Bringing Duct Tape, what is the purpose?

wilson9112

I little duct tape on both sides of your suitcase and suddenly your luggage has personality. Not too likely anyone other than I would try to claim it. I make duct tape repairs to my brand new luggage. :)

Cindy, no problem about the by-line credit...:)

One thing I should expand on though.... Since the Scouts are not wearing open-toed slings or high heels..:eek: we don't need the clear tape.

When we do have to use the tape for a 'pre-blister event', it is placed directly upon the skin of the heel where the 'heat' is beginning. then the proper socks are placed back over the tape and heel...

So, it's flesh / tape / sock(s) / boot.... Hopefully no blisters...:D

I'll let you know how the flesh/CLEAR tape/ shoe works! I am seriously going to do it. I never want blisters like I got last time.

Here is a question though...at Walmart they had 2 tapes...Duct tape by Scotch brand and they had Duck tape. Jerry says Duck tape is THE duct tape. So that is the one we got. Which is the original? Anyone know?

This last cruise was the first time I have ever packed duct tape. I bought really bright pretty purple duct tape from Walmart. :D I also bought a small roll of bubble wrap. :eek:

While in Cozumel we bought several bottles of liquor to bring home, and of course those stores don't pack your bottles into the handy cardboard carriers like the ship does. So, we wrapped our liquor in bubble wrap and secured with the duct tape. I didn't worry at all about a bottle getting broken in our luggage.

Also, I put strips of the purple duct tape on each piece of our luggage. That made finding our bags in the terminal so much easier. :)

This is not a tip for use while on a cruise but thought it might be useful to someone here.

Another thing duct tape can be use for is warts. If you have one on your finger or toe this will work.

Wrap a piece of duct tape around the finger or toe covering the wart. Leave on for six days then remove for one day. Then reapply more tape. If it is a small, one or two applications will remove it. For a larger one it might take three or four.

This was recommended to me and my daughter by a dermotologist (sp). My daughter had several on her fingers and toes. We tried it and it worked. What it does is traps the wart so it can't breath. Thus killing it. This tip saved her the pain of getting them froze off and I got to keep money in my pocket.

Bringing Duct Tape, what is the purpose?

So you will have it if you need it. I bought a small size of duct tape at this website:

www.minimus.biz

You get two rolls of duct tape 2" x 100 inches for under $4.00

They have items sized especially for the travelers. In fact I found the site after another person here at Cruise Critic dot Com reccommended them.

Clear duct tape - yes, they make it - doesn't show through clothing and is a fabulous bra alternative... but you need to have practice with it or the result is not pretty. In experienced hands, no bra can come close.

Also, bandaids over the sensitive bits are a must.

Removal varies due to one's sensitivity to the adhesive. When in doubt, have a few nightcaps before removal.

I used the clear duct tape on my aubossom (spellled?) rug. This rug I have had about 6 years and it cleans very easily except for the fringe which was nasty, since the newer aubossom rugs don't have fringe, I removed it and put the clear duct tape on edges so it would not ravel and saved myself a cleaning bill. Wool cleans very easily but not that cotton fringe!

Originally Posted by paul929207 viewpost.gif

No self-respecting Southern will ever go anywhere without duct tape and WD40.

Duct tape...

If the part/item is loose, and not supposed to be... TAPE IT!

If the part is not moving, and is supposed to... WD-40!

:D

AND, if you are a Star Wars movie fan... consider this...

Duct Tape is "The Force"...

It's dark on one side... Light on the other..

And holds the Universe together..

Archived