princess web site...what's up or should I say down?

rjnaz

looks like princess in their devine wisdom changed their web site....can't seem to open or look for cabin selection on their deck plans...used to show all cabins on each deck so you can select a certain cabin:p ....guess I'll have to sleep in the lifeboat again......

Well, I went to the ships section and chose to look at the decks and the WEB site did not pop up the picture of the decks as it use to. Maybe IT is still working on the server side and has not uploaded all the links for people to browse through via the Internet.

Now the WEB pages at their site are pretty slow to load up.

Patience I keep telling myself.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• <LI id=causeNotConnected>You are not connected to the Internet. <LI id=causeSiteProblem>The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

• <LI id=errorExpl2>Internet connectivity has been lost. <LI id=errorExpl3>The website is temporarily unavailable. <LI id=errorExpl4>The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. <LI id=errorExpl5>The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.

To view subscribed feeds

1. Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

1. <LI id=viewRecentWebpages2>Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
  2. Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Yoou have to use the little slide thingy see the full deck.

Or to put another way, put your curser on the highlighted portion of the deck and move your curser to either side, and the detail view of the deck will change appropriately as you move your curser.

Other than that the website seems to operating just fine as of 5 min. ago when I went in to check a booking, etc.

And I do like it the old way better - when I could see the entire deck, not just a portion of it at a time.

Sometimes progress is not always forward.:o

To change decks look up, there is a pull down that says 'select a deck', just click on the deck you want to view.

To view difference sections of a deck, right above the zoom out, zoom in bar, just move the box that is in the middle of the ship to the left or right to see another section of the ship.

Nobody likes change, but come on, give it a chance, don't give up so easily, it really isn't that difficult, just different.

Not the deck view but is anyone else having trouble seeing Web Cam on that new page? I can select which ship I want to see but there doesn't seem to be a button to show it.

Princess aren't letting you e-mail them to know there is a problem they want a phone call so if I get home from work in time tomorrow I'll give that a whirl.

The web cams on Princess on my computer are a pop up now. Once I select the ship, it automatically pops up in a different screen without hitting anything. And I have to disable the bar at the top either one time or from now on to view it. Check the bar that shows at the top of your screen and see if that might help.

I wonder if anyone else is having the problem I've having with the new web site. None of the links to My Princess and Cruise Personalizer work now. I tried on both my home and work computers, with different service providers. I called Princess, but the rep was pretty strikingly unhelpful, having great trouble understanding the problem, then saying that there are no web site problems she knows of, and that I could try again later. Observations or advice?

Both the old and the new Princess websites leave a lot to be desired!

I have been looking at several cruise line websites trying to decide which ship to book for Alaska next year. The HAL website is great, with videos of different destinations and ships. Another thing I couldn't find on the Princess site is a simple grid showing the sailing schedule for each ship..where the ship is at various times of the year. I also can't make the webcams work; no "button" to click or instructions. Hopefully, this is a work in progress, and will result is a sorely needed improved website.

I find the new deck plan display(s) excellent. It's easy to use if you're at all familiar with Mapquest, Google Earth or Wikipedia's maps (similar to Google's).

If you play with it, you will probably learn to like the varous views available. You can slide, zoom and move port to starboard and fore to aft. My grandson would say "it's way cool". Only drawback is smallish size, but they have to include a lot of other information on the same page.

Except for an occasional hangup, I haven't experienced any problems with Cruise Personalizer or the booking sections. Given a little time, the ITs should get rid of the stutters.

I think, overall, the revamped web site is much better than the old.

Props to the Princess ITs for their work.:)

Archived