A little irritated with CVP & need to vent!!

DreDay

Let me begin by saying I love carnival BUT after just getting off the phone with them, I am a little irrititated. We are cruising Jan on our 4th cruise and we are all past guests. Well, my mom & dad's passports came in today and there names show differently on the passports then they do on their birth certificates so I called to make the necessary changes.

Coincidentally, the final payment is also due today. My CVP is not in today so I spoke with someone else. I began to explain that I was calling to make final payments for our reservations and that before I did that I needed to make the name changes for my mom and dad. She explained to me that I would be charged $50 for each name change since they were to have been done by yesterday. She said per their policies any changes made after final payment date are assessed a charge. She said she would ask a manager if they would waive the $50 x 2 charges for me, just this one time. She put me on hold for a bit and then came back and said that after discussing with the manager he said it was my responsibility to read my guest confirmations and follow the terms and conditions and since I had not done that he would not waive the fees.

I pulled up the guest confirmations from email and it says that CHANGES made within 60 days of sailing will be assessed a service charge. It also says that any CANCELLATIONS made after 10/21/2007 will be assessed appropriate penalties. I explained to her that I did read the terms and conditions and I was asking for a change not a cancellation. And since we are 75 days away from sailing, I didn't see how I should be charged the penalty. I was in mid-sentance when she abruptly put me on hold for another bit. She came back and asked for my Mom and Dad's name per their passports and said the changes would be made.

By this time I was ticked, and asked her if her if she would put the manager on the phone so that I could ask him if he decided to read the guest confirmation and obide by the terms and conditions of it!! She did not put him on the phone but explained that since my tickets had not been printed they would not assess the charges. :confused: :confused:

Will this ruin my vacation? Heck no? Will it make me not crusie Carnival again? No Way!!! Does it make me feel better to vent this here??? YOU KNOW IT!!!

I got off the phone today with my PVP. She is sweet, but seems to not know much. I am always teaching her stuff. I called to ask her if I can get the OBC that is being offered on 2008 cruises and she couldnt find that I could get it.

I said yes I know I have a OBC from owning the stock, but I dont see why that prevents me from getting it from booking a 2008 cruise. She said she didnt even know you could get OBC from owning stock, how did I do it and I told her I emailed but you could fax or snail mail etc.

I guess the fact she gave my friend bad info about insurance is no surprise. She is sweet but sure doesnt know much about Carnival cruising. You would think a PVP would know about the stock credit huh?

Oh my gosh, I don't blame you for being peeved!! I would have been fuming. Normally, when you think of "name changes" you think of replacing someone in the cabin with another person, in other words, "passenger changes".

I just changed cabins on a cruise were taking in a couple of weeks. Of course they don't complain about changing a ressie if it makes them MORE money, right? But if they are just doing it for the customers convenience, they have to give you a hard time about it? The tickets weren't even printed yet, besides!

Grrrrrr.

Let me begin by saying I love carnival BUT after just getting off the phone with them, I am a little irrititated. We are cruising Jan on our 4th cruise and we are all past guests. Well, my mom & dad's passports came in today and there names show differently on the passports then they do on their birth certificates so I called to make the necessary changes.

Coincidentally, the final payment is also due today. My CVP is not in today so I spoke with someone else. I began to explain that I was calling to make final payments for our reservations and that before I did that I needed to make the name changes for my mom and dad. She explained to me that I would be charged $50 for each name change since they were to have been done by yesterday. She said per their policies any changes made after final payment date are assessed a charge. She said she would ask a manager if they would waive the $50 x 2 charges for me, just this one time. She put me on hold for a bit and then came back and said that after discussing with the manager he said it was my responsibility to read my guest confirmations and follow the terms and conditions and since I had not done that he would not waive the fees.

I pulled up the guest confirmations from email and it says that CHANGES made within 60 days of sailing will be assessed a service charge. It also says that any CANCELLATIONS made after 10/21/2007 will be assessed appropriate penalties. I explained to her that I did read the terms and conditions and I was asking for a change not a cancellation. And since we are 75 days away from sailing, I didn't see how I should be charged the penalty. I was in mid-sentance when she abruptly put me on hold for another bit. She came back and asked for my Mom and Dad's name per their passports and said the changes would be made.

By this time I was ticked, and asked her if her if she would put the manager on the phone so that I could ask him if he decided to read the guest confirmation and obide by the terms and conditions of it!! She did not put him on the phone but explained that since my tickets had not been printed they would not assess the charges. :confused: :confused:

Will this ruin my vacation? Heck no? Will it make me not crusie Carnival again? No Way!!! Does it make me feel better to vent this here??? YOU KNOW IT!!!

I had to make a name change as well happened to me and had to pay the $50.00 charge. Didnt ruin my cruise either.

Firefly -- I love it when I know more than the CVP!! Oh wait, that isn't very often:rolleyes: . I better cruise more to sharpen my knowledge!!!:D :D

Glama -- I was definatley mad for a minute!! It's just irritating to me that it's seems to be a different "policy" for each person you talk to.

Thanks for letting me vent!!

Archived