Windjammer variety

TahoeBob

I didn't mind the food in there for lunch, but let me tell you some people are outright disgusting and if you are a vegetarian you really need to be careful. I like the pizzas (well at least the toppings) so I always take a piece of the specialty one like the teriyaki beef or chicken and then just eat what I want. One afternoon this man took a cheese slice and then when it was on his plate took the tongs and started picking off the toppings of the beef pizza. It's a ***n buffet, just take the damn thing. That means anyone after him now has beef on their slice because it was on the tongs. Why do people act like there is a penalty for not cleaning all the food off their plate?

Sorry to read your experiance which is in the minority. However, we all have a right to an opinion & we all have a right to disagree. I suppose that if tray's were supplied there would then be a complaint that there is not an area to place them whilst getting the drink from the machine. Did you not have the waiters constantly going around the tables asking if you required a drink or for your drink to be re-filled?

Actually, no - have never had a waiter come around offering drinks/refills, so, yes, I, too, would love to have a tray! That being said, I prefer the Windjammer for breakfast/lunch - largely because (1) I like to see what I'm getting and (2) I like a BIG salad for lunch.

Sorry to read your experiance which is in the minority. However, we all have a right to an opinion & we all have a right to disagree. I suppose that if tray's were supplied there would then be a complaint that there is not an area to place them whilst getting the drink from the machine. Did you not have the waiters constantly going around the tables asking if you required a drink or for your drink to be re-filled?

Marc

Unfortunately on this ship (AOS), the answer was no. They never came around asking to get you a drink. At least not for us anyway. It always seemed like they were way too busy cleaning up the tables. As far as the trays go, it just makes it easier for people to carry things to their table. I felt like i was constantly getting up and down trying to get silverware, a drink, etc, because I had no where to carry the stuff when I had my plate in my hands wondering who was going to bump into me in the buffet, which also happened alot on this particular cruise due to the unfortunate rude behaviour of many passengers. Trays make it more convenient thats all. It's too bad they had to do away with them.

RCCL is not the only line that has done away with the trays. Princess is one that has also done so.

Also, above we were talking about the cooked tomato at breakfast.

Rick and Deirdra

I couldn't remember if there were grilled tomatoes!

But that reminds me on one other thing I forgot on my list- baked beans!

Cheers,

Actually, no - have never had a waiter come around offering drinks/refills, so, yes, I, too, would love to have a tray! That being said, I prefer the Windjammer for breakfast/lunch - largely because (1) I like to see what I'm getting and (2) I like a BIG salad for lunch.

the only ship we have been on that did NOT have a drink cart or staff person coming around was the Monarch. HOWEVER, it is so cramped that I don't think a drink cart would fit through the tables.

Hi All

I took it that the service would be the same on all the ships. When we sat down the were asking if we would like a drink or more tea, coffee, lemonade etc.

Marc

pretty much as we have seen, except in the WJ. as I posted above, there is barely room for people to walk between the tables, much less a staff person, on the Monarch

As my father would put it, "Some d***ed fools would complain if you hung them with a rotten rope."

Still, I have heard worse complaining.

A true cruise story from a few years back.

First a little bit of a visual - it helps one better "see" the whole thing unfold.

I am a male of average to short height. What I lack in height, I make up for in width (at the shoulders!). My voice is moderate, but tends to a bass when I am tired, ticked off or simply want to insure that I am heard (or to "get someone's attention). While I can't see it, people often say that I tend to be very intimidating (though I really do not try to be - at least not without good reason). Picture a short linebacker/fireplug/tree stump/mafia enforcer. I have been called all these and more (in jest).

After embarcation, I had made my way to chat with the maitre'd to insure that we were at a large table, late seating (more dinner partners makes for better conversations over a cruise). While in line,all the other passengers and I were subjected to a tirade by one particular woman (she was no lady). Nothing was right about the whole ship and crew.

Litterally nothing.

She complained ad nauseam about everything. I do not think the sun could rise to suit her.

At one point in the monologue (no one else was permitted to speak), she made mention that this was a free cruise.

Something in me snapped. I turned, dropped to the deepest bass voice I could muster, used every stage and public speaking technique I knew to maximize my volume and projection (which filled the room and stopped all other conversations), and verbally pounced.

I won't recount the entirety of what I said, but essentially it was to point out that all these other people (with a sweeping geature) paid to be on this cruise and, with the exception of having to listen to her carping, were having a grand time while she, who paid nothing, could only complain incessantly. I went on to note what sheer self-centered gall that took, and stated that it would be perfect justice if there were a mass riot resulting in her being thrown overboard. I finished by making it clear that I had heard all from her I would tolerate.

The applause in the room was thunderous.

She turned several shades, turned quiet, turned on her heels and failed to turn up for the rest of the week.

While I was embarassed that I drew so much attention to myself, I was more incensed at her behavior.

I lost count of the new friends I made at that moment, but I continued to received "thank you"s for the remainder of the week.

I really try and not do such things, but sometimes people deserve to have pointed out to them just how much a fool they are making of themselves.

As my father would put it, "Some d***ed fools would complain if you hung them with a rotten rope."

Still, I have heard worse complaining.

A true cruise story from a few years back.

First a little bit of a visual - it helps one better "see" the whole thing unfold.

I am a male of average to short height. What I lack in height, I make up for in width (at the shoulders!). My voice is moderate, but tends to a bass when I am tired, ticked off or simply want to insure that I am heard (or to "get someone's attention). While I can't see it, people often say that I tend to be very intimidating (though I really do not try to be - at least not without good reason). Picture a short linebacker/fireplug/tree stump/mafia enforcer. I have been called all these and more (in jest).

After embarcation, I had made my way to chat with the maitre'd to insure that we were at a large table, late seating (more dinner partners makes for better conversations over a cruise). While in line,all the other passengers and I were subjected to a tirade by one particular woman (she was no lady). Nothing was right about the whole ship and crew.

Litterally nothing.

She complained ad nauseam about everything. I do not think the sun could rise to suit her.

At one point in the monologue (no one else was permitted to speak), she made mention that this was a free cruise.

Something in me snapped. I turned, dropped to the deepest bass voice I could muster, used every stage and public speaking technique I knew to maximize my volume and projection (which filled the room and stopped all other conversations), and verbally pounced.

I won't recount the entirety of what I said, but essentially it was to point out that all these other people (with a sweeping geature) paid to be on this cruise and, with the exception of having to listen to her carping, were having a grand time while she, who paid nothing, could only complain incessantly. I went on to note what sheer self-centered gall that took, and stated that it would be perfect justice if there were a mass riot resulting in her being thrown overboard. I finished by making it clear that I had heard all from her I would tolerate.

The applause in the room was thunderous.

She turned several shades, turned quiet, turned on her heels and failed to turn up for the rest of the week.

While I was embarassed that I drew so much attention to myself, I was more incensed at her behavior.

I lost count of the new friends I made at that moment, but I continued to received "thank you"s for the remainder of the week.

I really try and not do such things, but sometimes people deserve to have pointed out to them just how much a fool they are making of themselves.

good for you. In my short statured family, we say dynamite comes in small packages!!!!

The interesting thing about CC, to me, is that no face to face interaction brings out some "interesting" characteristics in people:rolleyes: :p :eek: :D

Archived