lasting friendships

nurseblissful

have you met people on a cruise and maintained that friendship? we met a great couple on our first cruise and have met at least once a year at virginia beach, williamsburg or in norfolk. we missed going to see them in pennsylvania because of my mil's death this past spring. but guess what? we are going to be cruise buddies again! it won't be until march 2009, but we are all going again. what fun! got any great cruise buddy stories? :) lauri

Oh yes, I met my dearest friend on a cruise. We have been able to meet in person just once since then ( two years ago ). We have planned cruises together but they sadly haven't worked out.

We speak weekly and sometimes daily on the phone. We became instant buddies and from there we just became really close. What great luck we had to be traveling on that cruise together!

We have met other couples that we keep in touch with and even some staff, but only one great friend.

On our first cruise, 20 years ago, we shared our dining table with a slightly younger couple from Salt Lake. We live in Baltimore. The only thing we all enjoyed was meeting each other!

We exchanged Christmas cards for a few years and then decided to invite them to meet us in Hawaii for vacation (we had a 2 bedroom timeshare condo). A good time was had by all and we have since become great friends and have vacationed twice in Puerto Vallarta and again in Hawaii. They have also been to our home more than once.

In three weeks we are taking our 4th cruise and they are joining us for their 2nd!!

Probably the most congenial table of strangers I ever sat at was the 1992 Hawaii cruise. I still keep in touch with one of the couples.

Besides that I have met and become good friends with several CC'ers who were on my cruises. There are two very special "forever" friends I met through CC roll-calls. I feel blessed that they entered my life. :)

We have met some wonderful people on various -- have sailed with some of them a few times. Still keep in touch with via e-mail and regular mail.

But as the years have passed, a few have passed away and others have lost their better half and are no longer cruising right now. Lost 3 friends this past year. One spouse will be doing the World Cruise on Princess by himself.

I have been most fortunate. I have met many wonderful people on cruises and have been able to maintain contact, and even visit, some of them. One of my recent joys of cruising is being able to sail once again with some of those fine people from previous cruises. Traveling again with those with whom one has gotten to know makes a great cruise even better! And, knowing, as I do, that my next cruise will also include some of these friends increases my anticipation for the cruise even more!

we took my fil to dinner the other night and my dh was carrying on about his "afternoon sandwich buddy" and then today they let us know they could make it....so you all know what a great feeling that is! they shop for alot of jewelry, we hang on the beach and drink. and we have combined our activities to an art form. what good luck! thanks for sharing your memories and letting me share mine!!! lauri

I have met people I will remain friends with for life ... whether or not it works out that we find ourselves on the same cruise again together.

The two most wonderful people I've met have been Kakalina (Trish) and her husband Virgil. We really didn't even communicate that much before the cruise we took together in 2006 ... a 30-dayer ... but we became close friends during that cruise, and the friendship has never wavered. In fact, it grows closer by the day.

There are others I've met ... others I keep in touch with ... but none so close as Virgil and Trish ... two people I feel downright privileged to call my friends.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Yep - we've made some great friends cruising. From 3 different cruises we have 3 different sets up friends - from various parts of the country and have been to each of their homes and gone on additional cruises with them. It's one of the added bonuses from cruising...meeting great folks and making great friends!!

Hi

We met friends when we used to travel on the Bus tours in mid 1990's and have still kept in touch - we have visited each other and travelled together again - they were from Chicago/South Carolina/Sacramento/Carmel, Ca./San Francisco. After that we met a couple from Virginia and have been in touch with them for last 10 yrs we met in Switzerland. The next time we made friends so close was on our first cruise a number of years ago a younger couple he a Doctor at Walter Reed - they are just moving to Bankgok and we are going to meet up with them in Singapore on our world cruise in January 2008. On the same cruise we will be visiting with friends we made in Sydney and Melbourne Australia - and a ships crew in Mumbai - we have friends in Vancouver, Canada Arizona and more and I still keep in touch with all of them - mind you a really busy time but I love to do it - even if only at Xmas time and a note in between on the internet. OUr world cruise in January will be so exciting - we have already met one lovely couple from Ottawa Canada who will be on the entire cruise with us and another couple in the USA - aint travelling fun!!! It is an experiene and education and makes the world soooooooo much smaller. We love it!!! Happy Holidays wherever you go.

Frankie - Toronto

Archived