No more dry cleaning on CB

HunEBear

My husband and I returned from a 2-week cruise yesterday on the Caribbean Princess and wanted to share this information. We are "Elite" Captain Circle members and had taken advantage of the free dry cleaning last summer on the CB and were surprised to learn that the dry cleaning wasn't available (free or otherwise) at all anymore. Luckily DH had gotten his tux dry cleaned before leaving home.

I thought that dry cleaning was not available on any Princess ship just laundering services?? Pressing etc. :confused:

Dry Cleaning is not available on ships like the Tahitian Princess. But the larger ships and Sun Class ships do have dry cleaning facilities.

Now that is interesting, it was available in late August on the CB. I wonder if maybe they just had a problem with the dry cleaning machines and hadn't gotten them repaired yet?

Our room steward was the one that told us that dry cleaning had "recently" been discontinued on the CB - I hope that he was incorrect. I wish now that we had confirmed his information with the Pursers Office. Harriet

Hmmm, that is VERY interesting. I am sailing on the CB this Sunday and I am counting on dry cleaning services. (I should say my boyfriend is as he gets his tuxedo shirt drycleaned in between formal nights.) I wonder if I should tell him to pack two 'just in case.'

Of course if that is true you can just bet that suddenly I will be spilling things on my clothes left and right; just because I can't get them cleaned.

Toto2kansas said: "Dry Cleaning is not available on ships like the Tahitian Princess. But the larger ships and Sun Class ships do have dry cleaning facilities."

Not to be a whiner...........but what are passengers doing on extended cruises for dry cleaning, i.e., 2008 Pacific Princess World Cruise, and 2009 Tahitian and Royal World Cruises??:confused:

Toto2kansas said: "Dry Cleaning is not available on ships like the Tahitian Princess. But the larger ships and Sun Class ships do have dry cleaning facilities."

Not to be a whiner...........but what are passengers doing on extended cruises for dry cleaning, i.e., 2008 Pacific Princess World Cruise, and 2009 Tahitian and Royal World Cruises??:confused:

Good question. :)

I have absolutely no idea. But I know that on the TP, there is none offered at all, and the machines weren't broke, they just do not offer it.

Toto2kansas said:

Just picked up our Cruise Docs for the Royal Princess this afternoon.

Had our TA call Princess.

Was told that laundry and dry cleaning are available on the Royal.

Looks like they'll just have to hang the garment over a cahir on the verandah and let the moist air smooth out the wrinkles.:rolleyes:

Looks like they'll just have to hang the garment over a chair on the verandah and let the moist air smooth out the wrinkles.:rolleyes:

Looks like they'll just have to hang the garment over a chair on the verandah and let the moist air smooth out the wrinkles.:rolleyes:

Just picked up our Cruise Docs for the Royal Princess this afternoon.

Had our TA call Princess.

Was told that laundry and dry cleaning are available on the Royal.

Unless something different has happened, the Royal, same ship as Pacific and Tahitian, will NOT have dry cleaning. Laundry, yes. Dry cleaning, no. Better to do a search and ask someone who has already sailed on the Royal.

Pia

Unless something different has happened, the Royal, same ship as Pacific and Tahitian, will NOT have dry cleaning. Laundry, yes. Dry cleaning, no. Better to do a search and ask someone who has already sailed on the Royal.

Pia

Pia, was dry cleaning available on the Diamond? I wonder if it will eventually be phased out of all the ships.

Pia, was dry cleaning available on the Diamond? I wonder if it will eventually be phased out of all the ships.

Yes it was, Lynda. (see my post from last night). Hubby's jeans came back beautifully cleaned and pressed. If they had washed them, I guarantee he wouldn't have had anything to wear on the flight home. :D

Pia

AGREED!!! Beware if you send things to be laundered!! They may come back smaller -- and it will not be because of the food on your cruise!! :D :D

That happened to me on the Golden in March. I sent 3 pair of pants and they washed and dried them. I complained immediately to the purser's desk and they paid me off on the spot; $40/per. They didn't want me to file a report and they didn't want to either. Must have had a reason. Thankfully this happened at the end of the cruise or I would have really been in trouble.

Pia

Had 6 garments ruined on the Island in April. They washed them when instructions clearly said dry clean. We reported it right away and we had to take it up with Princess when we returned home. I had to fight hard with Princess to get reimbursed.

We just got off the Royal and there is defnitely NO dry cleaning available.

Archived