Photo Credit

septrack

Noticed on another thread that some people have had success turning in their free photo vouchers/wine etc for OBC at the pursers desk.

What I hate about the free photo is it says "candid shot". Anyone had success using those for a free portrait photo instead.

We have 2 free candid photos this Nov on our cruise and sure would prefer portraits to pics w/ pirates, or dinner shots with a table of dirty dishes.

TIA

Mark

You can not "trade", but what we did is turn in our photo credit to our account, then bought the photo we wanted.

Isn't that strange that they wont allow that, since if I remember they cost the same for all types of pics. $20 I beleive.

Anyway thanks for your response.

I know...., but I think I remember it had to do with paperwork. The photo shop are "contract players" and have to do things by the book. The don't have the authority to just trade something out. Anyway, it worked for us. And, we found out about it from the photo people. They suggested it, saying it would just be easier for them.

Isn't that strange that they wont allow that, since if I remember they cost the same for all types of pics. $20 I beleive.

Anyway thanks for your response.

We are just off the Crown and the prices were:

8x10 Portraits $24.95

8x10 Candids $19.95

Smaller Candids $12.95 (look a bit larger than 5x7)

We bought a few (only because it was hubby's first cruise and our anniversary) and I have the receipt right in front of me.

We had 2 vouchers from our TA for 6 X 8 photos. We tried to turn them in at the purser's desk for credit and they wouldn't allow it. Nor did the photo shop allow them to be applied to the price of an 8 x 10 and allow us to pay the difference. However on the final evening others were successful in paying the difference between the 2 size pictures. This was on the Coral a couple of weeks ago.

John and Renee, In another thread you mentioned that you were in A751 on your recent cruise on the Crown. I will be in that cabin on the 12/1 sailing. How was it? Were the noises that I have been reading about really that bad?

We really liked that cabin, as a matter of fact we will have it again in April '09! I was a bit concerned after reading the posts about noise -- which were attributed to a door used by people accessing the aft adult pool. Note, we were on the Canada/New England itinerary, so the pools were not getting much use (if any). I am a light sleeper and the slightest noise wakes me up. However, we had no issues at all with noise. You will be on a Caribbean itinerary, so the noise issue may crop up. I'd love to hear back from you after your cruise, because the April '09 one we're doing is also Caribbean...so that aspect was in the back of my head when we booked the room again!

Have a great time, it's a really nice cabin and an AWESOME balcony! :)

-- Renée

P.S. -- There are weird pink stains in various locations on the marble in the bathroom...not sure what happened, but we are NOT the guilty party! Maybe it happened during the infamous "tilt" last year!

I'll let you know. The pink stains won't bother me a bit. I am so looking forward to this cruise. I liked HAL very much but I would like to try something different this time around. While the suite may not be as large as the one on HAL, I think there are just more things to do and more food variety on Princess, so I'm really excited.

I'll let you know. The pink stains won't bother me a bit. I am so looking forward to this cruise. I liked HAL very much but I would like to try something different this time around. While the suite may not be as large as the one on HAL, I think there are just more things to do and more food variety on Princess, so I'm really excited.

The pink stains did not bother us, either...was just advising of them. The strange thing was the locations...we could not figure out how it happened. :confused:

Archived