Just back from Liberty of the Seas

We returned on saturday from Liberty of the Seas and had a wonderful trip. Our dinner and room service was the best. Ken Rush was great as usual, we enjoyed the Dancing in the Streets and much more. We loved Freedom (did her last oct) and Liberty is just as good. I would recommend either of them!! Did Portofino's and the service and food was wonderful as usual. No complaints at all on this ship!!:)

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and a safe trip home. We are boarding the Liberty on November 24, 2007 and I'm really looking forward to it. However, I must ask did you smell the stench that everyone is talking about. :eek: Just curious. Thanks.

We returned on saturday from Liberty of the Seas and had a wonderful trip. Our dinner and room service was the best. Ken Rush was great as usual, we enjoyed the Dancing in the Streets and much more. We loved Freedom (did her last oct) and Liberty is just as good. I would recommend either of them!! Did Portofino's and the service and food was wonderful as usual. No complaints at all on this ship!!:)

We loved Liberty as well. I would rate the ice show right at the top of the list.

My one disagreement would be in regard to Ken Rush. We thought he had an "attitude" (in the negative sense) and failed to convey important information regarding the ship (e.g. - would reboarding time be ship's time or local time). We also found his choice of one of the comedian's (a "best friend") to be exteremly poor.

Other than that, the ship is truly great.

Ken Rush is the top CD on RCL. There is a reason for that. He IS the best. For the information on times? Come on. If you want someone to read the cruise compass to you, you should hire someone to do it I guess.

Of course, it's personal opinion, but BECKY THOMPSON is #1 in my book.

As for the cruise compass comment... Yeah they list bingo in the Cruise Compass and then reinforce it at every show. Seems to me that question of local time vs. ship time is a whole lot more important than bingo time:rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time. Did you by chance utilize the Diamond Lounge ? Was wondering who the concierge is as we are sailing on Saturday ,

glenn

We used the Diamond Lounge and received absolute top-notch service. Ricky, the concierge and his two assitants, were there at the drop of a hat. They were friendly, helpful and always refilling the wine glass.

I was on the Freedom of the Seas ( out of Miami) and I promise the majority of the passengers did not speak any English...... There was a hugh amount of people from Venzuela .... Has anyone else ran into this ??? I was so disappointed .... the second night our group went in and sat down at the one of the bars and a couple in front of us.... made a comment of how nice it was to hear someone speaking English.... so we were not the only ones that noticed that English was in the minority..... but if I leave from a US port I sort of expect it to be Americans on board. I have never been around such rude rude rude people.... The ship was great..... the food was great........ the crew was great......... and I prefer Royal Caribbean to any other cruise lines.I know that Royal Caribbean cannot require the passengers to only speak English.... but it does seem to me they ( RCCI ) is giving very large discounts to other countries .... ]

I just got back last week from a Carnival Cruise leaving out of Galveston and did not hear anything but pure Texas coming out of the mouths there...

Yes I am from Texas... My time schedule with my husbands job and my cruise buddies requires we cruise in Aug .... to Nov... and Royal Caribbean out of Texas is not being very cooperative .... I sure wish the Rhapsody would come back....

Yes we still smell bad things at times, usually in the stairwells. I didnt know others had complained about it and we thought it was a fluke thing but - it was there from time to time. Not enough to ruin the cruise. Yes we did use the diamond lounge also and loved it, however there were over 200 diamond people on that cruise and they had to open 2 other rooms so everyone had a place to sit.

Thanks for the responses. I guess it all depends on where you go on the ship that you may encounter the stench or not. I'm just glad that its not so bad that it would ruin the cruise. I have a very weak stomach, so smelling such an odor will ruin my appetite; and I definitely don't want that to happen. I have to get my money worth.:D

You're wrong. According to an International poll conducted by Cruise Director's Weekly, James Andrews IS the best.

Jimmers;)

I agree! He was the best on the Freedom last year - we saw him just before he switched ships. Does anyone know who the director will be on Liberty next Sept?

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Liberty....We are leaving tomorrow. I can't wait!!!:D

So Ken is our CD......I wondered if he would still be on when we cruised!!

We gave him a time :eek: last Oct on the Freedom, hope he doesn't remember me!! LOL!!

Well, in earlier threads, many people were coming back talking about a sort of raw sewage smell, or just some sort of sour smell. They also said that the staff was ignoring the odor, acting as if it wasn't there. So being that I'm going to board pretty soon I was kind of nervous about that. Hopefully it won't be they when we get there, and definitely not when you board in April.:)

Ken mentioned he might move to Independence when it comes out but he wasnt sure yet. The smell is like raw sewage, like i said we smelled it in the stairwells, not in our room. We were on the 10th floor, but smelled it on the lower levels.

We just returned yesterday from the Liberty, WONDERfULL CRUISE!!

Yes we did notice the smell but only on the outer deck behind the rock wall near a little corridor area, otherwise no smell anywhere else. It was not a overpowering smell and since we were outside it was easy to avoid the area.

This is not something that will spoil your cruise!!

Service was top notch and crew was friendly and went out of their way to make us happy. Food was good, not excellent, wish they would change the menues as we have had nearly the same ones for 3 cruises now.

We did western and RCI needs to drop Montego Bay- dirty, dumpy port.

The beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept on while cruising!

Bev

Archived