Post your favorite low points foods/menus

misty57

I started WW several years ago when a co-worker began telling me of all of the different foods she could eat on WW. It was fun to tell each other when we found a new food or recipe with low points. WW members have the dining out guides and food companions but a person can't memorize the whole thing, so wouldn't it be great to share new discoveries?

I'll start: the Jello fat free pudding cups are 2 points each- but the sugar free puddings are 1 point. The caramel is very good.:)

My fav snacks are

Hummus w/Zucchini Strips

Apple w/PB

Also I just got this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie

1/2 pd Uncooked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast

1/3 c light butter

1/2 medium onion

1/3 c flour

14 oz ff chicken broth

2/3 c ff milk

30 oz frozen veggies

8 oz Pillsbury Red Fat Crescent

Saute Onions in butter until tender. Salt and Pepper to taste. Add flour and cook until golden brown. Add chicken broth and milk. Boil until thicken, stirring constantly. Add chicken and veggies. Put in a 9x13 baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and press seams together. Place on top of chicken mixture. Cook at 350 for 35-40 min or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.

8 Servings

5pts per serving

I substituted the onions for mushrooms bc DH is allergic. I also cut back the butter. This was so yummy! Making it again this week if it cools off here!

With cooler weather here in October I'm looking for some cool weather recipes like this chicken pot pie. In fact, I was going to make something with Pork Tenderloin but I think I will try this tonight. After being really good all day yesterday we went to Pizza Hut for dinner and had meat lovers hand tossed pizza, Only one slice of a medium pie was 7 points but it was worth it. I just had a veggie salad with 0 point lite Italian dressing with it so I was satisfied.

One other favorite recipe of mine ( my family is tired of it though) is Seafood Fettucine Alfredo.

Cook 4 servings of noodles per package directions

In a separate saucepan heat one Tablespoon of margarine ( I use one T of Spray butter so it doesnt have to melt) with either diced garlic or garlic powder ( I use one t of the powder because my DH doesn't like garlic. What he doesn't know doesn't hurt him! hee hee):p

Stir in 1 T of flour

Whisk in 1 c skim milk

Cook over low heat stirring constantly until sl thickened ( about 2 min)

Add 1/4 c Asaigo or Parmesean grated Cheese ( I use fake Paremesan

and 1/4 c fat free Cream Cheese

Add salt to taste

Heat until well blended.

Add desired seafood such as precooked tail off med size shrimp or scallops

(I precook them before adding to the sauce using the microwave)

Pour over drained noodles

I like this reheated also.

Points- 6 per serving depending on how much seafood you add

Noticed yesteday that WW yogurt is 1 point but Yoplait light is 2 points even though both have 100 cal and 0 fat. WW has some fiber.

Great thread to start. I have lots of recipes that I love and use weekly. I just found the new warm delights mini's that are 150 calories (3 points). They are warm, gooey, chocolate and wonderful. A couple of my favorites are

Meatloaf muffins (2 points per muffin)

1 box stovetop stuffing mix

1 lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef)

1 C. water

1 can rotel tomatoes/green chilis

2 egg whites

1 sm onion chopped

Mix well, press into 12 muffin tins. Top with ketchup if desired. Bake @ 350 for 45-60 minutes (I like them at 60 minutes because they get slightly crispy edges).

Pita pizzas

Pita bread (I get whole wheat pitas that are 1 point each)

2 T. pizza sauce

Canadian bacon - 1 oz

onions

bell peppers

jalapenos

mushrooms

fat free or low fat motz. cheese

The points normally end up about 5 points per pizza but it depends on what toppings you use and of course how little motz. cheese you put on it. But it is much better than 1 piece of pizza from the pizza shop.

Tonight I'm making the Meatloaf muffins. Went grocery shopping yesterday, and found WW bagels ... hadn't seen them in the store for a long time.

Today I also plan to make the peanut butter bars featured on WW website.

Has anyone tried the Laughing Cow light cheese wedges? They are great with wasa crackers . Only one point per wedge.

Have a great week!

The peanut butter bars look good. Write and let us know how they are after you make them. Are they worth 4 points?

I had an amazing loss this week.... 6.2 lbs. It sounds great and I'm happy but it is partially due to a 2.2 lb gain last week due to some meds I was taken off of. But I sure got motivated hearing 6.2 lb loss this week! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fellow WW!

One of my favorite WW soups is the mexican soup....very easy yet sooo delicious!

1 can black beans...rinsed & drained

1 can fat free refried beans

1 lg can (49.5 oz) fat free chicken broth

1 lg can (12.5 oz) 98% fat free white chicken breast

1 can Rotel tomatoes

1 10 oz jar salsa (medium or hot to taste)

1 can kernal corn...drained

Mix all ingredients in a soup pan and simmer 20 minutes, until hot.

Zero points on Core!!

Enjoy!

Debra

Cold weather is finally here and it's time for my favorite WW beef stew recipe. I use a crockpot and start it up before I leave for work at 6am.

2 lb cubed stew beef

2 T flour

1 can beef broth ( not low sodium)

3 (1 lb) packages of mixed frozen veggies

1 can diced tomatoes

1 bay leaf

( the original recipe calls for frozen Italian green beans but I buy the store brand mixed veggies that include green beans)

I put the cubed beef in frozen, cover with flour

Add the other ingredients.

If leaving unattended, cook on low all day

If you can start it out on high and then turn it down to low , stirring severy times after the beef is thawed and separated, then once it is thick and ready to serve, turn the control to keep warm.

Take out the bay leaf before serving

This is really hot so you may need to dish it up and let it cool a little bit before serving.

Points value: 3 for one cup

It makes great leftovers. Serves 12

I Love this recipe on all the time but especially when I'm counting points. I make a big pot on the weekend and keep it in the frig for lunches. Its four points even with the chips and a little cheese.

Sautee a bunch of celery(lots) and onions in the bottom of pot with small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.

In separate container boil 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. After the chicken breast boil chop into small peices and add broth from pot and the chicken into the pot with the celery and onions.

1 can of beef broth

Add 1 container of spicy V 8 juice,

one can mild rotel tomatoes,

one small can of green chillies,

1/4 c of steak sauce,

1/4 c of Worschire sauce

3 Tbsp. Chilli Powder

1 Tbsp. Cumin

Bring to boil and then let simmer for 30 min.

Serve over tortilla chips and with small amount of Monterey Jack cheese on top.

• 4 weeks later...

Turkey Pepperettes - 50 calories each

Quaker Rice Minis

1 cup of grapes

Melba Rounds

Laughing Cow Cheese - Party Cubes

Orville Redenbacher 100 cal microwave popcorn packages

Fat Free Yogurt sweetened with Splenda

Breyer's 100 calorie ice cream sundaes (Cookies & Cream & Chocolate)

I will be starting ww this saturday I am so excited! unfortunately all of your recipes sound yummy but I was just in the hospital for three days and am now on a low sodium diet. That leaves me very little variety for food. I guess the fresh fruits and veggies I can eat are a good thing. I will be on my first cruise this april and am hopeing to drop some weight before we go. Keep those recipes coming! Mimimom:)

I will be starting ww this saturday I am so excited! unfortunately all of your recipes sound yummy but I was just in the hospital for three days and am now on a low sodium diet. That leaves me very little variety for food. I guess the fresh fruits and veggies I can eat are a good thing. I will be on my first cruise this april and am hopeing to drop some weight before we go. Keep those recipes coming! Mimimom:)

Some of the Progresso soups have 45- 50 % less sodium that the regular soups. If you are on a low sodium diet they may still have too much for you .One of them that I have in my pantry has about 350 gms. I love the weight watcher bagels that have 350 gms of Sodium- 2 points toasted with light laughing cow swiss cheese spread ( 1 point) which has 260 grams of Sodium.

One super low in sodium snack I like is strawberries ( fresh or frozen) with redi whip fat free whipped topping ( zero sodium).

Along the same lines- Swiss Miss diet hot cocoa with the redi whip. 150 grams of Sodium.

Some of the Progresso soups have 45- 50 % less sodium that the regular soups. If you are on a low sodium diet they may still have too much for you .One of them that I have in my pantry has about 350 gms. I love the weight watcher bagels that have 350 gms of Sodium- 2 points toasted with light laughing cow swiss cheese spread ( 1 point) which has 260 grams of Sodium.

One super low in sodium snack I like is strawberries ( fresh or frozen) with redi whip fat free whipped topping ( zero sodium).

Along the same lines- Swiss Miss diet hot cocoa with the redi whip. 150 grams of Sodium.

• 3 months later...

I have been very good lately with staying in my point range. The latest low point discoveries include; Murrays Sugar Free Cookies. The chocolate bites have only 70 cal 3g Fat and 3 g Fiber. One point for a nice snack. Broccoli Shrimp Stir Fry- 2 cups of frozen Stir Fry veggies and 3 oz of tail off small frozen shrimp. If you calculate separately only one point; if together- 2 points. It's very filling and easy. I use olive oil cooking spray to coat a very small skillet.

The Jello sugar free pudding cups are one point each, and they now have chocolate mint and banana fudge flavors. The new ww yogurt flavors are excellent as well, especially the Boston Creme Pie.

What are your favorite new finds or discoveries?

• 2 weeks later...

1 c fat free yogurt

1 c crushed ice

1/2 banana

6 large strawberries

put it all in your blender, makes a great breakfast. For those on WW it's 2 fruits and a milk serving and all for 5 points. Some add splenda to sweeten, however I like just the sweetness of the fruit in mine.

One point deserts!

To a package of chocolate cake mix add one can of diet cola. Bake cupcakes as directed on the package.

To white or yellow cake mix add one can of diet lemon-lime soda.

To one package of brownie mix, add one can of pureed black beans.

A friend at work claims these are one point per serving. I've tried the cupcakes, and they're ok.. I think I would rather have a one point ww snack cake, but in a pinch they'll work.

Have you tried the vitatops? They are a bit on the expensive side, but I really like them a lot....especially if you top them with 1/2 C Bryers Free ice cream (French choc. is my fav). It is a 2 point dessert that is like having cake and ice cream....YUMMMY. Some of the Bryers free are 2 points but the French Choc., vanilla and strawberry are all 1 point for 1/2 cup.

I haven't seen the vitatops in the store. I love Bryer's , maybe too much!

I eat alot of strawberries with rediwhip ( no points for one Tablespoon) so just 1 point for 1.5 cups of sliced strawberries. I usually don't add any extra sweeteners but will use splenda or steevia.

I made 4 point pizza tonight.

One half of a whole wheat pita ( sliced lengthwise so you have two circles)

1/4 c pizza sauce ( by itself 0 points but I added all the points together). 8 turkey pepperoni slices,

1/4 c mix of part skim shredded Mozzarella cheese and 2% shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake in 425 degree preheated oven for 4-6 minutes. Yummy! I ate two of them for supper.

I haven't seen the vitatops in the store. I love Bryer's , maybe too much!

I eat alot of strawberries with rediwhip ( no points for one Tablespoon) so just 1 point for 1.5 cups of sliced strawberries. I usually don't add any extra sweeteners but will use splenda or steevia.

I made 4 point pizza tonight.

One half of a whole wheat pita ( sliced lengthwise so you have two circles)

1/4 c pizza sauce ( by itself 0 points but I added all the points together). 8 turkey pepperoni slices,

1/4 c mix of part skim shredded Mozzarella cheese and 2% shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake in 425 degree preheated oven for 4-6 minutes. Yummy! I ate two of them for supper.

Is the 4 points for both of the circles of pita or just one?

I make the pita pizzas a lot. I have found 1 point pita's so I don't split them. They are Joseph's pitas. I also add veggies such as onions, red bell peppers, jalapenos. DH loves them. I have also used Josephs lavash bread for the crust. I bake it in the oven for a few minutes before putting the toppings on so that it gets crispier. Also very good.

Archived