What would think about a time share

Margate Cruiser

Turning one of the triplets into a time share in two or three week segment. With Seabourn doing the management. Convert to 2 room suites. No apartments that include cooking just two rooms. One for sleeping the other a living room den with sleep sofa for the kids or guests.

Any other ideas could be added. I just thought it's a feasible idea. What are your comments

There are a host of reasons why it just isn't practical and the economic and management models are all out there establishing it won't work.

First, timesharing contemplates Seabourn/Carnival giving up ownership essentially to a committee of wealthy, strong-willed, individuals - with individual expectations, travel demands, etc. - whom they would then be blessed with managing. They would never consider this unless there was big bucks for them...and then it would be by selling off an asset that is making them money...which they probably never would consider. (BTW, that is not to say each person's will and demands are unreasonable; just that they will obviously conflict with each others.)

Second, other than the expectation is that the buy-in and operating/management fees would be that it would cost less than normal cruising, but that is a false expectation. The idea of reducing passengers by 50% starts putting the costs into the thousands a day to hopefully have the ship where you want it during the week you want it.

There are many other issues, as well. In brief, what you are referring to is something which is repeatedly tried and failed in the Superyacht industry.

The only sort of successful ship doing anything even close is The World and that is a purpose built ship which is much larger and has personal apartments.

In short, I just don't think it is practically or economically feasible. Sorry.

By all means, put your offer in and see if they sell one off.

BTW, your model now presupposes Seabourn would sell off a triplet, but your first post assumes Seabourn would want to remain involved. I don't get it. But then again, I don't think either option is worth discussing more. Others may want to.

I don't see Seabourn getting into this type of business either keeping the ship and operating the business or selling the ship only to run this for someone else. Just don't see this fitting into their overall business.

My hope is that even with the new ships coming on board that Seabourn will retain the triplets in their fleet. While many cruisers will want to sail on the newer ships because of all the features that they will offer I still see a large market for those passenger's who want to take a cruise on a relatively small ship.

Keith

Archived