Trip insurance?

travgurl

Should I get insurance through Carnival? If not, I remember people mentioning insuremytrip--what type or level of insurance do you recommend? I want the flight definently covered along with the cruise. Or is there another company I should look up?

We have used insuremytrip.com as a starting point. Have then called the companies directly, and worked thru the companies. Have used Access America around 8 times, and are using TravelGuard for this and next Dec. For April, we got insurance thru the company organizing the group cruise we jumped on. (something called ITI -I Travel Insured) Have (luckily) never had to use the insurance, but it is there if needed. Have heard good and bad about all companies - guess it is up to the individual "problem" that came up. Always get it to cover air, trip canc., med exp., med evac., lost luggage, travel delay, etc. Usually costs us around $230 for a family of 4 (2 teens) Lets me sleep better at night, especially when we usually book 18 months or more in advance, and have pre-existing conditions and an elderly mom to worry about.

I have always used CSA Insurance. I've had 3 claims with them and never had a problem collecting. I was able to collect when others with me couldn't because they had a different insurance company.

If you have to make a claim, be sure to save all your receipts, e-mails and anything to back up your claim.

Example: If you miss your flight home and have to rebook, keep your original ticket and your new ticket they will both have to be sent in.

I went through Insuremytrip and bought Travelex light directly from the company for my last two cruises. I had claims both times the first for a camera $440.00 and the second for an infected blister $1700.00 in the ships medical center. Both times it paid immediately and I am booked for my May cruise on the Freedom with the same company. If you buy the insurance within a certain time of booking the cruise ( 3 weeks I think) they will cover you with no pre-existing conditions. It is a huge worry off me in case something might cause me to miss the cruise or have to be evacuated. I will never cruise without insurance again.

Archived