Chair Hog Update?

Love Cruis'n

If someone dumps a towel' date=' paperback book, etc. on several chairs, and then leaves, that's another.[/quote']

I so agree with all you say. I love it when people say, "We just put our stuff on our chairs and then run to get breakfast (lunch, whatever). If you're not sitting in it, or you're not in the pool or the hot tub, or you're not in the bathroom or in line for a burger poolside (the only meal I think it is legitimate to leave your "saved" lounge chair to get), you're hogging a chair!

My wife and I are on a Carnival cruise, spring break, 2006. We knew we would have a rowdy crowd of kids but to have thought we would have seen this was never expected: Six young ladies bring their books and towels and place them on primo real estate chairs. Three 30-something

couples approach the chairs TWO HOURS LATER (yes, we were in our own chairs one deck up and could see this all happen) and removed the ladies stuff with the assistance of a Carnival employee and TWO HOURS LATER the ladies all came back to the chairs, drunk and rude and began yelling at the three couples and proclaiming those were their chairs and how dare they remove their belongings. Eventually the six ladies, with the assistance of four young men, got six more chairs and squeezed them into the small space between the original chairs and the pool area until the three other couples eventually left. So to recap: The young ladies would have left their stuff on those chairs for FOUR hours before using them.

That is the primary definition of Chair Hog!

Archived