Solar Tan Suits

kathyemma

Has anyone even worn the solar tan swimsuits? I got a few for my upcoming cruise. Parts of my body have NEVER seen the sun - i am going to have to put some strong sunblock on - but I do want to get a little color. How well do these suits work?

Kathy

A lady I met on a cruise a couple years ago told me she was wearing one. Said she put spf "all over" before putting on her suit. A few days later, she told me it was a big mistake. Too much "virgin" skin got burned. She said she looked "very interesting" in the nude. Sounds like something you'll have to be careful of.

A lady I met on a cruise a couple years ago told me she was wearing one. Said she put spf "all over" before putting on her suit. A few days later, she told me it was a big mistake. Too much "virgin" skin got burned. She said she looked "very interesting" in the nude. Sounds like something you'll have to be careful of.

that is what i am worried about! i don't want my white butt (and other areas) getting so burnt that i can't sit at the bar!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy

Wouldn't you have to reapply if you go in the water too? Seems like an awful lot of work and care. If Kathy is worried, I'd suggest she hit a tanning booth before cruising and get a "glow";) on those "white cheeks" before using the new suits. But be very careful with that whole thing too.

I have worn a few of their suits. Just put a stronger sunscreen on those areas that normally don't receive sun exposure....a lower spf on the other parts that do. They don't keep you from not having tan lines...just the lines are as hugely noticable.

I agree.I almost always wear one and untill you get a really good tan going load up on the sunscreen.

I had never heard of these bathing suits until I read this thread. I bought one for the wife(she hates tan lines) and we'll see how it goes. I ordered it on line and it fit her perfectly...........We'll be on the Zuiderdam the week after Thanksgiving.........

• 4 weeks later...

Archived