Cabin Category's on Vision....

klfhngr

Currently we have an Ocean View, has anyone stayed in either a category D1 or JS? I'm thinking of upgrading to one of those, but wonder if it is really worth it. Currently we're in Category I.

If there are only two of you, I would do the D1 (depending the price of what you can afford... of course). The JS on our upcoming Vision cruise are going for $1449 (I think) and for the price of a JS, we got a GS for the 4 of us (we got the 3rd and 4th pax fare at $169...computer glitch;) and as long as I faxed the online quote to RC..they gave us the price of $169 instead of $349). We love the balcony and the Vision (Mexico itinerary), has 3 sea days. So I think you will end up using your balcony.

Good Luck and I am sure you will be happy with whatever cabin you choose. After all...you are cruising!!

I have cruised in a JS on the Vision and in both a D1 and a JS on her twin, the Rhapsody. I've been in an OV on the Splendour (also a Vision Class ship, but not exactly like the Vision.)

We love having balconies, so that's a big deal to us. We do a lot of chilling out when we cruise. If you are on the go all the time and just visit your cabin to change clothes, you'll be fine in the OV. There was a lot of storage and there is a couch to relax on. My last two cruises and my next cruise are all in D1's. There is a bit more room and there is the balcony. You still have to contend with the body hugging shower curtains in a D1. The JS's have bathtubs - nice for long bubble baths. However, the hot tubs can fill that need. The JS is larger with a larger sitting area.

If you think you'll really use the balcony, upgrade. Actually, if you do have a balcony, you may find that you use it even more than you think you will. One of my friends had one for the first time on a recent Alaska cruise and didn't think they'd be out there at all. They will now not cruise without one.

We don't stay in our cabin all the time, but when I AM in there, I want to be comfortable! We prefer the JS, simply because there's acually SPACE to move! And having a tub/shower combo really enlarges the bath area! I vote for the JS! Of course, it's your pocketbook, so.....

Archived