Self Assist/Debarkation

jmb4534

I have done self assist many times in Mobile when getting off the Holiday. I am usually in my vehicle by 8:00am once I was pulling out at 7:45am. It all depends on how long the customs officials take when they board the ship. They have some checks they have to do before passengers can start disembarking.

I was at the same port as OP, Port Everglades, but was on the Caribbean princess that I arrived at the airport before 8 a.m. and that was including waiting to take the Princess transportation which folks will tell you takes longer because you have to wait for the bus to fill up.

....at Port Everglades OP should have no trouble since the ships usually dock around 7 a.m.

I wouldn't use self assist for a 1:40 from MIA.

I wouldn't use self assist for an 11:30 from FLL, if that's where the ship debarked.

I hate self assist, and would only use it if I had a flight before 10:30am.

Just got off the LIberty in Fort Lauderdale and a lot of passengers did the self-assist, this is that your able to carry all your own luggage off the ship, they started this at 7:15 Sunday morning and finished by 8:15. This is great is you have an early flight. They also use zones now instead of the color coded tags. We had zone 1 and were off the ship by 8:30.

How exactly does self assist work? Do you have to "sign up" for it earlier in the cruise, or do you just keep your bags with you and walk off the ship when they call for the self assist passengers?

No need to sign up, just keep your bags in your cabin with you, and walk off the next morning when called.

On some the bigger ships self assist can be a mess depending on how many passengers decide to use it. We just got off the Liberty and it was mass confusion. They allow self asst to disembark from deck 0 but then at a certain point they close deck 0 to move the gangway to deck 3 to proceed with the rest of the disembarkation. The problem is not all the self assist passengers were off the ship and they had to get back to deck 3. The CD should have announced that they were going to only open self assist for a limited time. The hallways became a mess and like I said confusion started.

Archived