What is Your Favorite.......

sail7seas

My favourite cruise so far has been around the Tahitian Islands, absolutely beautiful and a perfect 40th anniversary celebration.

My dream cruise is coming true in January, 2006 and that is South America, from Rio via Antartica to Valpariso, something we have always wanted to do, plus an extra cruise around the Galapagos Islands and a visit to Machu Picchu and the Iguazu Falls, an absolutely fantastic trip.

Jennie

I have pretty much enjoyed every port I have been too

Some more than others of course. I would love to return to Gand Cayman, because last time we were there the only parts of the Island we got to see were from where we got off the tender to where we picked up the Sting ray tour boat. But it looked beautiful and would love to go explore it.

i would love to do an Alaska cruise. GF is not crazy about that one. We are both fun in the sun types too, and figure we will do all those types of cruises before we hit Alaska

I loved the Mediterranean - Perfect weather, perfectly gorgeous cathedrals and cities. It was just wonderful all over, and I said when we left there, that I wanted my next home to have palm trees in the yard. A year later we checked out Naples, Florida, and bought a condo with palm trees in the yard. I absolutely love it there!!!

As to the future, well, we have the dream cruise of a lifetime already booked, the world cruise on the Prinsendam in January 2005, with 43 or so ports of call including Australia, NZ, India, China, Thailand, so many places I have only dreamed about, and in a few months we will be on our way. Unbelievable!!

Slinkie

A hard one, on both counts.

I suppose my favorite itinerary from my past HAL cruises would have to be my Northern crossing from Europe aboard the Maasdam in 2000. A very close second would have to be my Hawaii cruise on the Statendam in 2002, which is my all-around favorite HAL cruise (thus far).

As for future itineraries ... gosh, I don't know. This Panama Canal cruise is among my "dream" cruises. I suppose a cruise in the Asian theatre or in the South Pacific would have to be among those I dream the most about these days. Timing and price are the only things that keep me from actally taking one of them right now. In a few years, maybe I'll be able to book one of them.

are transatlantic crossings. This year's was great, round trip Ny to NY, including Norway and the fjords, but last year's through Prince Christian sound in Greenland, was spectacular.

Our current dream is the 62 day Pacific Rim on the Amsterdam, but as it is just about sold out, and our plans are indefinite, we are looking at the Repos from Europe in fall 2005, combined with one of the 10 day med cruises.

Here's hoping.....

GN

Favorite? That would have to be any itinerary that included Antarctica as a port of call (in a manner of speaking). It's a long, hard trip getting there, though.

Realistically, my favorite must be trans-Atlantics as I've done one one-way and two round trips in the last four years. And another round-trip is booked for next year!

Both favorites seem to have icebergs and cold weather in common.

Christmas 2002 - New Years 2003 - 17 nights of bliss on Legend of the Seas - Honolulu, circle Hawaii, then south to Tahiti, Bora Bora and on to New Zealand. Our 25th wedding anniversary gift to each other.

Now this itinerary does sound like bliss!!!!

Marie

Archived