Barbados question - 6:30pm flt?

cruisr

Cruisr,

Suggestion: My friends at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel would probably be happy to pick you up and take you to the hotel ~~then transport you to the airport in time for your flight.

I've stayed here several times (right on the beach-also a most comfortable outdoor dining deck, etc.) and James Best at the front desk could arrange your transportation and day visit ~~also would store your luggage. The hotel is located in Christ Church area.

This is a small family owned hotel that caters to families.:p

Let me know if you'd like James Best e-mail address, etc.

Miss Martita B.

Seabourn Scalawag

Last year when I got off the Pride, I had booked a day room at the beautiful Hilton Hotel. I've done the same this year. I think it's about $160. I had a lovely ocean front room last year. I take a taxi over there from the ship, and luxuriate on their gorgeous beach. What a lovely place that is. I then go to the airport from there. Nice way to transition from the glories of Seabourn to the real world!

Jane :)

Cruisr,

Suggestion: My friends at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel would probably be happy to pick you up and take you to the hotel ~~then transport you to the airport in time for your flight.

I've stayed here several times (right on the beach-also a most comfortable outdoor dining deck, etc.) and James Best at the front desk could arrange your transportation and day visit ~~also would store your luggage. The hotel is located in Christ Church area.

This is a small family owned hotel that caters to families.:p

Let me know if you'd like James Best e-mail address, etc.

Miss Martita B.

Seabourn Scalawag

Howdy Martita,

Sorry I missed talking to you, left a message on Tuesday. Yes, I would love the email address of your friend at the hotel. I believe you know my email address!

Bon voyage

Cruisr

Cruisr

I'll send you James Best's e-mail information and the hotel information. It's located right in Christ Church so if you have a 'lit shopping to do a few stores are handy. Also, the small gift shop at the Coconut Court is full of "goodies!" My favorite lounging caftan I bought there.

Martita B.

Barbara,

If you disembark by 9 a.m. I think it would be wise to e-mail James Best and ask for a day room for the 4 of you. You wouldn't want to "hang out" at the Barbados airport until 3:30 pm ~~you could swim in the pool or the ocean, have a nice lunch on the open-air restaurant deck at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel and then get ready to go to the airport.

You might google, "Coconut Court Beach Hotel & Resort," then write James Best The driver to contact at the hotel is Kim Hunte.

It's not a Ritz ~~just a friendly, lovely small, family owned hotel. Many Europeans repeat every year and stay a month or two.

Happy Sailing:p

Martita B.

We are on the 6.25pm flight back to London Gatwick Airport. Every year we hire a car from the cruise terminal and tour the island, stopping off at various beaches and tourist sites. We then drop the car off at the airport and check-in for our flight. Over the years we have managed to see most of Barbados - we love it!

Simon :)

Hi Roz,

We have always used Stoutes Car Rental Ltd as they have an office (actually a little hut!) immediately outside the Barbados Cruise Terminal. Yes, you do have to have a Barbados Driving Licence (Permit), but you get that from the car hire office when you are doing the final paperwork to pick up your car. It costs BDS$10 and is shown on your invoice.

I would recommend reserving a car in advance, so it is ready for you. Their website is www.stoutescar.com. Remember to say that you are picking the car up from the Cruise Terminal (at around 9.00 am) and dropping it off at the airport. You park the car in the airport car park and hand the keys in at your check-in desk. It's really simple! I would also recommend having a car with Air Conditioning!

Hope this helps,

Simon :)

That's exactly what I did last year and it worked fine. I had time to spare after getting to the airport. The Hilton really is lovely and their beach is gorgeous. I actually was going to stay there pre-cruise, but on TripAdvisor, a traveler told me extensive beach restoration sort of ruined their stay (and I notice on Hilton's webpage it is not expected to be completed until the beginning of December). I don't think it will bother me for a day, so I also booked the day room for December 1. If you would like to share a car from the port to the hotel, let me know; I'll be seeing you on the cruise! It sounds like we might even have the same flight to Miami from Barbados! AA?

Best wishes,

Jane

That's exactly what I did last year and it worked fine. I had time to spare after getting to the airport. The Hilton really is lovely and their beach is gorgeous. I actually was going to stay there pre-cruise, but on TripAdvisor, a traveler told me extensive beach restoration sort of ruined their stay (and I notice on Hilton's webpage it is not expected to be completed until the beginning of December). I don't think it will bother me for a day, so I also booked the day room for December 1. If you would like to share a car from the port to the hotel, let me know; I'll be seeing you on the cruise! It sounds like we might even have the same flight to Miami from Barbados! AA?

Best wishes,

Jane

Hi Jane! We'd love to meet you. (We're from Philly too). I guess this is what you are referring to -

An island-wide government beach restoration project is currently in progress affecting the beach on one side of Hilton Barbados. This work should be completed by early December.

I've emailed the res manager to see what she has to say. I'm tempted to just get a car and drive around but would hate to fly home without a nice shower. So we'll stick with our day room.

We are already 4 (2 couples) but we might be able to handle a 5th depending on the cab. We are HEAVY packers!

Email me at my personal email and I'll give you my website so you can see what I look like! kschweiger01@comcast.net

Martita,

Thank you so much for the info on the CCBH, we just booked 3 rooms there for our pre cruise and post cruise on the Pride Dec 1-15 after your post about the special there. Judy took my reservations by phone and was very easy to work with and had offered to arrange our pick up and transfer to the ship, just great sevice already. Thank you for the tip. Robbie

Barbara

I'll e-mail you James's e-mail, also Kim Hunte (car/driver)

Robbie,

The folks at the CCBH are soooo nice! Please go meet James and tell him I send "Hug's" ~~once you've visited, they all become good friends. The open-air bar/restaurant is fun for cocktails. Last Dec. I went a'round 6:30 p.m.and 'lo and behold photographer's and models were having drinks ~~they were from Cal. and were working for a magazine ~~we sure had fun!

The restaurant is "so so", but excellent for breakfast. Many good places to eat close by or a'round Hastings (Christ Church area)

Happy to help ~~~

Martita B.

Best wishes,

Jane

Helo Jane, I think we will be on the same cruise - we are staying at O

Peach and Quiet pre and post cruise - I know we have differentv views on this hotel but we love it. Look forward to meeting you on baord.

I will look forward to meeting you. I think Peach and Quiet is quite a find...it didn't work well for me because I was upstairs and the room was suffrocating with no A/C! But if you have a room that gets a breeze, I don't think you can beat the price, the incredible view, or the nice managers (even though they got a bit miffed over my TripAdvisor review!). I can understand why you chose it.

Best wishes,

Jane

We are on the Pride leaving on the 17th. The schedule indicates we dock at 8am on the 24th.

Our flight is at 4pm and I am trying to figure out what to do on the 24th.

What time do we have to leave the boat by if we dock at 8? Is check out time 9? 10? noon?

Can anyone offer suggestions for luggage storage? My first thought would be to get a day room at the Hilton but it is sold out.

My second thought is to rent a car/van and lug our bags around while we take a rolling tour of Bridgetown. Thank you for the www.stoutescar.com link.

I do not want our first cruise experience to be ruined by a mediocre last day. I appreciate any suggestions!

James

james@nelsondog.com

We had the same problem with waiting for the Gatwick flight. We also stayed at the Hilton, it was just over $100 which was a steal. It is close to the cruise terminal and not far from the Airport so taxi costs are cheap. The beach refurb is no problem as it is being done in sections and I must say I was surprised at how good the hotel was, some Hiltons are quite frankly dowdy. The staff are friendly, the food more than acceptable and it is quite a stylish hotel. I will definitely stay here again if I need a room in Barbados.

Hi Jane,

Just wanted to wish you a happy and wonderful cruise! You must be excited now -I know we are. We are also staying at the Hilton pre cruise on 30 November before our departure to the Pride. Thank you for all the diving tips - Steve appreciates the help.

Happy Holidays!!

LOL Anne :)

Hi, Anne! Thank you for the bon voyage! I am excited, I really can't believe I'm about to get on Seabourn, it's been a long time waiting! I've got alot of my packing done, have one more day at work (tomorrow, Monday) and then have the day off Tuesday to wrap up some last minute errands. My plane leaves out of LAX at about 11pm Tuesday night...and I have to change planes in Miami with a four hour layover (yawn), so I'll be way tired when I get to Barbados! But I'm sure I'll handle it.

Since you will be boarding the day I leave, so sorry I'll miss you. Have a lovely cruise as well, and I'll make sure we leave the ship in good condition for you!

Jane :)

who personally thinks her countdown clock is off by a day or so!

Hi Jane, I hope your flight connections down to Barbados work out well and that you have a great two weeks on the Pride.

We board on 24th November and hope to meet you during your second week.

Like you, we can't believe that we will be back on board in such a short time.

Best wishes, Simon :)

Archived