cash for seapass

hlv71

I know I read this before but how does it work if we want to pay cash for our Seapass charges? Do we put a certain amount down then they let us know when we need more? If we decide to use our debit card at the end can we?

A friend I am cruising with set her seapass account up as a debit card but wanted to know if she could also do cash.

Our TA said this was allowed just go to the desk and let me know whenever you want to start using cash. You put cash down first i believe and then spend it. when it runs out you can add more.

The easiest way is to link your credit card to your seapass account--that way, you don't have to put any cash "down". Then, at the end of your cruise, take your cash and pay it off, if you don't want to put it on your credit card. I think you have to put at least $200.00 on the seapass account if you want to do the cash route. The other way is easier! They don't actually charge the card until the end of the cruise.

Everyone on here always has said if you are going to use cash on your SeaPass account, you have to give them a certain amount of cash ($200 is the amount most often mentioned) when you board.

The first cruise on which I required my kids to pay their own SeaPass accounts, my daughter had a credit card, but my son didn't. I made him withdraw $200 from the bank and take it with us. He put the cash down, and at the end of the cruise, when he had spent nothing (amazing how much less they spend when THEIR money is on the line! ;)), he got it back from the Purser's Desk.

The second cruise, we found out that he didn't have to give them a cent. When we checked in, he said that he'd be using cash. Then when we boarded, we did NOT give any cash at the desk. No one cared. He charged a few things, then went to the Purser's Desk the last night and paid the total.

Maybe it differs from ship to ship, but he did NOT have to show any money to use this method.

:)

YMMV

The easiest way is to link your credit card to your seapass account--that way, you don't have to put any cash "down". Then, at the end of your cruise, take your cash and pay it off, if you don't want to put it on your credit card. I think you have to put at least $200.00 on the seapass account if you want to do the cash route. The other way is easier! They don't actually charge the card until the end of the cruise.

Not everyone has a credit card, amazing as that may be. :)

We link the Sea Pass to our credit card, and then settle the account with cash at the Purser's desk on the last night of the cruise. I think this is the easiest way of handling it, assuming you have a credit card. We do this at hotels too. We like having everything paid for at the time of service so that we don't receive CC bills for the trip several weeks later.

It is very easy to use cash! Go to the pusers desk when you arrive and put down the amount you want to. You can check every night on the TV how much has been spent and what is left. You may add more when you want and you will get what is left at the end. Just go back to the pursers desk and settle your account on the last day. Good Luck!!

Archived