Just got approved....

klfhngr

Earn Royal PointsSM with every qualifying purchase you make - points that add up to onboard credits, stateroom upgrades and even free cruise vacations.§ Use it for everyday purchases, and earn one Royal Point for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend. And earn double Royal Points for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend with Royal Caribbean International®.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do;jsessionid=0000xNj-0XErh42xiK7QChADDD2:12hdhu93n?cS=NAVBAR

Shoot, if I booked a cruise but have not made a deposit yet, should I cancel then book again once I get my card?? I just noticed that you get $150 off a cruise?!

Does that mean you lose out on 150 Royal Points though? Or even 300 if it is a "qualified" purchase! There always is a catch :mad:

Shoot, if I booked a cruise but have not made a deposit yet, should I cancel then book again once I get my card?? I just noticed that you get $150 off a cruise?!

Or you can get $150 OBC with it...I wouldnt cancel over the card. Its not as if you will never take another cruise?

I wouldn't cancel. The price of the cruise may have gone up, you may lose your room, etc. Instead use the 15,000 points you will get after you make your first purchase for an onboard credit.

What type (if any) of an upgrade can 15,000 Royal Points get you?

Here's the deal: Going on a cruise in April, I applied last week and was notified that I have a $50,000 line with them, I don't have the card yet but I booked the other day. I still haven't put a deposit down. Will I get ALL of the following? Do I have to rebook to get the $150 off?? Also, I currently have an ocean view, should I book an inside (because of the 'free' upgrade to ocean view)?? Help please!!

$150 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

$150 cruise discount off any ship itinerary

Upgrade on a 5 to 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two, September-May (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Onboard Grand Romance Package - This package includes a bottle of champagne, a fresh bouquet of flowers, two robes, canapés, breakfast in bed, and a portrait.

Upgrade on a 5 to 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two, September-May (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

5,000 $50 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases ie: Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc. (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

On board amenity (choice of one)

Two Royal Caribbean International robes.

Mumm Cordon Rouge and Strawberries.

Upgrade, on a 3 or 4 night Bahamas or Baja sailing for two, (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Royal Packet - includes 2 Royal Caribbean International towels, 2 disposable cameras, and 2 messenger bags.

Royal Wear - includes 2 Royal Caribbean International Polo Shirts and 2 baseball caps.

15,000 $150 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

$150 cruise discount off any ship itinerary

Onboard Grand Romance Package - This package includes a bottle of champagne, a fresh bouquet of flowers, two robes, canapés, breakfast in bed, and a portrait.

25,000 $250 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e. Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned).

Upgrade on a 5 or 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for 2, June–August (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Free companion fare on a 3 or 4-night Bahamas or Baja sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

50,000 $500 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned).

$500 Cruise Discount off any ship itinerary.

Upgrade on a 5 to 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two (oceanview stateroom to minimum available balcony stateroom, excluding suites).*

Upgrade on a 9 to 12 night Caribbean sailing for two (oceanview stateroom to minimum available balcony stateroom, excluding suites).*

Upgrade on a 7 night Alaska sailing for two (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Upgrade on a 7 to 12 night European sailing for two (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Free 3 to 4 night Bahamas or Baja sailing for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

75,000 Upgrade on a 7 night European sailing for two (balcony stateroom to a junior suite).*

Upgrade on a 7 night Alaska sailing for two (balcony stateroom to a junior suite).*

Free companion fare on a 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

125,000 Free companion fare on a 7 night Caribbean sailing (minimum available balcony stateroom excluding suites).*

Free companion fare on a 7 night Alaska sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Free companion fare on a 9 to 12 night Caribbean sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

150,000 Free 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

250,000 Free 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two(minimum available balcony stateroom).*

Free 9 to 12 night Caribbean sailing for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Free companion fare on a 12 night European sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Free 7 night Alaska sailing for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Upgrades, free companion fares, and free cruises may not be combined. All rewards, with the exception of Royal Packet and/or Royal Wear items, can be redeemed for cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships. Terms and restrictions apply to availability of rewards. See Program Rules for details.

Here's the deal: Going on a cruise in April, I applied last week and was notified that I have a $50,000 line with them, I don't have the card yet but I booked the other day. I still haven't put a deposit down. Will I get ALL of the following? Do I have to rebook to get the $150 off?? Also, I currently have an ocean view, should I book an inside (because of the 'free' upgrade to ocean view)?? Help please!!

If you haven't gotten the card yet, then you haven't made your first purchase yet so you haven't gotten the 15,000 points yet. You won't get those until your first statement on the card which may be a month or more from now.

If you cancel your cruise in the hopes of rebooking, what happens if the price goes up by more than the $150 discount, or even worse it sells out.

I think you are better off planning on using it for the onboard credit or if you want the Romance package, buying the romance package.

Also one note, if you booked the cruise but didn't put a deposit down, the hold usually only lasts for 24 hours. You need to make sure that you still have a reservation.

If you haven't gotten the card yet, then you haven't made your first purchase yet so you haven't gotten the 15,000 points yet. You won't get those until your first statement on the card which may be a month or more from now.

If you cancel your cruise in the hopes of rebooking, what happens if the price goes up by more than the $150 discount, or even worse it sells out.

I think you are better off planning on using it for the onboard credit or if you want the Romance package, buying the romance package.

Also one note, if you booked the cruise but didn't put a deposit down, the hold usually only lasts for 24 hours. You need to make sure that you still have a reservation.

I have a group, deposit not due till Nov. 8.... Do all get ALL of those things or just pick one, I guess that's my question....

Since you are booked on a group cruise, if you decide to opt for the $150 discount or the upgrade, contact your TA and make sure you can do it with the group cruise. Sometimes if you are booked in a group cruise you are restricted in what kind of discounts you can get and whether upgrades are available.

for the RCCL Credit Card, what good does that do me? Serious question....

Well if you save your points you will soon qualify for a free cruise. SOme people can not wait that long, they send for their $50 certificates soon as they can. I fugre if I did that I won't even remember what the heck I did with 5o bucks. But if I save the points and get a free cruise, well that is one thing I will remember for a long, long time.

Annieeee

Where do you all go to get the 15,000 points with the first purchase. The application I received onboard the FOS last week says you get 5,000 points with the first purchase.

Bottom left hand corner of the front page of RCCL's website.

What good is it?!!!!!!!!

I just charged my new Harley Davidson Softtail on my RC card. Got 20k points that I will put toward a future cruise. I charge everything on it, including groceries. You just gotta remember to pay it off before they attach interest to it. Good deal.

Jimmers:)

Alas, Canucks like me aren't eligible for the RC card as RCI would have to give us 1.03 times the points. Brits are even less welcome these days at 2.06. And those French and Germans at 1.43...

Happily we are all still welcome on the cruise itself, which is the best part... ;)

Alas, Canucks like me aren't eligible for the RC card as RCI would have to give us 1.03 times the points. Brits are even less welcome these days at 2.06. And those French and Germans at 1.43...

Happily we are all still welcome on the cruise itself, which is the best part... ;)

And we're glad to have you aboard. But that's not the reason RCI doesn't allow you to have the card since even when your currency was less than the US dollar you couldn't get it. Right?.

But now if you book your cruises in US dollars it would seem you could get a small discount. And if the Brits could do that, what a deal they could get for their pound.

I would imagine Canadian Tourism is going to start feeling the pinch as the US dollar buys less and less there. I understand the UK is really getting hammered.

At 2.06 I can see why.

Jimmers:)

Archived