Summit-what A Mess

MOUSE LADY

We were booked on the Summit for the sailing of the 17th, now changed to the 20th. Have airline tickets, internet non-refundable, rooms in Vancouver BC for 15 and16th now must add 17,18,19 to it. Now insurance says that it is Celebritys fault, maybe no trip interuption insurance. So here we are on a three day week-end, our TA can't get information, we don't know what to do.
This is my first sailing with Celebrity and may be my last, any way I know there is a whole ship load out there in the same mess. Any one have any help.

Please post the name of the insurance company that is saying there is no coverage. I thought that is what insurance was supposed to cover - things out of your control! :mad:

I hope you find out otherwise. Keep us posted!

Mouse Lady -

I am so sorry for what you are going through. There are several posts on the Celebrity Cruise Critic board - you may want to look there for information.

Unforunately - it doesn't seem to matter which cruise line cancels a cruise - I haven't seen many people pleased with how the cruise line handles things (regardless of cruise line).

Good luck!

Summit's September 17 sailing, a 14-night Alaska and West Coast cruise, departing Vancouver and concluding in San Diego, will be delayed three days and depart on September 20. Celebrity will contact each guest booked on that cruise to rearrange their embarkation in Vancouver and provide further details.

Hope this helps and I do hope that you enjoy your visit to Vancouver and your Alaska cruise even if it is shortened by a couple of days.

Dennis

The Insurance Is Global Alert, Purchased Thru M.h. Ross Travel Insurance Services And Claims By Tripinsurance.com Claims Thru
Trip Mate Insurance Agency, Inc. In Kansas City, Of Course They Are Closed For The Holidays 1-877-452-5378
Yes I Pulled A Realise Off The Yahoo News A Couple Of Days Ago, And It Explained The Thruster Problem, And Since This Is A Trans Cruise Going Thru Panama Canal That Might Be A Problem, But The $500.00 Cabin Credit For The Loss Of 3 Plus Days And Loosing 3 Ports Of Call For The Three In Our Cabin Just Does Not Seem Fair, Plus They Have Kept Us In The Dark Of Changes In Schedule And Who Is To Say That The Repairs In San Francisco Dry Docking On The 12th And Back Up To Vancouver On The 20 Will Really Happen...
But I Am Packing Today.....suitcases In Living Room And Stuff In Front Of Them Ready To Be Packed....positive Thinking...
Thanks Everyone

I'm sorry for your troubles and I don't have any solutions. I just hope you have a lovely time with the extra days in Vancouver. We were there two weeks ago and it is a wonderful place to visit. If your ship isn't already going to Vancouver Island (Victoria) perhaps you could hop over there?

[quote name='Leslieswiger'][b]Believe me when I say you WILL enjoy the Summit. She is a wonderful ship and the company you will find is first rate.:) What has happen is not the fault of the company.:eek: Do try and enjoy yourselves.:) [/b][/QUOTE]

It is the fault of the cruise company. Celebrity has had numerous problems similiar to this with the Millennium class ships. I believe they are suing the shipbuilders for this (and similiar issues to other M-class ships) to try to recoup some of the cruise lines' losses.

Mouse Lady,

It really is too bad about your cruise. But, at least your cruise isn't cancelled completely like the one just before it. And as said, the Summit is a really nice ship - we've been on her twice in the last four months. I can also see people's frustrations with the lines not attending to known problems. In Summit's case I know that she was already well overdue for her drydock. Our April cruise was added on when she should have been in drydock, but couldn't because one of their other ships needed an unscheduled drydock. So, maybe if dealt with sooner they wouldn't be where they are now.

However, having just returned from Vancouver - we spent 3 days there post-Alaska cruise, it's a great city and we would have loved more time there. So, try to make the best of it and enjoy the city even more...

Dear Mouse Lady

Sorry about your shortened cruise. However come to Vancouver and spend the extra 3 days - there is lots here to do and you won't be sorry for the extra time. Here are some suggestions:
1) Go to Victoria on Vancouver Island for 1 night and enjoy the world famous Empress Hotel - make sure you have Tea att he Empress although expensive it is well worth it - visit the famous Buchart Gardens - the wax museum - underssea gardens & more
2) To relax and de-stress go to Harrison Hot Springs and stay at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort Hotel for 1 or 2 nights overlooking beautiful Harrison Lake. Here you can enjoy relaxing in the mineral hot pools - walk on the beach - take a spa treatment etc. The Copper Room serves up gourmet dinners every evening accompanied by a live band for dancing.
3) Go to Whistler for a night and enjoy the world class resort where the 2010 Winter Olympics will be held.
4) Just stay in Vancouver and enjoy time to visit our many attractions from museums to theatres to gourmet restaurants - to hiking trails

If you have any questions ont he above just ask and we will answer

Remember when life serves you up lemons make lemonade and enjoy those lemons :>:>:>

Yes We Are Extending For The Three Days. Have Reservations At Ramada Hotel And Suits On Kingsway..guess That You Have A Excellent System That We Can Pay Like $8.00 Per Person And Ride Around Your City And Get Off And On..what Is This Called?? And I Understand It Is A Beautiful City..
We Have Pulled Up Things To Do Off The Internet, So We Will Fly By The Seat Of Our Pants.
Thanks For The Things To Do.
If Our Insurance Pays We Might Change Hotels, Any That Comes To Mind????

bchappygal-I too am on the summit with mouselady and was wondering if you knew anything about the airport/richmond hotels? at the moment the choices seem to be best western abbercorn inn or the best western richmond convention centre. It says we can get round trip shuttles for $13 to downtown. The difference in price is 280/320+tax canadian in richmond for 3 nights total as opposed to that price for 1 night downtown. What do you think?

Become familier with biddingfortravel.com and the use of Priceline. No one has better pricing on hotel rooms in big cities. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Vancouver for four nights following our Alaska cruisetour on Aug 14-18th for $65/night. THey are, however, non-refundable.

Good luck and enjoy your trip

ed

Just found out tonight that the brother of one of the guys at work was to be on the cruise this week that was cancelled. He has been doing claims adjusting for the hurricanes and was looking forward to getting away. They were going to cancel his vacation from work, but when he told them what he had planned, they let him go on vacation. He just found out by accident that it had been cancelled. His agency hadnt even notified him. He happened upon it by calling Celebrity about something. Oops.

Archived