Oceania Roll Calls

Texas Jim

Please forgive me as I am about to embark on my first cruise with Oceania (Nautica). In the past on other cruise lines, I have found that the Roll Call board was an excellent vehicle for meeting fellow cruisers and sharing information.

Unfortunately, with few exceptions, I have not found this to be the case with Oceania. The general Oceania Nautica board is filled with excellent information and recommendations, however, it is spread throughout a number of different postings which if consolidated would be an excellent source for planning a specific cruise.

Please do not infer that this is intended as criticism about Oceania but more of an attempt to learn the best way to stay abreast of one’s upcoming cruise. In other words, the Oceania way. :)

Suggestions and/or recommendations appreciated.

Texas Jim

You are correct that the Roll Call board for Oceania is pretty quiet

In fact the whole Oceania Forum is

I think its because many of Os clients are just totally happy with the line and just do not see the need to be involved in things like cruise critic

Thats the impression we got from our recent cruise

Bangkok to Beijing will be our 2nd O cruise but really our 3rd since we were on the Nautica when it sailed under Renaisance .

I do not think you will be disapointed

Yes,the Roll Call forums are fairly quiet. The Yahoo Oceania forum seems to be more heavily visited than the Cruise Critic boards.

Oceania is a small company and relatively new, and their entire fleet carries fewer passengers than one of Princess Grand class vessels.

We did have an fairly active thread for last year's Istanbul to Singapore cruise on Nautica.

A roll call I started for Regatta's transAtlantic, Mar 08, has been very quiet.

The roll call I started for Nautica's New Zealand/Australia Jan 09 has been even quieter.

Some roll calls seem to have more participation than others.

Some people may not know about the ROLL CALLS and some just want to cruise and enjoy without all the door decorations, cabin crawls etc.... meeting people as they go.

Try OceanaCruises@yahoogroups.com.

Yes, they did spell the name of the company wrong!

The orginal name of the company was Oceana and that is why the name on yahoo is spelled that way..when FDR changed it..it was too late for Laura (yahoo board owner) to change..too many people were already using it!!!

Jan

I'm told that the name was changed from Oceana to Oceania to prevent any confusion with the cruise ship Oceana, sailing for P&O (UK).

The ship Oceana is of course the former Ocean Princess, built for Princess Cruise Lines, one of four of the Sun class, sisters being Sun Princess, Sea Princess, and Dawn Princess. Sea Princess did serve awhile as P&O (UK) Adonia.

Sometimes difficult to keep track of ships and their various names/lives.

Archived