a new cruise director....

hug

we just returned home from a week cruising on the Legend with captain Karlo Buer, cruise Director Eric De Gray and assistant cruise director Preston Coe. There is no DJ anymore. The line returned to a CD and one ACD. There is a band, Oasis, a singing couple with the band, a duo for pre-and after dinner music and a classical guitarist for the sun lounge.

Eric De Gray will leave the Legend for the Pride. From today Preston Coe is the new cruise director on the Legend, with a new ACD, Sara Watson, form the UK. Eric stays on the Legend for another 10 days as an advisor to help Preston in his first days as Cruise Director.

In the food departement the new menus were introduced with 14 new dishes. Luka returns to the Legend as maitre 'd just before the crossing...

BTW, the cruise was fantastic ! We were very lucky with the weather...

Hug

What about Marcel? I hope he will be an ACD.

My sentiments exactly!

I thought Marcel as DJ afterhours at the Skybar was an enhancement. He didn't take away from the traditional entertainment in the Club - more like a welcome break from it! Hopefully Seabourn will offer this extra choice on future warm weather cruises as the Skybar at night used to be a lonely place.

johnny

Is this effective immediately? I'd love to see him on my cruise! Now if only we could kidnap Luca......

Jane :)

I don't know the exact date - He stays another 10 days on the Legend, take then a short break before going to the Pride...

Hug

My sentiments exactly!

I thought Marcel as DJ afterhours at the Skybar was an enhancement. He didn't take away from the traditional entertainment in the Club - more like a welcome break from it! Hopefully Seabourn will offer this extra choice on future warm weather cruises as the Skybar at night used to be a lonely place.

johnny

I wholeheartedly agree.

Hug,

How about a clue as to what some of the new dishes were?????

I don't know all the 14 new dishes, because they are not 'marked' on the menu. This was our second cruise with Seabourn, so I am not yet this way familiar with the menus.

However, I spoke with the chef, Willy, who told me all this. I have eaten certainly one of the new dishes, a tuna-fisch, quickly fried on both sides, it was very good !

Eating was always very nice and, to my impression, light, but perhaps it is because we really like fish...?

Presentation from the dishes on the plate was excellent.

I hope you can enjoy soon..

Hug

Hug,

I'll be on the crossing in two weeks so will certainly be enjoying soon. Thanks.

With the numbers of CC members on this Legend crossing, I am expecting posts that will equal 'Gone With The Wind'.

I can give you my posts right now.

Got up late, had a delicious breakfast in the suite, read for awhile, mingled, went to trivia, had a delicious lunch, read for awhile, sat in the sun, went to tea, mingled, had drinks in the club, had a delicious dinner with old and new friends, mingled, had a drink in the club, SET MY CLOCK BACK AN HOUR, went to bed, slept like a baby.

Any minor variations will be filled in later.

I can give you my posts right now.

Got up late, had a delicious breakfast in the suite, read for awhile, mingled, went to trivia, had a delicious lunch, read for awhile, sat in the sun, went to tea, mingled, had drinks in the club, had a delicious dinner with old and new friends, mingled, had a drink in the club, SET MY CLOCK BACK AN HOUR, went to bed, slept like a baby.

Any minor variations will be filled in later.

TEE HEE... are we clones?????

Hi hug, we were on the cruise with you when Preston was announced as cruise director. I wish we had met you or maybe we did??!! The weather was nice but that one night the rocking was horrible. Did it not bother you? Otherwise, the cruise was perfect and Preston sure is a talented fellow!! We enjoyed him immensely!

Hi hug, we were on the cruise with you when Preston was announced as cruise director. I wish we had met you or maybe we did??!! The weather was nice but that one night the rocking was horrible. Did it not bother you? Otherwise, the cruise was perfect and Preston sure is a talented fellow!! We enjoyed him immensely!

Hi Djaaay,

we were indeed very lucky with the weather. I slept well during the "turbulent night" between Sicily and Malta. After that night we were again very lucky. Remember that, when we left Malta, the captain announced bad weather again, but the wind turned to the stern and we had a very smooth sailing to Sousse. When we arrived there in the morning everything was drying up from the heavy rain and thunderstorms they had the previous day and night. We went to the souks that day and spoke to several local people: a few houses were destroyed and 4 people were killed during the night !

Perhaps we met .... on the sky bar ???

We wish Preston all the best in his new job !

Hug

Archived