn't sound like they were going to give to vets.

Carnival has recognized retired and active for as long as we have been cruising - with our first in 1999.

In what way will the November Vet discount for cruises that will be offered, be different from the normal Vet discounts being offered by Carnival? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

When they do the Friends and Family it allows not only the vets cabin the military discount but additional cabins - depending on the sale can be up to 3 more. So if the sale is up to 3 more you get all 4 cabins at the military rate off of one persons military status.

In looking at another thread that posted the actually press release it looks like they may not be extending the offer to vets this time - only active and retired. Sometimes they do - sometimes they don't. It doesn't hurt to ask and if you don't get the answer you're looking for the first time wait a hile and call back - you're almost guaranteed a different answer. If not - oh well.

Carnival has recognized vets for years. We just got off the Miracle CTN and got the military rate even though we booked last minute. Carnival only had inside rates left so we booked inside. They upgraded us to a balcony! Carnival is the best!!!!! Now trying to get my dad his DD-214. He served in the Merchant Marines during WW II and is entitled to the honorable discharge but every time we mail the paperwork we get it back saying that mailbox is no longer active. We recently contacted the Assembly in Albany-hoping for some good info. If any CC'er has information, please share. Dad's just turned 80 and celebrated his 60th Anniversary with Mom-we all cruised. I would like them to be able to enjoy the honor he earned-as well as get the Carnival discount. :D

Smiling Cruiser,

My husband is in recruiting, and as far as getting forms like the DD-214, sometimes a recruiter can help. Find a local recruiter and maybe they can help your dad get that piece of paper he needs. good luck and happy cruising.

Seems to me if it were in celebration on Veteran's Day they would have to let Vets. use it or it would be well just rude!

Carnival Cruise Lines' Veteran's Day Promotion Provides Discounted Rates to Military Personnel and Their Familiesspacer.gif10/19/2007 spacer.gifMIAMI (October 19, 2007) – In honor of Veteran’s Day, Carnival Cruise Lines is offering a promotion throughout the month of November that allows active and retired military personnel to book up to three “Fun Ship” staterooms for themselves and their friends and family members at special discounted rates, starting at low as $189 per person.

Reservations must be made between Nov. 1-30, 2007, to qualify for this promotion, which is available in conjunction with a wide range of three- to 12-day “Fun Ship” departures through Dec. 31, 2008.

Rates start at $189 per person for three-day cruises from Miami, Fla., and four-day cruises from Long Beach, Calif.; $249 per person for five-day cruises from Mobile, Ala., and Jacksonville, Fla.; $279 per person for four and five day cruises from San Diego, Calif.; and $399 per person for seven-day cruises from Miami.

“Veteran’s Day is a time that our country honors the sacrifice and service of our military personnel and Carnival is doing its part by providing exceptionally attractive rates to our men and women in uniform,” said Vicki Freed, senior vice president sales and guest services.

The promotion is valid for individual bookings only, capacity controlled and not applicable with any other discount offer. Fare code CPM1 must be requested during the reservations process and military personnel must provide proof of service. Certain other restrictions apply.

Carnival is the world’s most popular cruise line, with a fleet of 22 “Fun Ships” operating three- to 16-day voyages to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, the Greek Isles and South America. The line currently has three new ships scheduled for delivery between now and 2011

Archived