How do you find out how many ships will be in port the same time as you are?

wilson9112

Based upon my recent trip the info on cruisecal is an indicator but incomplete. There are a lot of ships out there not under the big umbrella's. We were in Kusadasi and Cruisecal had 2 other ships there that day. In fact there were 4 large ships with over 2000 people each along with 4 or 5 others ranging to about 1000 to 200 people. Our guide told us it was the busiest day of the year for the port. I also chose a day that Cruisecal did not show a ship in Naples to tour the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii on a day trip from Rome when in fact I saw several big ships in port. Pompeii was quite crowded with ship tours. Still a good resource but do not totally rely on it.

Hello,

Use the web to locate the port's government authority, and this will tellyou allof the ships that willbe in port on the day you will be there. For example, the Port of San Diego is the government authority responsible for the operation of San Diego's port. The advantage to this, is that this is an official accounting of the ships due in port.

It is fun to read down the list of ships and the cruise ships are easy to recognize.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Based upon my recent trip the info on cruisecal is an indicator but incomplete. There are a lot of ships out there not under the big umbrella's. We were in Kusadasi and Cruisecal had 2 other ships there that day. In fact there were 4 large ships with over 2000 people each along with 4 or 5 others ranging to about 1000 to 200 people. Our guide told us it was the busiest day of the year for the port. I also chose a day that Cruisecal did not show a ship in Naples to tour the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii on a day trip from Rome when in fact I saw several big ships in port. Pompeii was quite crowded with ship tours. Still a good resource but do not totally rely on it.

Billiam,

I'm the webmaster at CruiseCal. I'm sorry about the site being incorrect. Is there any way you could tell me the Ships or Lines that were in port that I did not show? I am trying to get more lines especially the smaller ones.

Thanks,

Brian

Billiam,

I'm the webmaster at CruiseCal. I'm sorry about the site being incorrect. Is there any way you could tell me the Ships or Lines that were in port that I did not show? I am trying to get more lines especially the smaller ones.

Thanks,

Brian

Thank you for the work you put in to making this site. It is really appreciated by everyone. I frequent it all the time. :)

Hello,

Use the web to locate the port's government authority, and this will tellyou allof the ships that willbe in port on the day you will be there. For example, the Port of San Diego is the government authority responsible for the operation of San Diego's port. The advantage to this, is that this is an official accounting of the ships due in port.

It is fun to read down the list of ships and the cruise ships are easy to recognize.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Fred a lot of the cruise ports do not update their calendars until the very last minute (at least the ones that have websites, not all ports do). For planning purposes, Cruisecal is the best overall website out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived