Post your favorite low points foods/menus

misty57

I make the pita pizzas a lot. I have found 1 point pita's so I don't split them. They are Joseph's pitas. I also add veggies such as onions, red bell peppers, jalapenos. DH loves them. I have also used Josephs lavash bread for the crust. I bake it in the oven for a few minutes before putting the toppings on so that it gets crispier. Also very good.

I would add more veggies too but my DH doesn't care for anything extra on his pizza. Do you find the 1 point pitas at a chain grocery? The points for the pitas I have is 2 points for half of the pita so it would be great to have one that didn't have to be split, or to split it and have more to eat:D . I could tolerate pizza without meat, so technically I could make a 2 point pizza if only using 0 point veggies and fat free or low fat cheese.

I have been finding the 1 point pitas at our super Wal Mart. I also know there is another kind (can't remember the name) that is a one pointer that you can find informaion on some of the websites that have all kinds of WW info. If you need the names of the websites pm me and I can give you a few. Sorry...I will try to think of the name of the other 1 point pitas.

Hungry-girl.com

dwlz.com (this is great for restaurants and their menus)

halfmysize.com

angelfire.com

recipecircus.com

calorieking.com (this one is great to find nutritional values of many foods)

The other pita I was trying to remember is made by Western Bagel. They have some really good low point items. I especially like the pitas. Have fun browsing. There is lots of good info available and I'm sure I don't know about all of them. If you find any others let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the Starbucks Mocha Light Frappachino's that come in a 4 pack at the grocery store. I blend them up with some ice. 2 Points. The only problem is I have not be able to find them for the past few weeks around here. They have every flavor except the light! I want them back in stock!!!

It seems that when you find something great it doesn't stay on the shelf for long! I finally found WW chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies. They're one point each. They have been really hard to find so I stock up when I find them!

I LOVE the Starbucks Mocha Light Frappachino's that come in a 4 pack at the grocery store. I blend them up with some ice. 2 Points. The only problem is I have not be able to find them for the past few weeks around here. They have every flavor except the light! I want them back in stock!!!

YUM!!!! That sounds good, I've never seen " light" before, good idea putting them in the blender.

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing WW since January, and just made my goal a couple of weeks ago. I'm already finding that maintenance is just as much work as losing, and I'm having a hard time being OK with not seeing the scale move. Some of my favorite low-points treats are caramel corn rice cakes (1 point), Frigo light string cheese (1 pt), and Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches (2 pts) - yummy!

I've found I can make a decent bean burrito for just 3 points - Smart and Delicious brand small size tortillas have 50 calories and about 7 grams of fiber, so they are a zero point item. Team that with 1/2 cup fat free refried beans (1 pt), 2 TBS fat free cheese (1 pt), 2 TBS salsa (0 pts), and a tablespoon of fat free sour cream (0 pts). The fiber makes it filling enough for a good lunch.

One point deserts!

To a package of chocolate cake mix add one can of diet cola. Bake cupcakes as directed on the package.

To white or yellow cake mix add one can of diet lemon-lime soda.

To one package of brownie mix, add one can of pureed black beans.

A friend at work claims these are one point per serving. I've tried the cupcakes, and they're ok.. I think I would rather have a one point ww snack cake, but in a pinch they'll work.

Another one...to a package of spice or chocolate cake mix add one can of pumpkin. It takes a while to mix, but well worth the effort. I serve with fat free whipped cream!

Another one...to a package of spice or chocolate cake mix add one can of pumpkin. It takes a while to mix, but well worth the effort. I serve with fat free whipped cream!

The spice cake with pumpkin sounds good. I wonder if you could use unsweetened applesauce too? I made the brownies with the beans and it really was pretty good. The texture was very good and I think if I didn't know there were black beans in it I would think they were regular brownies. By the way, how many servings do you get from the cake mix and pumpkin recipe?

The spice cake with pumpkin sounds good. I wonder if you could use unsweetened applesauce too? I made the brownies with the beans and it really was pretty good. The texture was very good and I think if I didn't know there were black beans in it I would think they were regular brownies. By the way, how many servings do you get from the cake mix and pumpkin recipe?

I add the spice mix and can of pumpkin, make it in 24 mini muffin pans and it is 1 point each. (You can also make 12 regular sized muffins for 2 points each).

I tried this this week. I was able to eat only one and my DH and DS ate the rest ! They were very good. I did add a little water to the batter but I thought they were a better texture than the cupcakes with diet soda.

I was thinking about how some of the weight watcher type recipies call for some ingredients which are either difficult to find in a common supermarket, are expensive, or they require such a small amount that the rest goes to waste. I like to make recipes that use common ingredients that I have on hand or I can use in other recipes. One thing that I like to make is in the Weight Watchers cook book... sweet brown bread. It's simple and only one point per slice. It calls for 1/2 c low fat buttermilk. I rarely use buttermilk at any other time and the container goes bad before I use it again. I have solved that problem however, I found powdered buttermilk. You add it to the dry ingredients and then add water. No more spoiled milk and I always have it on hand! Anyone one else have any tips for ingredients or substitutes?

My fav is a chocolate cake mix, stir in one can of pumpkin. I usually add a tiny bit of water to help it mix easier. These are 1pt, and OHHH sooo good!!!!

I know! isn't it a great discovery? It actually makes it a healthy ( or at least healthier:D ) snack with the pumpkin. I found that if I don't use some water the recipe doesn't make 24 cupcakes and the texture is a little dry.

I tried this this week. I was able to eat only one and my DH and DS ate the rest ! They were very good. I did add a little water to the batter but I thought they were a better texture than the cupcakes with diet soda.

I was thinking about how some of the weight watcher type recipies call for some ingredients which are either difficult to find in a common supermarket, are expensive, or they require such a small amount that the rest goes to waste. I like to make recipes that use common ingredients that I have on hand or I can use in other recipes. One thing that I like to make is in the Weight Watchers cook book... sweet brown bread. It's simple and only one point per slice. It calls for 1/2 c low fat buttermilk. I rarely use buttermilk at any other time and the container goes bad before I use it again. I have solved that problem however, I found powdered buttermilk. You add it to the dry ingredients and then add water. No more spoiled milk and I always have it on hand! Anyone one else have any tips for ingredients or substitutes?

You can make " Buttermilk" by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of vinegar to the amount of milk you need. and wait 5 minutes. Basically buttermilk is a fancy term for sour milk.

• 2 weeks later...

I started WW 1 week ago. I have enjoyed reading all of your suggestions. Thanks so much for this post. We are leaving on Liberty of the Seas on 7/5, so will be taking a week off! Hope to be ready for the next cruise!

I started WW 1 week ago. I have enjoyed reading all of your suggestions. Thanks so much for this post. We are leaving on Liberty of the Seas on 7/5, so will be taking a week off! Hope to be ready for the next cruise!

I think one of the things I enjoy most about WW is sharing ideas with others about great finds and unique recipes. Have fun on Liberty. I wish we were leaving sooner than January.:p

You can make " Buttermilk" by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of vinegar to the amount of milk you need. and wait 5 minutes. Basically buttermilk is a fancy term for sour milk.

I know.. but I think it gives a better flavor than just milk with vinegar ( which I have used alot before in other recipes), JMHO.

Just an incidental finding today while grocery shopping.. Shake and Bake has only 35 cal and 0.5 gm of fat per serving! I have all these recipes for baked "fried" chicken using different kinds of crumb coatings, when all along the easier thing in the world is OK to use. I tried the parmesan cheese flavor with pork loin chops tonight. Oh my they were so good!

Archived