Refund for transfer not used

smurfette101

Being newbies, we purchased transfers from our travel agent from the Miami airport to the port. I just called Carnival and asked if it could be refunded, and they said yes just do it at the pier, they will credit your sign and sail account. Does anyone have any idea when I do this? When I am checking in?

Does anyone know the cost of the transfers?

Did you have to ask about it? Where did you do this? When you were checking in?

I called and they had me mail them in with my booking number and a letter requesting a refund for the unused transfers, to their main office attention research. but my booking was direct, meaning i dont know if your ta had you booked on carnival transfers or another transfer company.

Interesting. Everything I've ever read says that the transfers are nonrefundable. :confused:

Princess transfers our TA told us the same thing and Princess is owned by Carnival. We were told flat out, not refundable, period.

Interesting, the TA was wrong, imagine that?

Princess transfers our TA told us the same thing and Princess is owned by Carnival. We were told flat out, not refundable, period.

Don't know if Carnival will or won't refund, DO KNOW that trying to apply one cruise line rule to another cruise line will end in problems. They each run their own policies.

Dan

You have to understand this from the TA's point of view.

The TA could be perfectly correct that the cruise line's stated policy is that unused transfers are non-refundable.

At the same time it also can be perfectly correct that the cruise line regularly ignores their own stated policies and does whatever they darn well please.

This drives TAs nuts. You quote chapter and verse on the written policy and then the cruise line makes you look like a dummy. You can't win.

That's good to know.

I've always booked my air through Carnival, but not this time. Our pre-cruise hotel provides a shuttle to the dock, but I was still debating whether to purchase the transfer for our return or whether to just get a taxi.

Does anyone know what the transfer price is, per person, from Port Everglades to the airport? I haven't sailed from FLL before, but I know the airport isn't far away at all. A taxi (for 2) might be cheaper, but since they're metered, it will probably just depend on the traffic.

That's good to know.

I've always booked my air through Carnival, but not this time. Our pre-cruise hotel provides a shuttle to the dock, but I was still debating whether to purchase the transfer for our return or whether to just get a taxi.

Does anyone know what the transfer price is, per person, from Port Everglades to the airport? I haven't sailed from FLL before, but I know the airport isn't far away at all. A taxi (for 2) might be cheaper, but since they're metered, it will probably just depend on the traffic.

p-can is 70 pp round trip, FLL is 60 pp round trip to miami, the cab is a bit more with tip for FLL - some folks just rent a car from mco to p-can - THAT is cheaper

Just a question, have you made final payment yet. If not you can just cancel it.

Fred posted the stated policy. You'd think they would follow it. But, I guess everyone needs to fight every policy if they give in:rolleyes:

Let us know the results please. Newbies are they ones that usually want everything from the lines. Just the smart ones that come here feel comforable doing it on there own.

Being newbies, we purchased transfers from our travel agent from the Miami airport to the port. I just called Carnival and asked if it could be refunded, and they said yes just do it at the pier, they will credit your sign and sail account. Does anyone have any idea when I do this? When I am checking in?

Does anyone know the cost of the transfers?

:) I payed $26.00 for transfers for DW and I, one way.

Archived