Carnival Valor Secrets (Lessons Learned)

Aloha_Cruisers

My wife and I are getting excited for our (1st) cruise. We've been going through GOOGLE for the last month reading reviews and so forth, but I'm interested in other VALOR riders inputs on any good tips, secrets, lessons learned that you can share with some new riders.

Thanks for your help.

I came off the Valor just a week ago, and have one tip. Always remember that decks 5 and 9 go all the way through. I understand this is a common layout for Carnival, but the Lincoln dining room and galley interupt the flow of the ship. So for example, you are trying to get to the Invanhoe theater and run into the Lincoln you can cut through (If no meal is being served) or you go up, over, and back down. After about the 3rd day we realized that you had to pick a floor to move around on it shoudl be 5 or 9.

I have only been on 4 cruises and have to say that the host staff was the best. Chris the cruise director is the most down to earth one I've met, he came off very natural and not staged. Becka the Asst Director was the most polished ACD I've seen, if this is important to you.

I think that is about it, we had a blast so enjoy!!!

Just got off today. Have to agree with K&DW about Chris Jefferson the CD. He was incredibly personable. Funny story about Becka. There was a guest on board that was on his 37th cruise. He's one of those guys that is always "on" (do you know what I mean?). Anyhow, the entertainment staff had a Q&A yesterday. The guest on his 37th cruise had a question, and Becka leaned over to Chris and said "Oh no, not this ***** again." It wasn't in the mic, but I heard her. Oops.

Back on topic - A few things - you'll be sailing from the new Miami terminal. When they start to board, there will be a rush of people; it isn't very orderly. Be prepared to wait in line a lot during embarkation and debarkation. Customs at Miami has become very stringent. Because of the new terminal, you will be assessed a $1.28 per person charge on your sail & sign. Cornhole tournament is very popular. If you want to play, get there early. Scarlett's is phenomenal - don't miss it - well worth the $30. Aft pool has a sliding dome if it rains. There are plenty of chairs available on deck - chair hogging is not necessary.

I wrote a very detailed review about my cruise. Check it out.

Was on the Valor in Sept and LOVED It ! We did the Eastern, and I booked the Western for next year. Plenty of good food, service was great, enjoyed the entertainment.

Our ship was at full capacity, and we never felt that lines were long. I would say, DO NOT USE THEIR RAZORS ( if you are a woman ), did, and cut my legs to shreds:mad: . On our cruise the past guest party was at five , on a port day, so we missed it, and would have liked to have gone, but the excursion didn't get back until almost 5, so we didn't have time to shower/ change .

Scarletts was great ! Overall had a superb time. I am sure you will too!:D

Enjoy!:)

I see a lot of posts about the Conquest class ships (including the Valor) and the deck arrangements. A PP indicated that only decks 5 & 9 go all the way through. That's not accurate.

Decks 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 go all the way through the ship. And deck 3 has an exterior deck that goes at least most of the way back, I've just never gone that way so I don't know if there is a door leading from this deck into the aft elevators.

• 11 years later...